343i 36th Weekly Community Poll

Welcome all to the 36th 343i Weekly Community Poll!

WP2bd2d.png

Last week's Community Poll asked members if they'd like to have playable Alien creatures in Halo 5: Guardians, the results are in and the polls are closed, let's see what the community said!

Yes! Of course we want to play as aliens, take a look at what rrhuntington had to say on the matter,

Elites of course. They are a gimmie, or at least should be in my mind. They have a great following in the Halo franchise, and it's just cool to break out of that norm of playing as a Spartan. Not to mention Elites are some of the most honorable aliens I've ever had a fight with... except when they Karate Kick me on Legendary, that's where I draw the line.

For other aliens however, there could be a mode somewhere for this, maybe a little like Beast mode from GOW3, but just to the extent of "You play as all of the enemy species." Now playing as a Promethean Knight or Hunter... that would be a scary thought that another person is controlling him and is on the move looking to get you.

This week's Community Poll has to do with all the hype that's been stirred by Microsoft's E3 press conference reveal of The Master Chief Collection. This week's Community Poll question is:

Are you more excited about the Halo 5 beta or Halo 2 Anniversary Multiplayer?

halo-the-master-chief-collection-621febe

Leave your thoughts and vote in the comments below.

Be sure to cast your vote before 6-16-14 @ 6:00 AM EST

Thanks for taking part in this week's poll and

See y'all next week! :wave:

Have a question, suggestion, or complaint pertaining to the poll? Message BZ1

• Like 3

I'm excited for the entire collection and everything in it!

I'm going to play from Halo CE to Halo 4 all on one disc without any interruptions.

The 11th of November will be the last time I'll see sunlight.

Well to be honest it would be easier to be more hyped for the Halo 2 Anniversary Multiplayer (and original CE Multiplayer) than the Beta. So far the only thing Halo 5 related was that brief cut scene after the Halo 2 demo where the Spartans go at it. There's not really much to see there. A Spartan does a Ground Slam, and there seems to be a massive Jump mechanic at the beginning. Not much else.

When we get more info on the beta, then the hype will increase, but for now I think most people just want to kick ass, and teabag in the nostalgia that is Halo 2 :D

Halo 2 anniversary, of course. Like Self Destruct said, I'll be excited when I get my hands on that beta. Halo 2 anniversary will be much fun, along with the whole master chief collection! Each year I always have a Halo week with my Xbox LIVE buddy, where we play all the main Halo titles. Now if he gets an Xbox One, this will be JUST Perfect for us both.

Besides, I never was able to play Halo 2 Multiplayer on live. So it will be Brand new to me!

I am more excited for the beta because we already have the chance to play Halo 2 multiplayer.  I already poured hours into Halo 2 and Halo 2 V and I just want to see what fresh new ideas 343i has for us next.

I also want to help make Halo 5 Guardians the best Halo game ever. I have full trust in 343i and they're doing a great thing from asking for our feedback.

Halo 2 Multiplayer! :D

As much as a peek at the latest installment's progress in gameplay and graphics would be nice, I can wait for it, but playing the classic multiplayer... That is way more important to me than Halo 5, to be honest. The campaigns were flawless, matchmaking was an art, and the experience in the games was pure ecstasy, I would not wish to put anything in front of it. We will have enough time for Halo 5 in the future, don't rush it, please, use the new bundle  as a buffer so more time can be put in Halo 5's development, I think it needs all the work it can get to be as amazing as the series' pinnacle in Halo 2 and 3.  

Edited by -Sparky-

Why I'm looking forward to the remakes...

The Halo 2 Anniversary section is obviously the key selling point of this disk, and for those of us who don't use Windows, Halo 2 Anniversary will be an excellent throwback to the game that started Halo multiplayer. I didn't have Xbox Live until 2010, so I only got to play the game when I was round a friend's house. It was an awesome game and for people who never got the chance to play it, now they can with dedicated server support, 60fps and 1080p HD!

Why I'm looking forward to the Halo 5 Beta...

Halo 4 was a mixed bag; it was a really fun game but it didn't have the replay value of Halo 3. I thought there was considerably more good than bad in Halo 4 whilst others severely disliked it. But I thought it was a decent first attempt. But now that they have heard fan feedback and have a new piece of hardware to work on, I think Halo 5 is going to be great (I'm not saying it will be, just saying how I think it'll be). They have shown that they are listening to the fanbase (they asked for Halo 2 Anniversary, and they give us this collection!) and that they are aiming to please them. They even admitted that Halo 4 wasn't as good as it could've been.

It's a tough choice but I think I'm more looking forward to the Halo 2 Anniversary. Also, don't forget about Halo: Combat Evolved being playable online! On Xbox, the only way to play Halo: Combat Evolved online was on Xbox Connect as Xbox LIVE didn't exist when the game was made (Xbox LIVE first launched in 2002) so this will be the first time that the multiplayer would be playable on Xbox LIVE!

I can't say until  both games come out. I truly am excited for both games, I just am not sure which one though. So I wait for both of the games to come out. Well I wait for a game and a collection that is. I can't be positive on which one I am looking forward to until they are out.