Rocket launcher or fuel rod cannon?

Creepertrent

The Fuel Rod Cannon does not have a Target Locator. The Rockets do, 343 should bring back the ol Rocket's Target's every moving vehicle. That feature was epic in Halo 2, you could lock on to Ghost's, Warthog's, Tank's/Wraith's.

Just plain Awesome.

• Like 1

The Fuel Rod Cannon does not have a Target Locator. The Rockets do, 343 should bring back the ol Rocket's Target's every moving vehicle. That feature was epic in Halo 2, you could lock on to Ghost's, Warthog's, Tank's/Wraith's.

Just plain Awesome.

Agreed. Just like how we use it on the second mission on Halo: Reach at the end to shoot down the Banshees. Love that feature. It's also pretty realistic to have it return, I don't see why all of a sudden Rocket Launchers can no longer lock on to enemy vehicles, unless the enemy vehicles have new technology that can prevent them from being locked on.

Rocket Launcher because it's more effective. Although the fuel rod gun/ cannon has more ammo, it bounces/ deflects and takes more shots to kill. The rocket launcher kills faster and more precisely.

You can kill a Player with 1 Fuel Rod round, but the problem is that the area of effect is smaller than the Rocket Launcher. Either way, if you know what you're doing then the Fuel Rod becomes more effective.

Rocket Launcher because it's more effective. Although the fuel rod gun/ cannon has more ammo, it bounces/ deflects and takes more shots to kill. The rocket launcher kills faster and more precisely.

The fuel rod is also a really nice way to bounce vehicles around though. 

The Rocket Launcher was a great help to me since it locked onto vehicles, especially against Banshees and Wraiths if there was no other methods of destroying them available. However, not all of the games featured that function. (At least, I don't think some of them did. It's been a while since I played the older games.)

The Fuel Rod Cannon was a big help to me in H4 during my Legendary campaign run. 3-4 shots took out the Elites, and since most of the Grunts I fought had been upgraded from Plasma Pistols and Needlers to Fuel Rods, ammo wasn't hard to find. But their major flaw of bouncing ammo always made them a bit difficult to use in mid-range distance. Long-range combat I could easily tell where I wanted the shot to bounce from.

Overall I think the Rocket Launcher has better handling and functions, but the Fuel Rod Cannon is more powerful and holds more ammo. So really, it's 50/50 for me.

You can kill a Player with 1 Fuel Rod round, but the problem is that the area of effect is smaller than the Rocket Launcher. Either way, if you know what you're doing then the Fuel Rod becomes more effective.

You also have to be far more accurate with the Fuel Rod Cannon to get that one-rod-kill. If the angle isn't good enough, it'll just bounce away. If you aren't close enough, you may not kill the enemy. Rocket Launcher rockets do not bounce and have a far bigger impact radius, as you mentioned. Besides the amount of shots fired before reloading, Rocket Launcher dominates.

One advantage the Fuel Rods have over the Rockets in Halo Lore, is that the Fuel Rods have plasma around them when fired so the can burn any enemy's that are too close as it passes. Not strong enough to kill them, but could do some serious hurt. We are discussing points in-game though so this wouldn't really be a point to discuss.

You also have to be far more accurate with the Fuel Rod Cannon to get that one-rod-kill. If the angle isn't good enough, it'll just bounce away. If you aren't close enough, you may not kill the enemy. Rocket Launcher rockets do not bounce and have a far bigger impact radius, as you mentioned. Besides the amount of shots fired before reloading, Rocket Launcher dominates.

One advantage the Fuel Rods have over the Rockets in Halo Lore, is that the Fuel Rods have plasma around them when fired so the can burn any enemy's that are too close as it passes. Not strong enough to kill them, but could do some serious hurt. We are discussing points in-game though so this wouldn't really be a point to discuss.

Well Idk I managed to get allot of kills when I had the Fuel Rod: which is why I said "if you know what you're doing" as in not firing everywhere and bouncing rounds all over the place like you said.

Any time I have the choice of Rockets vs Fuel Rod, I choose Fuel Rod.

• 2 years later...