A few new tools that should be added to Halo 5's Forge!

Delete Me

I don't know if it's a little late to comment on what should be brought to Halo 5 (or Halo 5 Guardian), but I just thought I would say what's on my mind. First off, after forging for over a year on Halo 4, I can honestly say I like it a lot better than halo reach forge (By no means am I saying it is better than Halo reach, that's just my personal preference). With that said, their are a few features that would be great for a high tech game like Halo 5 to be implemented.

1) An undo button would be nice: but I would defiantly like it better if it was a menu option only and not an actual button on the controller because I would hit it all the time!

2) A highlight option! I noticed on the 360 controller (at least I think) is that the bottom and right arrow do nothing in forge. With that said, perhaps they could be set as a new function called Highlight. With the highlight option active, you can move multiple objects anywhere around the canvas without changing the angles of the objects, For instance if you have ever highlighted a sentence at the end of a paragraph in Microsoft Word and moved it to the beginning, everything says the same. With the highlight option, instead of being green when selected it should be yellow to indicate the highlight function is active. And of course if their should also be a menu function to highlight all in-case you want to move the whole thing.

3) This one is not not a huge complaint, but it would be nice if rotation snap worked for more sensitive angles instead of using the common 5, 15, 30, 45, & 90 preset rotations. Also if these could work across different coordinate planes, for instance, if I have a block at a 60 degree yaw, and I want to change it so it slopes 15 degrees down it should be straight and not crooked. This is difficult to explain, It's easier for me to show you then tell you. Anyways, that's all I got, please comment below with what your options are on the matter.

Edited by Azaxx
  • Like 3

1) An undo button would be nice: but I would defiantly like it better if it was a menu option only and not an actual button on the controller because I would hit it all the time!

Why not just delete the piece ?

Or if you are talking about a whole map ?  Okay but it should have a filter so you can just delete specific objects...

This filter already exists on objects in Halo 4 and Reach. :)

I get what you are saying for tool #3. There are certain points in which an item can't be rotated on so its usually at an akward angle that is totally different from what you want. Is that what you ment?

Yes, that's exactly what I mean!

Why not just delete the piece ?

Or if you are talking about a whole map ?  Okay but it should have a filter so you can just delete specific objects...

This filter already exists on objects in Halo 4 and Reach. :)

Like I mentioned above, a button would be really annoying, but as a menu option i would be great! I would want an undo menu option available because if you accidentally delete, delete all, change the angle, move a phased object underground, etc., it can be a bit of a pain to get it back the way it was and it also wastes lots of time in some cases.

Also, this may not be as big a deal to slayer-oriented map makers, but for racetracks & mini-games, an undo option would work wonders! I think the Highlight feature would be really great and would be really cool if it could be put into play. What would be really cool is if you could save the highlighted objects into a different canvas. But that's just a fantasy!

Edited by Azaxx

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I strongly agree with these.

I'm not a massive forger, but I'd definitely like to have these features. You can just delete something instead of 'undoing' it, but I see how that can be useful. The highlight option sounds really good, being able to deal with multiple pieces at once. I also like the one about rotation snap, you can be more specific on how you want something to be placed.

Good ideas.

• 2 weeks later...