Battlefield: Hardline release date

The new Battlefield: Hardline trailer reveals the release date

battlefield-hardline-logo_720.0_cinema_6

After lasts week 'leak' Visceral games has now released a trailer which pretty much confirms all rumours.

The setting is made pretty clear and the Police theme that was rumoured (and was pretty much bound to be true) is now confirmed.

The trailer can be seen down here:

The trailer not only shows what to expect but the release date as well which will be the 21st of October and will be released on the Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4 and PC

What surprises me is that last gen is being used in the development and it releases the 21st of October already.

Do you think the game will be held back by this?

Let me know down below!

Thank you for reading! :D

Source:

http://nl.ign.com/news/9425/battlefield-hardline-e3-trailer-toont-releasedatum

This post has been promoted to an article

Edited by Unease P34nut
  • Like 3

Really hyped for this game, I will definitely be buying come this October. As far as how quickly it's being released, I like the theme too much to not consider it. I don't really think it will held back in many regards, if any. I'm really looking forward to this title.

Great Article P34nut! :yay:

I don't think the game will be held back because they had most likely planned to make it last gen. To me it sounds like they are just putting new game modes and maps into BF3/4 and calling it a new game.

Basically. Which is a shame. It could have been a Halo 3 ODST style expansion or Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam expansion.

Anyways thanks for letting us know P34nut!

Also Evolve comes out this same day! 

I still don't get it ! Why do people like this idea !?

This one of the things that annoys me greatly about the games industry...

BF4 came out in a terrible state.... It just starts only a few weeks ago to be in a good state.... and now another one is coming out just as the BF4 finally becomes good....

..... I hope EA goes bankrupt soon.... I really do.... this is just obscured. :(

BF4 came out in a terrible state.... It just starts only a few weeks ago to be in a good state.... and now another one is coming out just as the BF4 finally becomes good....

..... I hope EA goes bankrupt soon.... I really do.... this is just obscured. :(

Jeez, it is just a video game company. I don't want to ruin the lives of several thousand people because I am displeased by a video game.

Regardless it isn't BF5 so it won't be anything too new technology wise. And Visceral is making half the game while DICE is just sticking multiplayer in it, likely a refined version of BF4.

No but the point is BF4 just got into the state it should have been in launch and now a new game is coming out....

I just.... really hate this... A refined version of BF4..... :(

Imagine if you paid the maxim to pre order the game... you got BF premium or whatever it is called.... and got the collectors edition.... Were super hyped...

And were given a terrible product and finally as the product is fixed another BF game is coming out. :(

No but the point is BF4 just got into the state it should have been in launch and now a new game is coming out....

Imagine if you paid the maxim to pre order the game... you got BF premium or whatever it is called.... and got the collectors edition.... Were super hyped...

And were given a terrible product and finally as the product is fixed another BF game is coming out. :(

if someone spends money on the collectors edition for a game, that's their responsibility,nobody forced them to spend all that extra money, sure EA could have spent more time working on it before releasing it so it wouldn't be so glitchy, but you can't expect them to, they are EA after all. And with more franchises being released yearly, you have to expect a new game every year, so a new battlefield game isnt entirely shocking.

I preordered the normal game without any premium who-ha. Even though I never ran into any problems I got bored with the game. I was more disappointed with the game and not the bugs (as I ran into one of them), but I wasn't furious. I just figured oh well, it is just a video game and I spent $60 when I should have spent $20.

Plus this new one is at least a completely different subject. It would really be a slap in the face if they released another modern military shooter. It has the potential to actually be a new experience.

Edited by WonderWombat

I'm pretty sure as a developer, that's what you're supposed to do. If you finally get your newest game the way you wanted it, you shift focus away from it to a new title.

Battlefield Hardline has been in the making for the past two years, I don't understand why you have a problem with them releasing a new game.

I'm pretty sure as a developer, that's what you're supposed to do. If you finally get your newest game the way you wanted it, you shift focus away from it to a new title.

Battlefield Hardline has been in the making for the past two years, I don't understand why you have a problem with them releasing a new game.

BZ it's because of this game we are having to wait longer for other DICE titles such as Battlefront and Mirrors Edge 2

BZ it is because BF4 finally got fixed and now another BF came is coming out. :)

I would have also expected a 2 or 3 year gap in BF games.

This is really more of a spin-off installment, it's not acting as BF5. It is, in my opinion, a filler for EA to get bring in more cash while they work on BF5. Halo did this with Spartan Assault, ODST(This one's debatable), and Halo Wars. I find nothing wrong with it. If EA wants to release more titles, under the Cops and Robbers theme, I'd be happy to buy.