Regained Hope for DICE?

Eqwinoxe

Didn't Mention it earlier, but this is for Battlefield 4.

So DICE has rolled out a new update that is undoubtedly supposed to fix this issue.. Yeah, I know, never ending process, but it was probably the most hyped update to date. This update contained something that all players are rejoicing about, and the new rebound faith in DICE. People have been seeing a noticeable difference in the update, with all the delay being fixed and all. Players are happy about a DICE NET CODE patch. Yes, you read it right, a DICE NET CODE patch. People all over have be making jokes about how DICE needs to fix the game, and then they say right after, "WOAH!" Personalty, I am extremely excited to play the game now, and will not worry about how I apparently got shot through a wall. So come and enjoy the new patch, as DICE actually did something. Hue Hue Hue

Link to the Battlelog, that explains what they did, and how they tested it. http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/news/view/new-netcode-update-rolling-out/

EDIT: And that's all I need to say. Thank You for reading! :)

Edited by Eqwinoxe
  • Like 2

I've had confidence in DICE since last year's E3 announcement of Star Wars: Battlefront. Things happen, I get that, Battlefield 4 was rushed, I can think of another great game that got rushed and it's fan-base was quickly disheartened. (Halo 4)  I still have faith in DICE because since BF4's release they've been fixing it, it took 8 months, (it took 343i 6!) but it shows they'll stick to their product.

I'll be buying Star Wars: Battlefront regardless of my opinion of DICE though, it's the first console installment in 10 years, I won't be missing out on that. :D

• Like 1

I've had confidence in DICE since last year's E3 announcement of Star Wars: Battlefront. Things happen, I get that, Battlefield 4 was rushed I can think of another great game that got rushed and it's fan-base was quickly disheartened. (Halo 4)  I still have faith in DICE because since BF4's release they've been working on fixing it, it took 8 months, (it took 343i 6!) but it shows they'll stick to it. I'll be buying Star Wars: Battlefront regardless of my opinion of DICE though, it's the first console installment in 10 years, I can't miss out on it.

I always had confidence in DICE. I have never lost hope, but it just got frustrating knowing that it will take a while to fix problems. Maybe I'm just impatient lol. 

I haven't played BF4 outside of campaign on the PC.  Can someone explain what the problems were, and how severe they got?

Just a bunch of issues with lag. Like you will get shot around the corner even if it on your screen you already got around that corner. There was also one where dead bodies acted as a shield for projectiles and grenades.

They were serious enough that it took DICE 8 months to fix ALL netcode, and serious game bugs. 

I never lost faith in DICE, EA was the one who had the release date set in stone.

That being said Ai never actually experienced any problems in BF4, PC version. Also I don't think this is going to bring too many people back.

Edited by WonderWombat