EK/Omega: You're a pretty good person at chasing down news but I don't think it's apt for you to claim that you are 'better than people in the system'. You should also RP some more. Legit.

Alright, I figured it was time to respond to this thread because, let's face it, I admit we've had some bad blood between us these past few months, mistakes on both parts, I will aptly admit I've made many mistakes in my time on this site and during discussions with you. I do think it's sad to see you appear less and less because, let's face it, while I may not have liked your opinions, your sense of humor, or your own reactions to people and their's to you, you were still a member who contributed, in the shoutbox, community events, offbeats, and news akin. I'd like to clear that out of the way before I continue, because many will claim that I hate you. So listen here any member who has stated that I hate this member or that member. I hate none of you, all of you are family, whether I like and communicate with you is a different story, but I feel no contempt toward a single person here, much as some have likely felt that way toward me.

Now, as to what you said, first of all thank you for complimenting me on my News abilities and suggesting going back into the Roleplaying scene. This is something I have deliberated for a long time, and I feel now isn't the time for it. Not only is my job bogging it down a lot, but the Roleplaying community isn't active the way it used to be, and maybe that's just how it should be for the old community. I say let a new generation of roleplayers come in and craft their own unique style, the time of Omega, the time of The Dumb Marine, the time of AIGamerGirl, the time of BaconShelf, that time ended long ago and we've all moved on to different things or left... Like BaconShelf and AI did... The community isn't right for it, but I do feel it should be resurrected in the near future by a new group entirely, and maybe we should retire back and enjoy the old moments while keeping in our hearts the new.

Now here's what I don't understand in this particular post Yoko. You claim it is not apt for me to claim I am better than the people in the system, and I frankly can't wrap my head around this statement. I have never once claimed to be better than any regular member, as a matter of fact I've integrated myself more with members than staff I think! I hang out with a member more then I hang out with a Communications guy or Art Department guy. I myself AM a normal member, so that makes perfect sense, so I don't understand how you can make a bold claim that I see myself as above a regular member, despite the blatant fact that I myself am a regular member, just with a different shade.

• Like 1

"I am better than the average journalists in the american system" <--- I've heard you say this countless of times. Is this not proclaiming that you are better than the system or are my eyes deceiving me?

As for RP's, this place never had the big potential for it. An RP isn't sustainable with 3 or 4 or 5 or so people; that is possibly the number of people in a small interaction thread. I've lost hope for RP's on 343i.org; not with the current population of people who have an interest in cohesive storytelling. Not only that, but I've always maintained a belief that for an TBRPG to do well and survive it needs to be sandbox instead of linear; most of the Halo RP's we've had on this forum have all been linear.

You-you called my swag.  :cray:

Yang says "You suck" after every time he kills me, so I'm sure it's ok. :)

I was really shocked when I saw this was posted by you. I would've never expected you to leave.

You'll have a PM coming your way.

Stay strong soldier.  :salute:

McNair_Salute.png

"I am better than the average journalists in the american system" <--- I've heard you say this countless of times. Is this not proclaiming that you are better than the system or are my eyes deceiving me?

As for RP's, this place never had the big potential for it. An RP isn't sustainable with 3 or 4 or 5 or so people; that is possibly the number of people in a small interaction thread. I've lost hope for RP's on 343i.org; not with the current population of people who have an interest in cohesive storytelling. Not only that, but I've always maintained a belief that for an TBRPG to do well and survive it needs to be sandbox instead of linear; most of the Halo RP's we've had on this forum have all been linear.

Never in my life have I said anything to that degree or even related to that. I look up to a lot of journalists in the American system, Joseph Vargas being one of the most prominent for me. As I said, if I ever said something like that I'd be counter-acting my usual behavior, so it makes no sense. I think you're either making this up or might have seen someone else do it. If you don't believe me, I guarantee you 99% of the members on this forum will swear they've never heard me act or say anything to the liking. In the end, this is false info you've got there, and it's tarnishing my reputation I think, so please remove it? Thanks.

No.

I've seen it. If you think I'm wrong I guess you could ask a mod to wipe my post.

If it's damaging my reputation then I'll ask, but it seems to be fine atm.

And no you haven't seen it, as it has never happened. Unless you have a screencap, I'm not buying it as anything more then misinformation.

If it's damaging my reputation then I'll ask, but it seems to be fine atm.

And no you haven't seen it, as it has never happened. Unless you have a screencap, I'm not buying it as anything more then misinformation.

I believe Yoko is referring to the times you called IGN bad news and bad writing and when there was a shoutbox argument over writing and you discussed how professional your writing is. I know this happened 100% because I had to settle things down. I believe the argument was between you and Scorch or someone in purple. 

• Like 1

Well....

This....

Hm.

Let's address some things.

As I'm sure everyone who's been in one of my lobbies will tell you, I don't censor ANYONE.

Because I like to swear.

Deal with it.

So on that particular count, I don't know what to say. Certain people like different environments for gaming, and some of them prefer it to be friendly, wholesome, and jovial. (And boring, but that's my opinion.)

But as for this thread... This seems to be partially in poor taste.

Yes, it is good to speak your mind, but you have to bear in mind that speaking your mind isn't always the best course of action. This community is one intended for friendly, humorous (And sometimes off-beat) conversation about various topics, and though someone may raise an opinion you don't agree with, you should debate it in a manner that reflects well on you, as well as the entire site. (We're trying to show that we're better than Waypoint, whether people want to admit it or not :P) In this regard ,and while I can't pull up specific examples, I have witnessed you attack a person during a debate, rather then trying to debunk their opinion. So in regards to why you've been reported, that may shed some light on it.

Personally, I have my opinions of everyone here; Most good, some bad. However, I will never say anything behind someone's back that I wouldn't say to their face, BUT that does NOT mean that I speak everything I have to say, as I prefer to conduct myself in a manner that I hope reflects well on me.

But long story short, The fact is that your leaving will be a blow to the community. You were an active member, and the threads you have started are some of the best in recent times. I greatly enjoyed reading The Sniper of 343, and I hope you continue it, and I hope you eventually reconsider coming back as a more active member.

Deuces, Homie. :wave:

• Like 2

I believe Yoko is referring to the times you called IGN bad news and bad writing and when there was a shoutbox argument over writing and you discussed how professional your writing is. I know this happened 100% because I had to settle things down. I believe the argument was between you and Scorch or someone in purple. 

I called IGN bad and said I was better then them, yes, but here he's proclaiming I say I'm better than the ENTIRE AMERICAN SYSTEM which is false.

I'm sick of all the mopey long winded goodbyes here, no offense guys. Everyone's acting like you're gone forever, and you know what? YOU'RE NOT! That's right JL, I'm calling you out. You're not gone forever. You may hate my guts, but dammit you're my friend and your butt is coming back here to stay one day. You're not gone for good. Be it days, weeks, months, or even years, you will eventually come back as a full time member again. You have no choice. It's what you agreed to when you became my friend. For the record, no, this does not apply to every member. JL is special like this. :3

Anyway, talk to you when you return a full time member or in the PMs then.

I'm sick of all the mopey long winded goodbyes here, no offense guys. Everyone's acting like you're gone forever, and you know what? YOU'RE NOT! That's right JL, I'm calling you out. You're not gone forever. You may hate my guts, but dammit you're my friend and your butt is coming back here to stay one day. You're not gone for good. Be it days, weeks, months, or even years, you will eventually come back as a full time member again. You have no choice. It's what you agreed to when you became my friend. For the record, no, this does not apply to every member. JL is special like this. :3

Anyway, talk to you when you return a full time member or in the PMs then.

*shuffles away*

wut

now im scared