I actually did read all that. I never really talked to you much on here, but oh well. I do remember that you were basically the only person who seemed to give a (bleep) about TF: Extinction, so thanks for that.

I can honestly say I'm sad to see you leave the site. \( ' _ '  )

I've read this thread in it's entirety and have a few things to say.

First of all, I'd like to say I enjoyed our 1v1 as well, you offered me some great advice and it was overall an enjoyable experience.

JL, you were brutally honest in your post, so I feel that I may have the same honesty towards you.

There are ways to treat people and there are ways not to treat people. Honesty is a good thing, it should be used to build trust though, not to attack people with their fallacies. I've seen you 'attack' people with honesty. It's not becoming of a member to literally ridicule other members both to their face and behind their back. 

The issue of Community Events being 'too restrictive and boring" is, in my opinion, not true at all. I think the Community Events have experienced a tremendous revival and I'm glad so many members are hosting them. I agree with you that Spades had some of the best CGN of all time, but I've had tons of fun, maybe even more than Spades' CGN, at events hosted by our everyday members! 

That being said, you offered a lot in terms of content in discussions. You were genuinely well-researched in your opinions and presented them very well. You gave the forum great discussions, most prominent being the Sniper of 343i.org.

You're a good member JL, you can seemingly come off as a jerk at times, I know your can become a better member. We all have to grow up one day, you'll understand how to interact with people as you have more experiences with them, I have confidence in you. I appreciate the time that you've dedicated to this site and thank you for it. I hope that if you ever change your mind you'll return to your activity here, hopefully as a more mature member. 

Everyone has feelings :hugz: 

• Like 2

What a read...

Anyway, here's my reaction throughout:

Please don't go :cray:

Please don't hate me :cray:

I'll play some proving ground with you :)

I hope to see you return some day!

I may not have known thee, but I may be able to offer advice.

First I want to mention the attitude. The only time I remember talking to you was when I was confused about your sentence and stated that it seemed wrong. The attitude you had came off as very cynical even after I admitted it was my misunderstanding. Anyways the majority of people on the Internet get upset when you tell them they are wrong. This is not a revelation and I don't know why it upsets you. Some of these people can get offended when being so brutally honest. Even if you think your are using constructive criticism they may not perceive it as such. Now a problem here could be overestimating your own ability to communicate with people through the internet, it takes some time before you can engage people with criticism without angering them. I was similar on another forum I belong too, when I first joined I pissed a lot of people off.

Now before I say anything more that you may or may not take with a grain of salt; I should mention that back in the far away year of 2011 when I joined Bethesda's forums I too was one of those people who perceived their communication skills to be too high and I spent too much time there. It got to the point where I had 10000 posts in 1.5 years time and there where a lot of people I didn't like. I took an extended break from there and over the past year have become far more open minded there. Even though I have had 3000 posts the during the last year I feel that I get along better with the people there now.

Here is how I rectified those problems. First thing was hang out with my local friends more. Being a teenager, doing whatever with them took my mind off of problems and overall I enjoyed the time I spent with then. Second was get a hobby that really doesn't involve the internet. If people on the Internet are a problem then best thing to do is stay away from that. Over the years a good portion of my time was spent golfing, drawing, Lego making?, and making model airplane. Two of those things I'm not even that good at but I do it anyways.

Anyways I took my work break time to read this and respond to it. It always sucks to see a more active memeber leave.

One more thing I forgot. There isn't a lot of Halo discussion because nothing new has happened in over a year. It becomes boring talking about the same stuff over and over. So there will be the few who bicker about things continuously until the next game comes out. Come Halo 5 there will probably be a lot more discussion again.

It really sucks to see you go I enjoyed your opinion on things because they were vastly different from mine and it was nice having someone who didn't agree with me. Even if I was blunt to you at times(which I admit I was rude to you and I am sorry) I want you to know that I still appreciated your side of the coin even if we always disagreed. 

You never got the chance to be MoM  :crybaby:

Anyways I hope to see you around on HaloCustoms and hopefully you visit once in awhile. Manly for that summer event I've told you about ;)

I also read Sniper of 343i although I don't keep up with discussion since I just read and fly away. 

gg

Bnus: "I don't care if people hate me" <-- Do you really think like that?

Yes I don't actually care. I guess I should let all of you know why. I am just a harsh person a lot of people think of me as nice(or so I think so) but the truth is I am more of a breadhole then anything. I am rude and can be close minded at times and overly sarcastic. Although I do my best to at least respect others and their opinions.

the following spoiler is mainly meant to give backstory on why I don't care if people hate me. Do not reply to this publically. This is JL's goodbye thread not Bnus story time(if you want to reply to me about this just send it in a PM please) I would PM this to JL but if JL is going to be honest I should too. 

In elementary and middle school I was the odd kid. I was bullied(physically and mentally) ever since I started school at 4 years old all the way till 14. I never had much friends and I did awful during those years I nearly commited suicide back during 7th grade(Which means I was 13). I dealt with a lot of things(A lot more then getting bullied, my parents were struggling at the time and my dad had serious heart issues and things didn't look good at all and my older brother/sister were away at college and I never got to see them.). Luckly things eventually did get better and when I started highschool I was lucky enough to meet a good friend; who helped me through a lot of this and I started doing things afterschool like JROTC which made me meet more people and have something to look forward too with my life. Things progressed all those "bullies" luckly didn't go to the same Highschool or at least we didn't share the same class. I think it is easy to tell the rest from here. Things got better wayyy better. I grew up and matured. I met the amazing person who is now my girlfriend and I met the amazing group of people who are now my friends. People are still a-holes but I don't care anymore. After 10 years of going through hell you develop a thick skin. I no longer care what people think about me(unless I care about that person). I love the forum and I admire all of you as friends but I do keep my distance from you when it comes to letting any of you know me on a personal level. I hope that gave you some insight on why I dont care and I could have made this loads shorter but oh well~

P.S while writing this Azaxx said on skype that he hates bread. gg Az

EDIT: Made it shorter and took out some redundancies 

On another note I seriously valued you some of your ideas. I know we always disagreed and heck I guess over the past few weeks we haven't gotten along that is entirely my fault. I was stressed with my last semester of school and you can even ask EK when I recently lashed out on him(badly). I am not 100% sure if we even are friends but I don't want to say goodbye on a bad foot. Sorry JL you were good guy. 

10/10 Would friend again

• Like 2

That read :cray:

I-know-that-feel-bro-hold-f.jpg

Well I guess I will see you around JL. You won't be forgotten here with your knowledge of anime (Azaxx's right hand man of anime) ;)

You know I am always happy to talk about RWBY, so pumped for the premier :D :D :D

Hopefully I will see you around in the shoutbox or just around in general but when you want to then visit us all in the shoutbox because we will all miss you :cray:

See you around buddy. *sadly waves*

A few days ago when I believe you said. 'The current leader of ONI was a Spartan'.

Oh that thing.

What did I say next?

Spock-Live-Long-and-Prosper-61544348099.

Did not know Spock was an Avenger. Very interesting.

You know I am always happy to talk about RWBY, so pumped for the premier :D :D :D

They'd better not muck it up. I want to watch sexy girls fighting, kicking butt and taking names, not a horrendously written bully arc about Jaune, who honestly didn't do anything at all because it was Pyrrah's semblance who did the work. Even from a scientific perspective most of the energy that was needed to deflect that Ursa's swipe came from the force of Pyrrah's magnetism, not that little alpha race maggot who wears jeans like a sissy.

JL you've been one of my Regulars for a long time and a good forum friend. If you're not going to participate in any more Events or threads or even the Shoutbox then come back for The Anime PM :D. Yes you have my Facebook lol and I'm glad you liked the lobbies I hosted weekly back in the day, actually a year this month. It's sad to see you go buddy. 

come back for The Anime PM 

Just going to emphasize this here.

Can't say I've ever been good at saying goodbye to people whom I don't or have never spoken to. There are a lot of members here that I don't have a connection with, and when someone leaves sometimes I think why didn't I try to know that person or even play games with that person. It's sad to see you go, like me I was here for the game nights mainly, but I eventually stopped and now I just hang around the forums posting every now and again. Moving on, I understand what you're getting at, especially when it comes to humor.

Over the internet I'm just a normal-ish guy responding to threads but in reality I'm someone who says the type of things Louis C K, Ricky Gervais, Jimmy Carr and Frankie Boyle would say at a comedy gig but not all at once of course just whenever I'm around my friends I make jokes and stuff. I guess you could say I have a devil-ish sense of humor in real life but over the internet I'm just the opposite, sorta.

I don't know where I'm really going with this. I'll stop myself before it becomes 8 paragraphs, so I'll just say that I hope you achieve your goals in life!

Good luck! Wish I could have known you just a little bit better. I would say something like "See you around" but I doubt I'll be here for much longer, though I've already made a goodbye thread I only really come back here because I just have more spare time than I originally though. I'm just not as into online communities like I was when I was a teenager.

Edited by ShockGazm

Over the internet I'm just a normal-ish guy responding to threads but in reality I'm someone who says the type of things Louis C K, Ricky Gervais, Jimmy Carr and Frankie Boyle would say at a comedy gig 

Knocking the sailors out of your mouth since 20XX

• Like 1

Well Yoko...Good-bye old friend. Rarely got to talk to you, but you are a really cool individual. Hate to see you go, and yes, that post was very fulfilling in my terms, and yes, I read the whole thing, and if I was more active, I believe we could of been great forum friends.I hate to see you leave, and good luck out there, you will need it. :)