Halo Wars: Funny Moments

Frankenzer

Post your Halo Wars funny moments here.

Let me start:

I had this game where I was teamed up with newbies. I was collecting resources when I stumbled at his ghost collecting resources. He then sent his prophet to use cleansing beam on me. Later on in the game I saw an enemy warthog on my base. I alerted my other team mate who was playing as captain cutter because he had tanks near my base. He decided MAC the warthog with two MAC blasts. The blasts destroyed the warthog but destroyed my reactors. I was also so close to researching Hawks :(

Any funny experience? 

• Like 1

Well, Does making an army of elephants on team deathmatch with no other unit and winning count? I found it quite funny, He was a newb though.

Of course it is. I experienced that too, however I soon found out that my teammate was doing the same thing. XD

This was actually a little frustrating, but I'll post it any way.

I was being attacked by a Brute Chieftain who was spawning in many Hunters and Locusts near my base. I was being rushed. My units were not big enough or strong enough to take them all on. I was still building and upgrading. I was beaconing on my base for support from my Team. I get one turretless damaged Warthog...*facepalm*. It was destroyed in seconds.

Funniest moment for me, was on this map with the light bridges, I had like 25 tanks and the rest ODST. So I decide we will go push the attack, well I was wrong. Coming across the light bridge, as it freshly just came to use, went out, and all but 2 tanks died. So I dropped everything, face aw struck, face-palmed so hard, and then got back to work. Lets just say that was the BIGGEST time waster ever.

I just had this match yesterday. It was a 3 v 3 and all my teammates were Covenant so I came up with the idea that one should build hunter and another should build vampires and another with Jackals. I was appointed to build hunters so I did. I did it rather quickly and I was able to beat an army of tanks. I discovered that he was about to counter with Flamethrowers so I told the guy assigned with Jackals to counter them. He sent his arbiter to my hunters to try and teleport the Jackals even if I told him it was a bad idea. After he was able to teleport them. The flamethrowers were quickly destroyed. The Anders player sent Hawks to back his teammate up and I knew she was done for. Then Vampire guy unlock s his base and out comes 50 engineers. WTF? I remember him asking me if the vampires were those floating things and I said yes. I can't believe he didn't notice the unit's name or the announcer saying Engineer ready. XD My hunters were trashed and our combined raging arbiters were disrupted and trashed. By then the other guy was attacking my base and I knew it was over.

• Like 1

Funny for me was having a 3v2 private match on Fort Deen. Our friends built 5 Scarabs all at once in an attempt to defeat me and my Best friend. (We are undefeated amongst our friend group in Halo wars.) In the end we destroyed all 5 scarabs and went onto win the match. Safe to say our beaten comrades were furious that that couldn't even kill us.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

It's called...'tactical thinking'.

That's actually called a spambot. See the hyperlinked period at the end?

As for the topic at hand, nothing really comes to mind. I guess the funniest thing I've ever done is take out a base using Jackals.

Edited by Maestro
  • Like 1

This thread is old but I had a recent funny moment if anyone wants to know. :D

I was being attacked while all my units are busy destroying another opponent's base. We were winning despite our opponents being all generals, and I was with a general and a recruit. The recruit guy told us not to worry and keep attacking because he will rescue my base with his strike force. I became happy until I realized his strike force was an army of cyclops and he was gonna go against an army of grizzlies :/ We still won despite his short comings though 

• Like 1

That's actually called a spambot. See the hyperlinked period at the end?

As for the topic at hand, nothing really comes to mind. I guess the funniest thing I've ever done is take out a base using Jackals.

Nice catch, I was being sarcastic in-case you hadn't noticed. Although I didn't notice it being a spambot, nice catch again.

This thread is old but I had a recent funny moment if anyone wants to know. :D

I was being attacked while all my units are busy destroying another opponent's base. We were winning despite our opponents being all generals, and I was with a general and a recruit. The recruit guy told us not to worry and keep attacking because he will rescue my base with his strike force. I became happy until I realized his strike force was an army of cyclops and he was gonna go against an army of grizzlies :/ We still won despite his short comings though 

Now that, is 'tactical thinking'.

A while ago, because I have so much skill, I built two amazingly-blue scarabs to try and defeat the enemy. It was the same tactic I had used to win every other game I won (which were none at the time) but thanks to the power and blessing of RNGesus, the light bridge both of my Scarabs were on gave way, not only ruining my game, but also my friends' who also built a scarab. All three scarabs immediately died and I switched my 360 off instantaneously, more angry than an Irishman without his pot'o'gold.

A while ago, because I have so much skill, I built two amazingly-blue scarabs to try and defeat the enemy. It was the same tactic I had used to win every other game I won (which were none at the time) but thanks to the power and blessing of RNGesus, the light bridge both of my Scarabs were on gave way, not only ruining my game, but also my friends' who also built a scarab. All three scarabs immediately died and I switched my 360 off instantaneously, more angry than an Irishman without his pot'o'gold.

Sounds painful, real painful.

• 1 month later...

how about a 2v2 on the map with the light bridges.     im playing anders and i forget who my teammate was. but it didnt matter because he got double arbiter/suicide grunt rushed at like 2 min and well...........he didnt last long.         last long enough though for me to get a base on one of the bridges though.  then for the next 3 hours i held both of the arbiters off turtleing it out.     then getting cose to the 4 hour mark and im just sitting here waiting for them to rage quit at not being able to kill me  i suddenly get kicked out of the game. no i didnt lagg.       and it gave me an official win for my stats.    i then got a message telling me that xbox live kicked me off due to there being a system update...........then i realzed.      me and the other two arbiters on the other team all got a victory.       exept my teammate who was killed off at the start.         i dont even remember how meny freaking scarabs/banshees and other things i killed that tryed to get past my blockade of tanks cobras and wolvs.

• 2 months later...