Full list of known Halo lore sources

BaconShelf

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was just wondering specifically why you believe the Kilo 5 trilogy books are Unreliable? I have read through them all about 3 times now and have not really noticed anything that would make them break with halo cannon (in fact many of the plot points in halo 4 spartan ops tie directly to this trilogy)

I am wondering because I am writing a small fan fiction that i am trying to keep as cannon as possible.

As something else technically the halo games are Teir 1 cannon so in reality Halo: The Fall Of Reach is now non-cannon (just a thought)

• 1 month later...

I was just wondering specifically why you believe the Kilo 5 trilogy books are Unreliable? I have read through them all about 3 times now and have not really noticed anything that would make them break with halo cannon (in fact many of the plot points in halo 4 spartan ops tie directly to this trilogy)

I am wondering because I am writing a small fan fiction that i am trying to keep as cannon as possible.

As something else technically the halo games are Teir 1 cannon so in reality Halo: The Fall Of Reach is now non-cannon (just a thought)

K-5 makes many simple mistakes that shouldn't be happening if the author did the slightest research. IE- calling a plasma torpedo a physical object.

Also, the games have been admitted to be toned down. According to the lore, one plasma bolt should melt your face, and banshees fly faster than modern day fightercraft. Bullets are near useless against covenant soldiers and marines are physically inferior to all but grunts and (Maybe) jackals. Also, UNSC ships can not hover, they do not have anti-gravity or external thrusters.

• Like 1

K-5 makes many simple mistakes that shouldn't be happening if the author did the slightest research. IE- calling a plasma torpedo a physical object.

Also, the games have been admitted to be toned down. According to the lore, one plasma bolt should melt your face, and banshees fly faster than modern day fightercraft. Bullets are near useless against covenant soldiers and marines are physically inferior to all but grunts and (Maybe) jackals. Also, UNSC ships can not hover, they do not have anti-gravity or external thrusters.

ok  but you haven't stated anything that would make the books themselves unreliable. 

as for the other stuff Technically a plasma torpedo while not a physical case that upon impact explodes is instead super-heated plasma Which is a physical object so that wording is still perfectly valid.

a plasma bolt (depending on the weapon it is fired from has different temperatures and sizes) can give 3rd degree burns and for highpower bolts can burn through a body.

Banshees don't necessarily fly faster than modern air craft (some types can) but it is not a rule, you have to understand that i have never seen a reference in any official halo lore that specifies the top speed of a banshee.

When you are talking about energy shielded opponents yes bullets are of little use, and true - marines are physically infirior to elites and brutes and some jackals (tev'a'oen - if i have that spelled correctly) but as with grunts they are more deadly when in greater numbers.

I don't know where you are jetting your information on this ether but mos UNSC ships can hover (unless you are referring to the lager classes such as destroyers and larger) because the do have external thrusters, or at the very least frigates do.

so if you are referring to minuscule detail that can be debated till the end of time, none of these things cause any of the kilo 5 trilogy to become unreliable resources.

I am sorry if i am being argumentative i just have a tendency to dig into things a little too much.

Banshees don't necessarily fly faster than modern air craft (some types can) but it is not a rule, you have to understand that i have never seen a reference in any official halo lore that specifies the top speed of a banshee.

Halo Encyclopedia says it I am fairly sure. Also the books normally bring it up too. If not Halopedia has it too along with the source.

Halo Encyclopedia says it I am fairly sure. Also the books normally bring it up too. If not Halopedia has it too along with the source.

ahh but you are missing my point I am not disputing that they can fly as fast or faster than modern planes. I was stating that i have never seen Specific and Exact points were top speed is mentioned. I have seen banshees referenced as: supersonic, as producing a sonic boom. but i have not seen an actual speed in either KPH or MPH.

• Like 1

ahh but you are missing my point I am not disputing that they can fly as fast or faster than modern planes. I was stating that i have never seen Specific and Exact points were top speed is mentioned. I have seen banshees referenced as: supersonic, as producing a sonic boom. but i have not seen an actual speed in either KPH or MPH.

Actually on the contrary 

Supersonic is approx 768 MPH. Therefore we know a Banshee can fly greater than or equal to 768 MPH

:D

Actually on the contrary 

Supersonic is approx 768 MPH. Therefore we know a Banshee can fly greater than or equal to 768 MPH

:D

still missing the point.

just because a Banshee can fly at supersonic speeds (768 MPH) doesn't qualify as a technical top speed this also doesn't make it faster than modern aircraft as many of the U.S. planes can also reach supersonic speeds. 

I am again going to state this "I have not seen an (Exact) top speed referenced in the literature" If you can find an exact Official reference I will be glad to accept it.

ok but you haven't stated anything that would make the books themselves unreliable.

as for the other stuff Technically a plasma torpedo while not a physical case that upon impact explodes is instead super-heated plasma Which is a physical object so that wording is still perfectly valid.

a plasma bolt (depending on the weapon it is fired from has different temperatures and sizes) can give 3rd degree burns and for highpower bolts can burn through a body.

When you are talking about energy shielded opponents yes bullets are of little use, and true - marines are physically infirior to elites and brutes and some jackals (tev'a'oen - if i have that spelled correctly) but as with grunts they are more deadly when in greater numbers.

I don't know where you are jetting your information on this ether but mos UNSC ships can hover (unless you are referring to the lager classes such as destroyers and larger) because the do have external thrusters, or at the very least frigates do.

so if you are referring to minuscule detail that can be debated till the end of time, none of these things cause any of the kilo 5 trilogy to become unreliable resources.

I am sorry if i am being argumentative i just have a tendency to dig into things a little too much.

-It specifies them as a case. A plasma torpedoes isn't anything physical until it is fired. In MD, they blow them up before firing.

-Source. Plasma pistols have given marines extreme damage, and one needier round was often a death sentence (Not technically plasma, but meh) and so forth. In addition, plasma rounds can melt the titanium of the MJOLNIR armour.

-Where is it stated they can hover? It is repeatedly stated that they do not have antigravity (Gravity on ships is generated through rotating rings, rather than the covenant) and no UNSC ships (Exception; vindication, strident, infinity and autumn class have covenant and forerunner tech in them and are postwar adoptions) have vertical thrusters from what is seen.

Also, the fact that the Sangheili are portrayed as helpless and humans a ******* superpower, despite the fact that most of their fleet was obliterated at Earth and Reach, with the Sangheili commandeering most of the fleets and battle. The fact that they are shown as almost a tier 6 species is ******* stupid and promotes the idioticness that humans are now the most powerful force despite the fact that pretty much every species could roflstomp them in combat. Hell, Vata Gajat nearly destroyed the infinity with a small station and a corvette- a fleet with several RCS class cruisers and CAS class would completely destroy the human fleets.

Also, Halo Landfall. While not stating the speed, it clearly shows banshees using their maximum speed. While nothing is saying they can't slow down, you seem to be making a point they can't go at a higher speed. Once again, it is stated that games =/= lore, as a fuel rod would be creating a huge crater, and a wraith would destroy half a ******* map.

Pinned but I would like to see some pics maybe a bit of sprucing up instead of the long list? :5

But that would make the page take ages to load. I might put them in spoilers.

Edited by BaconShelf

• 6 months later...

Updated for 04/04/15.

Added newly announced and released content

-Halo: Broken Circle

-Halo: New Blood

-Halo: Hunters in the Dark

-Halo: Saint's Testimony

-Halo: Last Light

-Halo: Shadow of Intent

-Halo 2: Anniversary/ Master Chief Collection

-Halo Online

-Art of Halo 5 Guardians

-Halo: Spartan Strike

Removed reliable/ unreliable

Added terminal section for Halo CEA, 2A, 3, 4 and the collectibles found in Halo 3: ODST, Wars and Reach

Added a useful links section with links to other sources that would be unfeasible to cover here.

• Like 6

I also added in Halo Wars Risk for the funnies, and because the fleet game that Spartan is doing means there will *technically* be a category for tabletop games.

Cool, huh?

Pinned but I would like to see some pics maybe a bit of sprucing up instead of the long list? :5

Still want this?

• 3 weeks later...

Update 21/04/15:

Spartan Strike released, added to games. Updated both Spartan games to reflect their simulation status.

Gave Spartan Games' game it's proper name

Fixed some minor stuff that was bugging me

Edited by BaconShelf

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Update 12/10/2015

-May as well just say LL is released. It comes out in 3 days. Besides, Halo Canon got a special copy from 343, lucky *******. My copy doesn't arrive til the 22nd.

-Added halo 5 terminals

-release date for art of halo 5

- added the Section 3 ARG

That is all

Edited by BaconShelf
  • Like 1

What's the Section 3 ARG? Does that refer to  in-universe ONI or the group that won Hunt the Signal?

I think it's a group that solves puzzles, riddles and ARG's (alternate reality games).

Like that one time when you could get together as a team and find the weaknesses of MJOLNIR armor as an AI for Locke. That was an ARG.

What's the Section 3 ARG? Does that refer to in-universe ONI or the group that won Hunt the Signal?

It's an ARG that took place on the waypoint forums a while back, concerning two ONI Agents, CODENAME: FIXER and CODENAME: COALMINER (Or something like that) that told the story of AI and some other stuff - I don't know the specifics.

It was what unlocked many of the armour sets an codes that you unlock o the waypoint 360 app for Halo 4, Raider being an example.

Talk to CIA391 on Archive about it, he was part of it.

• Like 1