Who do you think the new character is?

Sniper0092

I noticed he had what looked like a ONI symbol on the chest. SECTION 3  worked with S-IIIs, so ONI having their own Spartan brand is not a surprise to me. ONI is mysterious, perhaps they secretly hate the UNSC. Think he's here to assassinate remaining UNSC spartans?

Evidence indicates to Marlowe, a Spartan-IV in training in this years Halo Digital Feature. It is likely to be used to introduce the character for the game, much like Lasky in Forward Unto Dawn.

• Like 2

Evidence indicates to Marlowe, a Spartan-IV in training in this years Halo Digital Feature. It is likely to be used to introduce the character for the game, much like Lasky in Forward Unto Dawn.

I never heard of him. Also, imagine ONI wanting war with the UNSC.

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently, Frankie confirmed it's Marlowe though I think that's just random internet stuff.

If Marlowe's surname is Locke, then yay. Because the new character is called Agent Locke by the Arbiter. ://

It defintitely it Marlowe because Marlowe is mad at the upper tier officials of the UNSC just like Chief was. And obviously Marlowe (or Agent Locke in the trailer) is looking for Chief with the help of Arbiter. Chief is already amped up at the UNSC and just wait until he finds out they are trying to kill Halsey (the only person Chief feels can save Cortana)

So now that Locke also doesn't like the UNSC he is looking for Chief with Arbiter to get on his side to help in his quest against the world. 

I'm excited to see this play out. I think we'll find out more from some leaks in the future since they always happen. In the case that no leaks do happen, we will definitely find out more when the digital series comes out with the Master Chief Collection. I think Locke will be introduced in that series much like the Forward Unto Dawn series introduced Chief at the end (even though we already knew who chief was) it was set in the past, as Lasky was just a kid therefore I took it as being set before the Halo events. So I think this digital series will introduce Agent Locke into the story line so we get a feel of who he is and what his mission is. 

I noticed he had what looked like a ONI symbol on the chest. SECTION 3  worked with S-IIIs, so ONI having their own Spartan brand is not a surprise to me. ONI is mysterious, perhaps they secretly hate the UNSC. Think he's here to assassinate remaining UNSC spartans?

:o Am I being targeted here?

The Blue Agent is either called "Agent Clarke", or "Agent Locke". If that was the Arbiter talking to him, then it's clear that the agent is sent to go out and get the Chief back for them. The speaker was saying something about Chief being their future. Clearly they need him.

Proof please. I really don't think Locke would be "Mad" at the UNSC.

play it from 2:20

"troubled by aspects of the military"

SO in my eyes, yes he is part of the UNSC....but he's doing the same thing as Chief. Going on his own to fulfill the mission. Arbiter is helping him because he wants to find Chief as much as the UNSC does....again this is just my opinion

:o Am I being targeted here?

The Blue Agent is either called "Agent Clarke", or "Agent Locke". If that was the Arbiter talking to him, then it's clear that the agent is sent to go out and get the Chief back for them. The speaker was saying something about Chief being their future. Clearly they need him.

Agent Locke. 

Confirmed by Frankie. All the sound effects in the trailer didn't convey the gravitas of the name enough, plus it was Arbiter speaking.

"troubled by aspects of the military"

SO in my eyes, yes he is part of the UNSC....but he's doing the same thing as Chief. Going on his own to fulfill the mission. Arbiter is helping him because he wants to find Chief as much as the UNSC does....again this is just my opinion

Just because you're troubled, doesn't mean you are "mad". Forward Unto Dawn's Lasky was certainly troubled with the UNSC. Cortana was troubled with the UNSC. Halsey was troubled with the UNSC. A bunch of people have been 'troubled' by aspects of the military, which is certainly something to be expected considering your job is now to kill millions in the protection of your people.

Agent Locke. 

Confirmed by Frankie. All the sound effects in the trailer didn't convey the gravitas of the name enough, plus it was Arbiter speaking.

Just because you're troubled, doesn't mean you are "mad". Forward Unto Dawn's Lasky was certainly troubled with the UNSC. Cortana was troubled with the UNSC. Halsey was troubled with the UNSC. A bunch of people have been 'troubled' by aspects of the military, which is certainly something to be expected considering your job is now to kill millions in the protection of your people.

All of those people you just talked about went against the UNSC....Lasky disobeyed an order...Cortana obviously doesn't like the UNSC anymore and Halsey is trying to be killed by them....

Just because you did something that went against some rules and stuff doesn't mean you are now against them. Lasky disobeyed an order and basically got a promotion from it. Cortana never 'liked' or 'hated' the UNSC; she was simply a part of it, and if there was something she disliked (Ackerson, for example) there would always be something she also liked (John, until she died.). Halsey is a civilian; and even then we know that her wish for 'revenge' isn't a 10/10 considering she did throw half the Janus Key to Thorne.

Agent Locke might be searching for the UNSC, but he is still an ONI operative and I really doubt that such a character would be introduced and immediately 'go rogue' while searching for the Chief.

All of those people you just talked about went against the UNSC....Lasky disobeyed an order...Cortana obviously doesn't like the UNSC anymore and Halsey is trying to be killed by them....

How is disobeying an order going against the UNSC? Disobeying orders is sometimes best, anyway, both in real life and in fiction. 

I just noticed in the halo 4 prologue when Halsey and the.. Other guy... Where talking, Halsey made the assumption that he wanted to replace the master chief and he said the master chief is dead.

So that means they replaced master chief and they didn't know he was alive so when master chief went searching for cortana the other Spartan is hunting him.

I just noticed in the halo 4 prologue when Halsey and the.. Other guy... Where talking, Halsey made the assumption that he wanted to replace the master chief and he said the master chief is dead.

So that means they replaced master chief and they didn't know he was alive so when master chief went searching for cortana the other Spartan is hunting him.

It could be true that Locke is hunting Chief....what I don't get out of that theory is, why Arbiter is helping Locke then. Why would Arbiter want Chief dead? 

Looking for Chief to bring him in makes more sense than hunting him.

First of all ONI (Office of Naval Intelligence) would not be going to war with the UNSC they are just different levels of the government. Second, The Arbiter was MIA for Halo 4 so who knows what he's been doing.  As for the new Character if he is an assassin he'd better pack a lunch if he thinks he can take out the the Chief, because many have tried and all have met their demise.