Minecraft for Xbox One Release Date Revealed

Mojang, the developers of Minecraft, have officially announced the release date and other details for it's next generation version of Minecraft.

Minecraft was one of the most popular titles on the Xbox 360 when it was released, and the PS3 version sold very well alongside it, and now another edition of Minecraft has been announced. According to Xbox.com, Minecraft: Xbox One Edition will be releasing this August on Xbox Live, with the later disc version not announced as of yet. As well, you can transfer date from your Xbox 360 version to the superior copy, with skins and maps making the jump, but some skins will require some patience to be added back, as a few were left out. Upgrading will cost $4.99 USD, and can be done via disc or digital account. 

post-26953-0-93077500-1400896937_thumb.jpg

Are you excited for the future of Minecraft on Current Gen, and will you upgrade when it releases? Let me know below, if you liked what you've seen here and want to see more, be sure to stay tuned!

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 4

We had a discussion about this is the shoutbox yesterday.

Honestly I think it is bs that you need to pay even more to get it on the next-gen consoles. Besides that it's bs that you need to pay for everything you get on the PC for free, like skin packs.

If some of you want to buy Minecraft I suggest you do it for the PC. Cheaper, free skins, free mods, unlimited worlds and more up to date.

I got a better idea, how about we all NOT play some ****ty block game?  No?  oh well I tried...

You are going to be annihilated with angry people after that comment lol, be prepared.

I'd prefer if the game had a different theme but overall the game is solid and has nice mechanics, it isn't meant to be a visual flair, and it's rather meant to showcase YOUR creativity. If you don't find enjoyment in the game's mechanics that's fine, but we can't judge purely on how it looks.

This is what's wrong with the gaming community, it's double standard BS. If a game like Zelda has a good story and poor graphics then not a soul will complain, and when one does it will be screamed at for believing differently. However, if Halo has a good story and poor graphics, everyone is up in arms and people get annoyed. PICK ONE, DO YOU NOT CARE ABOUT GRAPHICS OR DO YOU?!

• Like 1

I hate all things Minecraft. The graphics suck, the building feature is typical cookie cutter, and the whole concept is ages old. Graphics mean nothing without a solid story and gameplay. Ive seen plenty of stupid creations and swing a wood or pix axe videos to know how lame I find it. If you like it, thats fine, but I find nothing good nor redeeming about it coming to Xbox One.

• Like 1

I hate all things Minecraft. The graphics suck, the building feature is typical cookie cutter, and the whole concept is ages old. Graphics mean nothing without a solid story and gameplay. Ive seen plenty of stupid creations and swing a wood or pix axe videos to know how lame I find it. If you like it, thats fine, but I find nothing good nor redeeming about it coming to Xbox One.

My name is MineCrXftPr072 and I take offense 

• Like 1