Is it worth it?

WizardBear

Not really sure where this belongs, so I put it here. Here's my problem.

I want to get an Xbox One (Mostly for Halo), but I'm contemplating if buying a console now is worth it and getting (If released) the Halo 5: Guardians Limited Edition OR Waiting for a possible Legendary edition/Console Edition.

Is it worth waiting? Is there any news about these editions being released?

I would say wait. I am going to wait for the possibility of a limited edition console too or wait until what Halo game is coming out this year.

That's what I'm thinking.

But there's a conundrum. If the Collection comes with beta codes, and I get an Xbox for that, then I'll miss out on getting a Halo 5 Themed Limited Edition (with all the goodies).

Weighing the choices... Halo 2 Anniversary/Collection/Beta Codes vs. Kickass Halo 5 LE Xbox... If they do an LE for 5 then I'll most likely get that. Beta is great and all, but I'd rather the LE (If it exists, which is bound to happen).

For your question WizardBear I would say wait until E3. Maybe they'll announce a Halo 5 Xbox there or something.

• Like 1

That's what I'm thinking.

But there's a conundrum. If the Collection comes with beta codes, and I get an Xbox for that, then I'll miss out on getting a Halo 5 Themed Limited Edition (with all the goodies).

Weighing the choices... Halo 2 Anniversary/Collection/Beta Codes vs. Kickass Halo 5 LE Xbox... If they do an LE for 5 then I'll most likely get that. Beta is great and all, but I'd rather the LE (If it exists, which is bound to happen).

For your question WizardBear I would say wait until E3. Maybe they'll announce a Halo 5 Xbox there or something.

Or you can buy an X1 if they announce a new Halo game for it and when they announce a Halo 5 LE you can save money and turn in your current X1. Sure you loose money in the long run but you dont loose much!

Thanks to both of you, great answers. I totally forgot about Halo 2 Anniversary and possible beta codes! Hmm... I guess I'll wait for E3 like you suggested (Plus possible Fallout 4 news, two great games). At this rate, I'll probably go for the limited edition console. One of my friends will probably get halo 2 anniversary, so if beta is included, I'll just play there :D 

Thanks again

• Like 1

Why wait? You have Titanfall and many more exclusives for the Xbox One coming that look incredible! Also, 343 stated with the GUardians announcement that the Halo experience would continue this year... so a possible Halo game (H2A/Other) could be coming and could likely be available on the Xbox One. If it is a TV show, then who knows... it could be exclusive to Xbox One. Who knows. When Guardians comes out, there will likely be a legendary huge bundle you could purchase to make up for the lack of Halo styled Console. :)

Depends. Would you only buy the Xbox One for Halo 5? Because you should wait.

But if there is another game that has already been released or will release in the near future I would buy it. At least I did for BF4 and Titanfall.

I'm holding off on getting an Xbox One at least until this Fall. I remember a rumor that came out back January or February saying that a White Xbox One will be launching. (This was pat of the same rumor that claimed Halo 2: Anniversary would release this Fall)

I would personally love to get my hands on a white Xbox One, they look amazing! 

I also think about the possibility of a Star Wars: Battlefront Xbox One releasing, I'm not sure how likely that is, but it would definitely be worth the wait for me.

#1. It takes more time to tell the Xbox to pause, play or switch to things than it does to push one or two single buttons.

#2 Kinect games is neither a busy development asset nor the future of gaming. See Wii for how well motion control has been doing, or the PS3 motion control. Yes Kinect is different, but the concept is the same.

#3 *snip*

#4 If the Kinect is always on and can respond to your voice when the console is technically powered off, how do we know the console connection or the camera isnt accessable in the same way? Big Brother type question for you there.

*snip*

Edited by Azaxx
Lay off the unnecessary insults.