My Theory

=^_^=

This is my theory about Halo 5: Guardians. It is based on the cover of Halo 5: Guardians. It is using a cover I call the reflection which shows a few things. First it shows the main characters which will be the Master Chief and the other spartan I will call Blue because of his visor. Next we know the focus, it will be centered around Spartan Blue. Also Spartan Blue is above the Master Chief meaning Blue will be the hero. Now I will focus on the title which is Halo 5: Guardians not Halo 5: Guardian. The "s" changes everything because now the galaxy has two guardians the Master Chief(RED) and our new spartan(BLUE). Red vs. Blue, I wonder who will save the galaxy.

Side notes: the Master Chief has a red orange shine. Blue might be hunting down the Master Chief.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

This is brilliant. Thanks for adding some humour to my day.

=" data-cid="317820" data-time="1400451596">

This is my theory about Halo 5: Guardians. It is based on the cover of Halo 5: Guardians.

It is not cover art. Just a placeholder.

It is using a cover I call the reflection which shows a few things. First it shows the main characters which will be the Master Chief and the other spartan I will call Blue because of his visor.

Agent Locke.

Next we know the focus, it will be centered around Spartan Blue. Also Spartan Blue is above the Master Chief meaning Blue will be the hero.

Wrong. The Reclaimer Saga is confirmed to have an explicit focus on S-117's story. Locke will likely be hunting John, so being a 'hero' is unlikely. Also, a current theory is that Locke was the interrogator in Halo 4's prologue. If so, this would give light to Halsey's statement;

You're trying to replace him, aren't you?

While originally thought to be ONI replacing the II's with Spartan IV's, the possibility is that Locke is literally replacing John (Remember that the widespread UNSC doesn't know he is alive). However, it can be seen that his attempt to hunt/ replace John can never succeed due to something said by the Arbiter;

You have to forget the stories, and walk in his footsteps. I tell you this, Agent Locke, not because I trust you- but because of all our lives are at stake. And the future may be buried in the seeds of his past.

Or something like that.

However, Thel is referring to that Locke did not undergo the training that John did, not his augmentations (Remember that SIV's were adult volunteers) nor face the Covenant for 28 years. He needs John's mindset- he needs to know where John will be going.

Now I will focus on the title which is Halo 5: Guardians not Halo 5: Guardian. The "s" changes everything because now the galaxy has two guardians the Master Chief(RED) and our new spartan(BLUE). Red vs. Blue, I wonder who will save the galaxy.[/size][/font]

The phrase guardians as an underlying theme has been apparent from many sources including Halo Legends BTS videos and Halo 4 viDocs. It is now likely looking at the numerous threats to the UNSC;

-The emergence of the flood on the Spirit of Fire

-Jul's Covenant; they have half the Janus key

-Admiral Drakes NCA

-The return of the Forerunners

-Mendicant Bias and the Absolute Record

-Ongoing war between Elite and Brute forces

Overall, the stakes and tensions are getting higher each day. When humans grow arrogant and too sure of themselves, the Flood promised to return and test them for inheritance of the Mantle. With recent events of the Spirit, and H3 terminals, we know that Chief is likely seeking Mendicant who has promised to help Humans against the flood to atone for his sins and that Forerunners survive based off Spark hijacking the UNSC Rubicon in 2559 to find the Librarian and Didact talking to some sort of council post-Halo 4.

Side notes: the Master Chief has a red orange shine.

Brilliant. Just brilliant. I just spilled my water from laughing.

Blue might be hunting down the Master Chief.

We have known this for some time.

Edited by BaconShelf
  • Like 1

The Arbiter said 'You have to do more than walk in his footsteps'.

I don't think that the interrogater is Locke. Yes, he's an ONI Mook, but he's just a mook, shooting aliens on the whims of his higher-ups who are probably the people who'd be working on finding a replacement to John. 

I don't think that the interrogater is Locke. Yes, he's an ONI Mook, but he's just a mook, shooting aliens on the whims of his higher-ups who are probably the people who'd be working on finding a replacement to John.

And of course... Marlowe Locke is black... and the interrogator wasn't.

Mike Colter as Agent Locke in Halo: Nightfall

post-37739-0-09151500-1402768296.jpg

Just pointing this out, but Halsey's interrogator was white, and Locke is black.

Also, the fact that he is working with the Arbiter, who wants the Master Chief alive (listen to the dialogue in the Master Chief Collection trailer) basically proves that he is not associated with Kilo-Five (who want to exterminate the Sangheili) and probably not hunting the Master Chief (although he could be, without the Arbiter's knowledge). 

• 1 month later...

Ok i'll add my 2 bits of dribbled current for the time stamp knowledge. Locke is hunting the Chief because the librarian made him immune to the didacts digitizer and quite possibly the new element that they found. Unless this has been addressed somewhere in the comics?

Edit

Well it has been partly addressed in escalation 8