Gravity Hammer or Energy Sword?

FloodMaster

I always thought the Gravity Hammer was better but now that I think about it, I like the Energy Sword a lot more. You sprint faster with it, hit faster, and it has it's own assassination! But the Gravity Hammer can actually block the Energy Swords attacks. So, as a conclusion, Sword is faster and better looking, but does less damage to vehicles and groups of people. Also I'm just better with the sword.

Tell me what you think in the comments!

• Like 2

I'm going to say the Gravity hammer. The gravity hammer allows you to get two for one's and on very rare (and lucky) occasions a three for one!

The weapons are both very good in their own right, but if I'm swarmed by a large number of enemies, I'm going for the hammer.

• Like 1

The Grav Hammer is a very powerful tool at close quarters, good for multi kills, trick-jumps, and even vehicular disorientation. Although it can clock almost any close range weapon if used correctly, it is very taxing if you miss the initial shot, leaving you open.

The sword is much more optimal. Lunge is fantastic, and surprising, since it can't be predicted easily or blocked. It is easily hidden, unlike the Hammer which is as stealthy as a brute chieftain, and can go toe to toe with it if you know how to take it on.

Honestly, as soon as I saw the H4 weapon trailer for the Covenant and got to the Grav Hammer, I was not happy. After the nerf between 3/Reach, I looked at the design of the hammer for 4 and noticed that it looked SHORTER. WHAT IS THIS BASEBALL? Although considering the deflections it can do....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Destroy vehicle the sword can get the driver the gunner and bam team got the driver and turrent you get the passenger and you got jousting to do with the sword. Its kinda obvious I go for the sword im pretty good in fact im the best out of all my friends on the xbox and most people I play with online check me out I bet I can beat you in a sword fight.

I've always found the Sword to be a better weapon no matter what situation purely because of it's consistency. You either get a kill, or you don't, and once you've mastered it's range, gotten accustomed to it's lunge time, etc. it can become a beast. The Hammer, however, is highly inconsistent. You could seemingly hammer someone and get a kill that sends their limp body flying across the map, but you can repeat it at what appears to be the same range and simply graze the opposing player's shields yet also sending them farther, out of range for you to hit without switching weapons, giving them enough time to kill you first.

As for clearing out swarms, a Sword has always been more useful to me due to it's speed and range. It's lunge, the basic 1-hit kill melee, combined together allows a good swordsman to cut his way through any encounter he gets himself into. The gravity hammer lacks the range and consistency to clear out anything other than people who have run up to you to literally pummel you (which is rare when they've got strenght in numbers, AND when they see you holding a CQC Power weapon), it also takes a bit longer than the sword to get a second strike in, and it doesn't have a 1-hit kill melee that also has speed on it's side.

Unless I'm trying to play baseball with rockets and grenades, the sword is always the better weapon in my opinion, especially when the user has completely mastered the ins and outs of that piercing blue blade.

• Like 1

Sword all the way. I don't know how many times someone has swung a gravity hammer at me and i jump and the land on their head (or in lunging vicinity) and slice em down only to be shortly killed by a team (low health short range weapon). The sword is more agile and effective when running up on someone from a distance i believe.

This doesn't take any thought at all for me... The energy sword!

I think it's way more effective, plus you can start a lunge and get

a kill farther away from an enemy, where with the gravity hammer

to have to be kind of close. Plus the sword assassination looks

pretty epic dude.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've always found the Sword to be a better weapon no matter what situation purely because of it's consistency. You either get a kill, or you don't, and once you've mastered it's range, gotten accustomed to it's lunge time, etc. it can become a beast. The Hammer, however, is highly inconsistent. You could seemingly hammer someone and get a kill that sends their limp body flying across the map, but you can repeat it at what appears to be the same range and simply graze the opposing player's shields yet also sending them farther, out of range for you to hit without switching weapons, giving them enough time to kill you first.

As for clearing out swarms, a Sword has always been more useful to me due to it's speed and range. It's lunge, the basic 1-hit kill melee, combined together allows a good swordsman to cut his way through any encounter he gets himself into. The gravity hammer lacks the range and consistency to clear out anything other than people who have run up to you to literally pummel you (which is rare when they've got strenght in numbers, AND when they see you holding a CQC Power weapon), it also takes a bit longer than the sword to get a second strike in, and it doesn't have a 1-hit kill melee that also has speed on it's side.

Unless I'm trying to play baseball with rockets and grenades, the sword is always the better weapon in my opinion, especially when the user has completely mastered the ins and outs of that piercing blue blade.

Agreed...this explains everything.

:D

• 2 weeks later...

I find that the hammer beats the sword when the two are pitted against each other. In any other situation, though, I prefer the sword because of lunge/accuracy, and the way it looks.

The best thing was using at as an Elite in Halo Reach, the equiping animation looked so incredibly cool.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...