Halo 5: Guardians (Post any theories here)

TDM

I had a theory on how the Flood might return in Halo 5 in the past involving Installation 07, the UNSC Infinity, and the Janus Key, but it was debunked when a forum ARG on Waypoint named "Catalog" stated that Installation 07 had been discovered and presumably glassed by Sangheili in 2557/2558. However, even if untrue, I'm still going to share it.

The theory may be untrue now that we know that 07 is no longer a threat, but it's still fun to imagine.

I like your theory

• 4 weeks later...

In Halo Cryptum, Bornstellar and Chaukas are on the planet Earth. They arrive at Djmonkin Creator. There they come upon a Cryptum surrounded by man war sphinxes. It is possible in the Halo 5 trailer that master chief has found one. Here is the description o a war sphinx "The War Sphinxes were described as being ten meters high and twenty long, with an elongated tail that provided lift and power. From the "tail" rose a large rounded torso with a command cabin perched on top. The command cabin was designed to resemble a Forerunner face, with features arranged in an angry or stern expression and two viewports serving as "eyes". They also had limbs, with joints of hard light.[3] Much like Onyx Sentinels, two sphinxes could also merge to create a larger unit, which still retained a similar "face" at the forward surface.[4] War sphinxes were programmed to contain samples of their wearer's mental patterns and personalities before they are killed in battle. These preserved personalities were less realistic or complete than Durances, but could still be studied by a commander to gain useful information. The Didact kept the final impressions of his children, who were killed in battle, within their war sphinxes.[1]" That Description perfectly fits what the Chief saw. So I ask, is it possible he has found one?

In Halo Cryptum, Bornstellar and Chaukas are on the planet Earth. They arrive at Djmonkin Creator. There they come upon a Cryptum surrounded by man war sphinxes. It is possible in the Halo 5 trailer that master chief has found one. Here is the description o a war sphinx "The War Sphinxes were described as being ten meters high and twenty long, with an elongated tail that provided lift and power. From the "tail" rose a large rounded torso with a command cabin perched on top. The command cabin was designed to resemble a Forerunner face, with features arranged in an angry or stern expression and two viewports serving as "eyes". They also had limbs, with joints of hard light.[3] Much like Onyx Sentinels, two sphinxes could also merge to create a larger unit, which still retained a similar "face" at the forward surface.[4] War sphinxes were programmed to contain samples of their wearer's mental patterns and personalities before they are killed in battle. These preserved personalities were less realistic or complete than Durances, but could still be studied by a commander to gain useful information. The Didact kept the final impressions of his children, who were killed in battle, within their war sphinxes.[1]" That Description perfectly fits what the Chief saw. So I ask, is it possible he has found one?

I think the general consensus is that he came face to face with a War Sphinx, or that other one that's supposedly more advanced. But we don't know for sure. 343i might have created an entirely new Construct, and we wouldn't know until more info would be released.

Chief is not on Sanghelios. And it was not confirmed that chief saw a War Sphinx. And also why would be be looking for Mendicant Bias? He was never told about his existence and what would he even need him for?

In the MCC Trailer Locke meets with the Arbiter on a desert-like world, or landscape. Sanghelios has a yellow-red-ish hue to the atmosphere, like Halopedia says "Sanghelios' sky varies in hue from a 'BRIGHT YELLOW' to a blood red, due to large amounts of suspended particles in the upper atmosphere".

Prepare for an info drop:

I couldn't find a straight image of the landscape so I'll settle for the reflection in Locke's visor:

0.jpg

The Halo 5: Guardians "cover art" (I say that because I don't know if it's the final box art) has the Chief, and Locke walking on a desert-like world with a bright yellow atmosphere: the same place Locke is in the MCC Trailer.

Halo-5-Guardians-108998.jpg

And finally there's concept art of the exact same place as featured in the two mediums above:

Halo-5-guardians-concept-art.jpg

Now why would 343i go through all this trouble to flesh out this single landscape? Well here's the points:

1. Sanghelios has a yellow-redish hue to the atmosphere, and this world seems to match with that aspect.

2. The Arbiter I believe to currently reside on Sanghelios, and Locke went there to speak with him. This world we're seeing probably IS Sanghelios.

Finally there is no confirmation that Chief is actually on Sanghelios, but that above picture with Locke and Chief seems to indicate that he is with thought to the evidence shown above. But we'll have to wait and see if it's actually Sanghelios when more information comes out. Maybe the MCC will give some information, since it does have some cutscene or something that supposedly leads into H5G.

• 2 weeks later...

Not a theory but a REALLY RADICAL suggestion!!!!!

Does anyone remember the game HAVEN: CALL OF THE KING ON PS2??

This game blew my sports sock off. Not the story as such, but the gameplay. The ability to, commandeer, a spaceship or jet and speed through that planets atmosphere and into the dense and quite fascinating blackness of space and before you can say "Oh.This.Is.Beautiful" you're locked in a epic space battle with several fighters, now this is when the game has you immersed. Speeding, dodging, diving, while still adulating the planet you've just left.... *sigh* such memories.

Anyway, after that battle, you punch in your destination and (star wars mode) you zap into warp speed!

A minute later or less later, you arrive at a planet that makes the last one you just left look like a tennis ball, and you take the helm of your star fighter and accelerate through the planets atmosphere as your fighter slightly burns along the way and land... This is where I said "I wanna go again!"

Now Halo, and particularly, Xbox One, need to Fully Utilise these so called new generation consoles and fully expand Halos universe and make us die hard fans, never wanna let go!

I liked the permanent upgrade of sprint in Halo 4, the weapons and new enemies, to a degree, but I feel like it lost its expansive open world feel like Halo123, it felt like a "follow this route" sort of game.

Halo 5 Guardian, needs to become Xbox Ones Combat Evolve to Xbox. IT NEEDS to go its Own route again and 'Evolve' FPS all over again!

Making Halo 5 should allow, neigh, it is only Right, that 343 introduce space travel and battle, allowing us to dive into the Halo world is, in my opinion, the Best way to take It and XboxOne to another level and promote sales.. Imagine. ..

Speeding off from planet earth as Agent Locke, arriving in space, zooming around at your own leisure before you warp speed ahead and arrive at a Halo system, to which you can choose to attempt to destroy 3 out of the 8 covenant cruisers and several banshees or duck and dodge, bob and weave, in button sequence, around the armarda before you can make land, Anywhere, on the Halo ring!!!...

I can see it now...

Me.. calling my manager, at work.

"Yh, boss, I'm not going to make it tonight"..... "I injured my foot at the gym"

Or being Master Chief, alone, on a lonely baron wasteland planet, bearing a few Flood pods, to which your radar notes an army of unknown enemies approaching, to which you see More Flood than ever thought possible... Nows the good part!!

Shotgun in one hand, and any destructive weapon locked to your back and a handful of grenandes as your secondaries, you can charge through or around to escape this infested planet and speed off in your space fighter before you are overwhelmed by your excitement at so much Flood splattering but also, by your enemy...

It is also my belief that this story began and will end with the Flood/Precursors!!

Halo 5 would blow, not just our sports socks off, but our whole attire if they went down this route.. Expand Its Story. Expand Its Universe.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After seeing the Halo 2: Anniversary cutscenes I feel like when Locke does find Chief it won't end well, I doubt Locke will be the one to start it though he'll probably be happy to put down Chief! I'm just speculating here but I think Chief is mad over Cortana and how she's gone so he's looking for a way to get her back. This will probably lead to him looking for Halsey. Locke and his team will probably find Chief and "Politely" ask him to return home however being a stubborn ******* he'll refuse and then things will get messy. This could be me hoping though, I really want to see Chief kick some Spartan IV ass! Looking forward to Halo 5 though, I need it now!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MOJOgamer6941

I think they should add in a forerunner vehicle that can hop in air and while on ground I think it should be named Rapid and it has guns that can take two shots for the grunts four for elites eight for hunter forerunners I'm not to sure but they sould make it in the campaign where you can switch characters in different missions like halo 2 then close to the end John 117 and agent Locke meet and fight against the covernent or/and the forerunner to survive also keeps some of the really popular stuff like sprint and thruster hope you read my comment hope it helps a lot you guys are my heroes

• 2 months later...

The UNSC/ONI has already made a Forerunner-Human hybrid ship so far. And that took like 3 years to make. So the UNSC/ONI has had access to powerful Forerunner technology that can literally change the human race forever for some time now. After all the events that took place on requiem, I have a theory. War Games (multiplayer) is based on Halo lore. We got to use forerunner weapons, and had customized skins for them (dlc or game skins). That would mean that The UNSC/ONI have already confiscated tons and tons of Forerunner weaponry to reverse engineer, other wise we would have no access to them in War Games (multiplayer). Therefore either in Halo 5: Guardians, or Halo 6, we will have fully functional Forerunner-Human hybrid weaponry for all UNSC/ONI personnel.

If the boats thing is true, then I'm not sure how that would work, unless.... marine enemies? Marine life? Could we have Forerunner or Covenant boats too? I also hope Flood make a return. It has to....

The Prometheans probably wouldn't even need boats, I am sure they are water proof they should have some sort of marine capable Prometheans.

Think back to Transformers 2 Megatron couldn't really swim, but those water transformers swam down and got him. I imagine it would go somewhat like that.

• Like 1

If the boats thing is true, then I'm not sure how that would work, unless.... marine enemies? Marine life? Could we have Forerunner or Covenant boats too? I also hope Flood make a return. It has to....

I do not see Forerunner boats being possible but it would be cool to have a Covenant boat, maybe it could be called the Siren and it makes hum that sounds like the Halo theme?

I do not see Forerunner boats being possible but it would be cool to have a Covenant boat, maybe it could be called the Siren and it makes hum that sounds like the Halo theme?

I can't picture a boat that hums the Halo tune, or any vehicle that makes a noise besides a horn. The waterproof Prometheans sounds cool, and oversea fights on possibly huge, UNSC helicarriers sounds cool too. :D

I can't picture a boat that hums the Halo tune, or any vehicle that makes a noise besides a horn. The waterproof Prometheans sounds cool, and oversea fights on possibly huge, UNSC helicarriers sounds cool too. :D

It is kind of hard to picture it, add that with me getting it from a dream and that I am inept when describing ideas and it is hard.

UNSC Helicarriers would be awesome. It could have like 2 pelicans and a few Hornets on it and has missiles as its weapons. 

How do you think campaign will run? Do you think it will just be Master Chief + Agent Locke in co-op? I think it will start with you playing as Agent Locke and Thel 'Vadam first, then Master Chief and Locke, and maybe it will be like halo 2 mixed with 3 where you switch between Master Chief and Agent Locke/Thel Vadam and Rtas Vadam through the campaign.

I do not think Locke is against Chief. John was always (even from childhood). A person who could take pain and a LOT of it. So what would he be doing that ONI doesn't want him doing? They are already getting arrested for child abduction so what could they do against him? I see no definitive answer of Agent Locke's intention and I am a huge speculator.