Halo 5: Guardians (Post any theories here)

TDM

RedStarRocket91 Owns the official speculation thread!! Links at the bottom of the post.

Alright everyone, So Halo 5: Guardians has been announced to arrive in Fall of 2015. All we know so far is that there is a spartan in silver armor, that is not female. Which eliminates Palmer and Cortana from this equation. What I can say though, is that this spartan's helmet heavily resembles the Mark V variant from Halo: Reach - The main protagonists helmet, Noble Six. We notice that his armor has an ONI symbol on the chest plate, Meaning that he is either hunting for John, or he is out on a mission much like John.

What I have noticed so far, in a good view of the photo is this -

post-71054-0-16180200-1400342071_thumb.png

As you can see, where John is standing is practically a reflection of where the silver spartan is. Now, this can lead to many speculations. But with this here, I now get the feeling the silver spartan is hunting for John. A reflection of something can be seen as a flashback, or maybe just reflection of where they may be. But if they are both going to the same places - It is no doubt this spartan wants something to do with John.

This spartan may be hunting John for the reason that he has left the crew of the Infinity - Gone rogue. In the Halo 5 E3 2013 trailer, We can see his visor is cracked and he has a robe in place of his armor. His fore arm pieces are still present as well as his helmet. But his leg and foot pieces are gone, the chest plate is gone, and so on.

Frank O' Connor did say that John WAS indeed hiding himself from something - On purpose. When he found the "War Sphinx" which is the huge forerunner bird rising from the sand, He pulls out Cortana's chip and clutches it. Either this can mean that he is going to use the A.I most likely running the War Sphinx as a possible companion, Or he is looking for Mendicant Bias. Although that rumor is in the sand - As everyone speculates they are both in the planet Sangheilios. Which has been described as what we've seen in the trailer. Also, in the concept art we can see two moons up in the sky -

post-71054-0-05468100-1400342617.jpg

With all this new information on Halo 5, What do you all think is really coming together here? Leave any speculations/theories below.

Pictures - http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/16/halo-5-guardians-receives-first-piece-of-concept-art

http://www.cnet.com/news/halo-5-guardians-release-date-set-for-fall-of-2015/

THANKS TO REDSTARROCKET91 AND THE NEWS CREW FOR GETTING OUT ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.

Skummigummigubbe's Article - http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/34943-next-halo-anounced-as-halo-5-guardians/?do=findComment&comment=317414

Adam91's Article - http://www.343industries.org/news/_/343-industries-news/a-piece-of-halo-5-concept-art-r969

RedStarRocket91's Speculation Thread - http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/34949-halo-5-guardians-teaser-image-speculation-thread/

• Like 4

Nice thread! I think the Silver Spartan is hunting John. It just makes more sense to me when I think about it. About the part when John pulls out the chip, it seems that Chief is looking for Medicant Bias, instead of getting that War Sphinx's AI. The War Sphinx's don't work on AIs as they were piloted by Forerunners inside since they are described as "Mid-size Fighting suits"

• Like 1

The idea of someone hunting down MC sounds amazing. It gives the game a whole new level of suspense, and with the added addition of Mendicant Bias and/or a War Sphinx, this game will have the added level of epic depth that it needs, too. I'm begging 343 that the reflection isn't implying that John will get an armor upgrade. This game already looks much better than the trailers we received for Halo 4. Much hopes. Many excites. 

At first I thought the silver spartan was Sarah Palmer, but she isn't a male...  I hope. Nor do I want her to be the assassin. 

Edit: Also in adding to the theories. 343 saw that we wanted Elites back in the game, and they may actually deliver. If we are indeed on Sanghelios, then who's to say the Arbiter or some elites won't come in an help out. The brutes could get involved in several ways, but this might be wishful thinking. I think 343i hates brutes. XD 

Edit: I think the assassin may also be an allusion to how MC is past his prime/ his golden years. 

• Like 1

The idea of someone hunting down MC sounds amazing. It gives the game a whole new level of suspense, and with the added addition of Mendicant Bias and/or a War Sphinx, this game will have the added level of epic depth that it needs, too. I'm begging 343 that the reflection isn't implying that John will get an armor upgrade. This game already looks much better than the trailers we received for Halo 4. Much hopes. Many excites. 

At first I thought the silver spartan was Sarah Palmer, but she isn't a male...  I hope. Nor do I want her to be the assassin. 

Edit: Also in adding to the theories. 343 saw that we wanted Elites back in the game, and they may actually deliver. If we are indeed on Sanghelios, then who's to say the Arbiter or some elites won't come in an help out. The brutes could get involved in several ways, but this might be wishful thinking. I think 343i hates brutes. XD 

Edit: I think the assassin may also be an allusion to how MC is past his prime/ his golden years. 

I'm pretty sure Brutes will be in the game, and as allies. From what I've read of Halo: Escalation, Brutes and Elites signed a Peace Treaty, so who knows? Maybe we'll get occasional Brutes in the game as allies. XD

Wouldn't it be amazing to have a climactic battle against another Spartan? Even a cutscene would be awesome.

I strongly suspect that this is ONI's replacement for the Chief. It makes perfect sense. However, I still don't think John will go rogue for any reason other than for the good of humanity. He won't go rogue "just for the hell of it" like some people have been suggesting. SPartan-IIs are selfless by nature, remember.

• Like 3

First off, before I say anything I have a feeling this Halo game will be much, much more better than the original Halo 4. Why? Because this time 343i has more experience with what the fans are wanting, plus they will have learned from any mistakes they made in Halo 4.

Now onto the theories. I think that this new spartan will come down to one of two different possibilities. Either this second spartan will be like Masterchief's right hand man, assisting him throughout the game to defeat more forerunner enemies. Or he could be like many people have said, ONI's new spartan hunting down MC. From that first video I saw of halo 5 ages ago, I just felt like MC was no longer working for the UNSC. Perhaps if ONI hired this spartan to kill MC perhaps MC is trying to eliminate ONI? What do you think?

• Like 2

So back when Halo 4 still wasn't released 343 said that Halo 5 was going to be the darkest Halo to date or something like that, so I'm going to keep that in mind.

As for the story I think Jul is going to find his way back to Sanghelios. With the Arbiter's forces in a weakened state Jul will end up taking over Sanghelios. The Arbiter could somehow be involved with the UNSC afterwards and Chief somehow discovers that Halsey is there. Chief is kept in the dark about how the ONI wants Halsey dead now and that she is a traitor. So as he pleas to someone that he can go get her to bring back Cortana he will be denied however many times before deciding to just go ahead and find her himself. He ventures off to Sanghelios and it is now full of Covenant so he has those to fight.

This is where the other Spartan comes in. He is like the top Spartan IV or maybe specifically trained by ONI as a Spec-Ops kind of guy. He got to Sanghelios before Chief and is hunting down Halsey by himself. We as the player get levels as both the assassin spartan and Chief. John's levels are more typical to the Halo experience while the other guy gets more stealthy missions for variety. John will eventually find Halsey and emotions will occur. He explains how she needs to bring Cortana back. Halsey, even though she likes John, tries to use him by twisting the story of what happened between her and the UNSC. While he is out getting some forerunner who-ha for her we encounter the other spartan. The assassin guy then tries to tell John Halsey is insane and needs to be taken out. John doesn't believe him and either kills him or lets him go. Towards the end Halsey will do something nefarious or reveal her plans to hurt the UNSC and after some quiet thinking Master Chief will have to kill her.

I also think Halo 6 will be heavily focused on forerunner vs. humans conflict. So somewhere in Halo 5 there will be some Didact stuff and what not but it won't be the focus. Now that I'm thinking about it Halsey and the Covenant could be trying to bring him back from wherever he went. Then Chief gets the final piece to 'bring Cortana back' and when he gives it to Halsey she goes to some machine thing and turns on this unstoppable whatever. This is the moment Chief realizes she is bad and he kills her while she is astonished by bringing back the Didact as he shoots of some badass Didact dialogue. He calls the Chief foolish  and punches him in the face but right before he can kill him assassin spartan arrives and knocks the Didact back. The last level is the two of them escaping Sanghelios.

Edited by WonderWombat
  • Like 1

I would put my speculations but they've already been stated above. However, I would like to say that Sanghellios could be one of the most intriguing places we will ever see in a Halo game. I mean we've visited countless forerunner installations and we've been on human worlds throughout the games, but to visit the actual Homeworld of a (former) Covenant Species... We could see new interesting architecture and it would give a whole new setting and feeling added to the campaign...

but then of course... you know what long lost friend we are probably going to see return. ^_^

• Like 1

Are you talking about the teaser trailer? He is missing the back plate thing and us wearing wrappings over his foot armor. You never see his legs.

Yes. This is the Krusty Krab. Lol.

Since Halo 5 is called The Guardians, I think it will revolve around Mendicant Bias and Offensive Bias being used.  The Didact will bring back Offensive Bias to fight off the humans and maybe the arbiter's covenant.  Halo 5 is described as an open world type game where you travel to different planets.  This makes me think of how Mendicant was broken up and scattered through some forerunner ships.  Perhaps Master Chief travels around collecting the pieces to recompile Mendicant and help fight the Didact and Offensive Bias.  While Mendicant declared his renewed loyalty to the Forerunners, he may side with the Librarian.

• Like 2

Since Halo 5 is called The Guardians, I think it will revolve around Mendicant Bias and Offensive Bias being used.  The Didact will bring back Offensive Bias to fight off the humans and maybe the arbiter's covenant.  Halo 5 is described as an open world type game where you travel to different planets.  This makes me think of how Mendicant was broken up and scattered through some forerunner ships.  Perhaps Master Chief travels around collecting the pieces to recompile Mendicant and help fight the Didact and Offensive Bias.  While Mendicant declared his renewed loyalty to the Forerunners, he may side with the Librarian.

Isn't the open world thing just some rumor? While it would be awesome to have some open world stuff included I thinking immediately jumping from linear game to total open world could be troublesome.

A possibility that's been floating around in my head is that this ONI Spartan may not be alone. I think a hint that may be in the title, "Guardians." I think it's possible that this ONI Spartan is part of an elite squad of Spartans called the "Guardians." This squad would likely be focusing their efforts on stopping the antagonist in Halo 5. (Whomever it may be) This squad may have been travelling with the Chief, or sent to recruit the Chief, but for whatever reason, it seems Chief is out of reach. 

A possibility that's been floating around in my head is that this ONI Spartan may not be alone. I think a hint that may be in the title, "Guardians." I think it's possible that this ONI Spartan is part of an elite squad of Spartans called the "Guardians." This squad would likely be focusing their efforts on stopping the antagonist in Halo 5. (Whomever it may be) This squad may have been travelling with the Chief, or sent to recruit the Chief, but for whatever reason, it seems Chief is out of reach.

What if the antagonist is Chief!!!1!1!
  • Like 1

What if the spartan on the top is Master Chiefs brother!!!!!!!!!!!

That would be pretty cool, because then we'd have babies springing up out of nowhere.

Anyone else notice the reflex sight in the battle rifle? Correct me if im wrong, but it looks like our mystery spartan has a BR with a Reflx sight, as apposed to the normal 2x magnification scope.

Yep. Dunno why though; people in the 26th century don't aim down sights.

• Like 1

That would be pretty cool, because then we'd have babies springing up out of nowhere.

Yep. Dunno why though; people in the 26th century don't aim down sights.

The gun actually does have hidden iron sights you just can't see them in the game. Also when soldiers are outfitted properly they don't need to use them. The visors of Spartans and ODST's have the reticle displayed where the gun is aiming. Remember those green squares on marine's helmets, same deal. Marines who wear hats would use the iron sights.

Edited by WonderWombat

• 2 weeks later...

Okay completely going out on a limb here. If you follow the timeline of the Halo games, the last thing we ABSOLUTELY know about is Spartan Ops. At the end of season 1 of SO you get Dr. Halsey saying she wants revenge. Now it has been confirmed that there will not be a season 2 of SO until the Halo game of Xbox One, which we now found out, is called Halo 5: Guardians. Now what really interested me at first is that they would wait years to put out another season of the mini series. UNLESS, they realized that they could use the mini series ending of season 1 to their advantage for a bigger game....Guardians....The end of SO again has Halsey mad at the UNSC and wanting revenge. So...WHAT IF...the new character Spartan is created by Halsey to go after the UNSC. it's armor is definitely more high tech than Chief's older armor which makes sense considering it is new age Spartan armor. Now the cover art shows sort of a reflection of Chief  underneath this new awesome looking blue glow eyed Spartan. It's a "reflection" because Halsey built Chief back in the day and he was the only Spartan that made it thus far. So she built this new Spartan the same way she built Chief. Thus, the reflection of Chief. The only thing that gets me is the ONI symbol on the new suit. Maybe it was stolen by Jul 'Mdama's men for Halsey to use. Whatever the case may be, I think we're going to eventually see a fight to the death between two Spartans, Master Chief, and this new age Spartan. Old vs New. I'd be really upset to see Chief go, and I think the rest of Halo nation would too. So I'll say Chief comes out on top but who knows....