Halo: The Master Chief Collection Rumored

In the wake of the newly announced Halo 5: Guardians, a collection of Halo: CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo 4 all remastered in HD for the Xbox One are rumored to come soon to market! 

Halo 5: Guardians already has Halo fans pumped and ready for E3 and beyond, and with so much to decipher about the un-turned stones rooted in this news, I've decided to take a different turn and talk about a recent Halo rumor. Engadget.com recently posted an article themselves confirming the collection, with backing that Microsoft themselves said they would release as much Halo as possible. They stated how 3 year titles would not be frequent, and with Sabre Interactive already working on an unannounced title, could it be possible that it's a large collection for Xbox One rather than just Halo 2 Anniversary, as viable as the idea is? The full description also states that, "Our sources say that the set will zero in on Halo's most famous soldier to refresh audience's memories ahead of Halo 5's release, so curiosities like Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach likely won't be a part of the package. " This could be an off-put for some who love ODST and Reach, as well as the ever-forgotten RTS Halo Wars.

post-26953-0-42556000-1400281221_thumb.jpg

Would you want a Collection of all four of the classics on Xbox One, or do you just want 343i to focus on their core titles? Debate, and be sure to like and comment, thanks for reading!

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 2

Sounds pretty cool! But idk, if 343i is really working on Halo 5 and Halo 2 Anniversary I don't think they will make a 3rd new game within the same time frame so to speak. Anyway that's just my opinion. 

Sounds pretty cool! But idk, if 343i is really working on Halo 5 and Halo 2 Anniversary I don't think they will make a 3rd new game within the same time frame so to speak. Anyway that's just my opinion. 

The halo 2 anniversary wou;ld be part of the package.

Hmmmm... that guy netkrnl who 'leaked' all that inside info on upcoming Xbox stuff on NeoGAF a few months ago mentioned something like this...

A few of the things he said were going to happen have actually happened. For example, he mentioned something about another Halo live-action series coming out and I recently read an actual article on one that is being worked on right now (note: it's a different thing from the TV show Spielberg's producing).

But I don't think this is going to happen. I honestly don't see why there would be another 'HD remaster' of Halo CE though, since they just came out with CE Anniversary 3(?) years ago, and I think re-releasing 4 games and putting out a new full-fledged title within the span of a year would over-saturate the market (especially if they were to each have their own online multiplayer).

I don't see how this could possibly happen.  It took almost 2 years of full 24/7 production for Halo CEA to function without it's multiplayer, now add Halo 2 and halo 3 to that mix?  Not bloody likely.  If they did remaster it, it would likely just be the games themselves as they are, but the emulation side of the Xbox One would be added to allow the games to play.  Microsoft already stated that they are working on emulation for the 360 games for Xbox One.

• Like 1

I don't see how this could possibly happen.  It took almost 2 years of full 24/7 production for Halo CEA to function without it's multiplayer, now add Halo 2 and halo 3 to that mix?  Not bloody likely.  If they did remaster it, it would likely just be the games themselves as they are, but the emulation side of the Xbox One would be added to allow the games to play.  Microsoft already stated that they are working on emulation for the 360 games for Xbox One.

That is what was meant to be said by this article, they are just upscales and ports, not full HD re-releases. It never says they are full on Anniversary Editions compacted into one box, rather just a pack of ports with an upscale in graphics.

So it's Halo greatest hits. They most likely will take 5 classic maps from H1234, put those 20 MP maps for online. Then all the weapons and perks/ordinaces will be in all of them. So we are geting screwed out of a really great H2A, cause who wants to play H2 again with a DMR and Perks and ordinaces. It's just going to be H4 with classic maps pretty much. I doubt they are going to put 4 different Halo MP online, then Have 5 once H5 comes out (Nope). We R going 2 B stuck with H2A online MP with only a Quarter of the original O.M.P maps, with a taste of H134 mixed in. So be prepared to play Lockout or turf or midship with a DMR and someone using Evade or jet pack and ordinaces dropping everywhere. So just when you thought you were going to play classic H2, u R wrong 343 just butcherd that idea. Still no more fighting for power weapons and OS/Invis. Halo will continue giving people perks instead of earning them, and instead of fighting for the power weapons Snip/rockets, they will just fall from the sky for U. Why can't they just copy and paste H2 the exact way it was all maps and weapons. Instead they had to put in there 2 cents

There is not going to be 4 different Halo multi-player online. They are going to tie them all together. There will be NO H2 MP online like it was, it's going to be H2 with ordinaces and perks like camo/jet pack/evade/Promethian vision/sprint... Yes F-ing stupid cause that's NOT H2 343, how could they F this up it's not hard copy and paste H2, keep your F-ing creativity out of it. H2 wasn't the best one cause of the DMR or Ordinaces or Perks. It was the best cause you fight for powerweapons and OS/Invis that's it. You idiots would add something to The Mona Lisa. Just leave H2 the exact same way all the same weapons and all the same maps including the DLC ones. For the love of cortana DO NOT put the. DMR or H4 perks and ordinaces into H2 online multi-player. Just copy and paste H2 MP

• Like 1