Next Halo anounced as Halo 5: Guardians

The image of the second spartan looks more female than male though. Just because he said it isnt, doeant mean he is telling the turth. I'll wait till we actually have more info on this. Although as an afterthought, it could be a full suit encompassing Cortana. Cortana is an AI, and therego forfeits an actual gender assignment or profile. Simply put, she is more of an "It".

It looks very masculine, we're just used to beefy spartans in bulky armor, look at Jun, from his figure you couldn't tell if he was a male or female from that distance in that light unless you heard his voice or saw his face. Why would he lie stupidly over a character's gender? It's not like with TLOU when they lied to keep spoilers out, no this is an ESSENTIAL character, we need his gender to actually adapt to him.

The image of the second spartan looks more female than male though. Just because he said it isnt, doeant mean he is telling the turth. I'll wait till we actually have more info on this. Although as an afterthought, it could be a full suit encompassing Cortana. Cortana is an AI, and therego forfeits an actual gender assignment or profile. Simply put, she is more of an "It".

Frank O Connor has never lied on NeoGAF when he says thing. Also multiple developers have already stated this is a new character so your assumptions are still wrong.

I have a feeling this new character could function similarly to Noble 6 which would justify the "it" statement because it is whatever gender the player picks. 

• Like 1

Well I saw a topic on the forum and he said that in one of the Waypoint bulletins it gave a hint it a second playable Spartan being in Halo 5, their task being hunting down Master chief. < I don't know if that is 100 percent true but sounds cool. :)

If Chief is working for ONI that would mean working against the Arbiter; something I hope 343i would not force us to do, at least not as John.

That second Spartan, though, distinctly has an ONI emblem on his armour. My speculation is that he is not a supporting protagonist, but rather an antagonist, perhaps ONI's replacement for John or a part of Kilo-Five or similar unit. Plus the the concept art, looking a lot like Sanghelios, suggests that at least part of the game will take place there. We know that Sanghelios is rich in Forerunner relics which suggests the possibility that the Xbox One teaser trailer could also take place on Sanghelios. But why would John be masking his appearence on a friendly world? I still think that the Xbox One trailer may take place on the Ark, or other Forerunner installation, while the concept art actually is Sanghelios.  

I hope we don't end up fighting the Arbiter. That would lead to outrage among the Sangheili subculture of the community and be extremely frustrating even for more casual fans (including myself). 

Ok ok for **** sake! Its not a female character. Does it really take 5 different lemming posts to call my guess wrong? Dont like my guess, then **** off alreqdy. As for Franklez, just because he is a dwv, doesnt mean he doesnt manipulate details or post half truths. Revealing everything about a character now does no good anyway. Unless more concrete information is released, anything is still possible.

• Like 1

Ok ok for **** sake! Its not a female character. Does it really take 5 different lemming posts to call my guess wrong? Dont like my guess, then **** off alreqdy. As for Franklez, just because he is a dwv, doesnt mean he doesnt manipulate details or post half truths. Revealing everything about a character now does no good anyway. Unless more concrete information is released, anything is still possible.

All the devs have said is that the character is brand new and not female. Even if it was female all these character theories of "its cortana, Naomi, Linda, etc" would still be wrong because this is a new character.

So far the best speculation has been that this person is hunting down Master Chief. I personally like that idea, ONI are a bunch of jerks and if you remember the beginning of Halo 4 some of it adds up, but of course its just speculation.

I didn't realize other people said it to you, when I clicked on the thread it went straight to your post so I thought you were the last person to comment.  

The game would be really interesting if we got to play as the

mysterious spartan! My anticipation for this game is bubbling

over, I can't wait! With the lowered Xbox One price, this game

and the console itself are just around the corner for me(:

Awesome discovery!

Anyways, is anyone else bothered by the fact that it's called Halo 5: Guardians? It makes it sound... sort of... well... Halo 3: ODSTish.

Halo: Combat Evolved

Doesn't even really matter. When we say that we want to go play "Halo 5: Guardians" we are probably just going to say "Halo 5."

I can't tell you how many times I've heard people say "Halo 1." 

Wait a minute... what's wrong with being ODSTish?

Halo: Combat Evolved

Doesn't even really matter. When we say that we want to go play "Halo 5: Guardians" we are probably just going to say "Halo 5."

I can't tell you how many times I've heard people say "Halo 1." 

Wait a minute... what's wrong with being ODSTish?

It was called Halo: Combat Evolved because they did not expect to make a sequel when they named the game.

And ODST had far less content than Halo: CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo 4.

It was called Halo: Combat Evolved because they did not expect to make a sequel when they named the game.

And ODST had far less content than Halo: CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo 4.

I highly doubt that this game is going to be low on content. I just don't see that happening. I could see why the name might turn some people off and think that way though.

For the Combat Evolved thing, I know that there were no plans for a sequal. I'm just saying that people didn't seem to mind the subtitle back then. Maybe it's the fact that there's a number in between the Franchise name and the subtitle this time round. People don't like numbers in between words? Makes it feel weak or like a spin-off and has no content like you said? eh...

No fuss should be made over a name anyway, it's about the game itself. I mean, who the hell thought a game called "Earthworm Jim" would've been popular? 

I highly doubt that this game is going to be low on content. I just don't see that happening. I could see why the name might turn some people off and think that way though.

For the Combat Evolved thing, I know that there were no plans for a sequal. I'm just saying that people didn't seem to mind the subtitle back then. Maybe it's the fact that there's a number in between the Franchise name and the subtitle this time round. People don't like numbers in between words? Makes it feel weak or like a spin-off and has no content like you said? eh...

No fuss should be made over a name anyway, it's about the game itself. I mean, who the hell thought a game called "Earthworm Jim" would've been popular? 

My primary concern with the whole thing is that it goes Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 4, and then Halo 5: Guardians. It messes with my OCD.

Also everyone knew Earthworm Jim would be awesome. You play as an Earthworm named Jim.

• 4 weeks later...