Bungie To Update Halo PC

Bungie is set to update Halo PC and Halo Custom Edition so that it's online multiplayer support will continue following Gamespy's closing.

Halo.jpg

Bungie has announced that developer Roger Wolfsen, along with a small group of fans, have been working to keep Halo PC online following Gamespy's shutdown.

"A small group has been quietly preparing for the shutdown of the GameSpy Master Server (which provides the list of Halo servers) and they are finally ready to discuss their work. The group consists of Roger Wolfson aka Sawnose (of Bungie), Btcc22 (of HAC2), Kornman00 (of OpenSauce) and myself, Technut (of PÕQ Clan).

As a result of their work, especially Btcc22 and Roger, Bungie will be releasing version 1.0.10 of Halo PC and Halo CE soon, which will include the fix for the Lobby!"

The update will ensure steady, reliable servers for Halo PC players to continue playing online multiplayer. Bungie will be releasing this update soon.

What do you think of this news? Does it surprise you that Bungie is taking the steps to ensure that Halo PC stays online? Leave your thoughts in the comments below.

Special Thanks to our Community Moderator, [member=Church] for showing me this news!

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 5

What do I think? This is AWESOME news!!! There's obviously no money to be made off Halo PC / Custom Edition any more so it's amazing that they would assemble a team to make sure the game lives on :D You can tell they really care about the community.

Now, how will we go about obtaining this update? I got the game for free through HaloMaps.org, like many others who play Custom Edition...

WHAT DID I TELL YOU Bnus !!!!!!!!!!!????

What did I tell you !?

I knew this was going to happen. :)

Good to see this game is still alive and kicking.

You didn't tell me anything I said from the start that this game wasn't going to be affected lol.