Welcome all to the 32nd 343i Weekly Community Poll!
WP2bd2d.png
Look at that pretty new banner made by our Art Department's very own
Austintacious! (aka Gryffin)
Thanks Austin!

Last week's community poll question asked about your thoughts regarding a Halo 5 beta, here are those results!

YES! We want a beta and we want it ASAP! Take a look at The "MoM" Marine's post on why a beta for Halo 5 would be so important:

Halo 5 does indeed need a beta. With how Halo 4 came out, It wasn't at its best. And even though there was a beta (Not released to everyone, mind you), The game didn't have the balance that every past Halo has had to hold its own weight.

Now you are probably wondering, "Hold its own weight?". Well, Yes. Every Halo game has put innovation in, Bungie liked taking risks, Because they knew no matter what the triple sevens would hit on a slot machine, They'd still have cash to make more and more. 343i put in innovation, But as I stated previously - Too much of it. They put Halo on a different line of games where it hadn't ever been. It is getting to the CoD ages if Halo 5 isn't very well on the shelves, And we don't want another E.T situation either.
A short response here - But Halo 5 needs a beta accessible by EVERYONE so Halo and 343i can get the feedback from ALL perspectives of the Halo universe, To make the game the best that it can truly be.

This week Dominion has returned to Halo 4's Wargames in it's very own dedicated playlist! I've already hopped on for a few matches myself (2-0 baby ;D) and plan to hurry up and get my commendation up before the playlist is pulled on May 26, but I'm getting off topic-This week's Community Poll is:

Do You Think Dominion Should to Return to Halo 5 Matchmaking?

2469250-gt_dominion.png

Leave your thoughts along with your vote below.

Voting ends May 19 @ 6:00 AM EST

Thanks for taking time to partake in the Weekly Community Poll, be sure to tell
Austin the banner looks great, and See y'all next week! :wave:

Have a question, complaint, or suggestion pertaining to the poll? Message
BZ1.

• Like 5

Absoluetly, It was a very fun game type and it was pretty popular. (It should be a permanent gametype)

It gives you an objective to do without having to do that capture the flag stuff.... gross.

It made good use of the big maps and with all the turrets, vehicles, sheilds and what not it kept something trying to kill or get you killed.

Dominion was pretty cool. Only they can make it 8v8 instead of 6v6 in my opinion. More choas= more joy!

They should add a few varieties too. Like attack and defend. (Invasion maybe?)

I'd love to see it return :D

• Like 1

Absolutely. I loved Dominion, it took the basic Domination/Conquest game mode found in other popular First Person Shooters, and added their own twists like capturing bases (instead of just flags) and they added gimmicks such as defense turrets, base shields, vehicle pads and ordnance drops. Instead of counting points per second, it adds points when you hold the base for 45 seconds, which is a good thing as it encourages defense as well as offense.

All of these gimmicks were nicely implemented, and I'd love to see its return in Halo Xbox One. Imagine this on larger maps with more bases, now that would be sweet. Vehicular combat was also a major part in this gametype and I love vehicular combat in Halo, as do many people. It was a great gametype, and I'm all for its return. Whilst I personally preferred Invasion, Dominion is FAR from a bad gametype.

Absolutely. For me, Dominion feels like a natural evolution of the old Territories gametype, and the inclusion of actual bases which can defend themselves to a degree and which actually reward maintaining control with things like weapon drops, rather than just points, makes for much more varied and tactical gameplay. I also really like the dynamic it creates between infantry and vehicles, as unlike Territories most of the maps were designed specifically around the gametype, rather than just having relevant zones added: this means that while vehicles are great for controlling the map and actually laying siege to bases, infantry are actually needed to capture or properly defend them. It also means that anyone inside a base has a good chance to successfully fight off any vehicles outside - I think one of the only things I'd like changed in this regard is the addition of more anti-vehicular turrets, and perhaps one or two manually-operated turrets to each base.

Moreover, it's really important just to try and get as much variety into matchmaking as possible. King of the Hill is pretty fun, but it just doesn't lend itself well to the use of vehicles, and there aren't really any other gametypes about maintaining control over bases rather than just capturing objectives. Overall, definitely keep!

• Like 3

Never got the chance to play Dominion because it was never in any playlist. But Id say it should return

It's available in it's very own "Dominion Light" playlist starting today until May 26, I highly suggest you try it. It's one of my favorite gametypes.

Definitely. I personally loved it, it was great fun IMO. I was looking forward to playing it as soon as I saw the first gameplay. You are encouraged to play the objective because of all the points you receive from doing so. It would be great to see it implemented into Halo 5, especially with all the new features.

Dominion was the first playlist I touched when I first got my hands on Halo 4.... And I absodidly loved it. The gameplay was very fun, despite my initial gripe of it replacing Invasion, but those specifics quickly dissipated when I actually got into a game. The way it plays is smooth, which is a bit rare in some playlists in Halo 4 where all the games seem to bleed by fairly quickly, a relief. The weapon drops do hinder it a tad, but not as bad as the 6 grenades that get chucked into a room like King of the Hill, lol, though these only pose a small annoyance.

All in all, Dominion is what big team objective playlists SHOULD have been, and I will gladly accept it in future Halo titles with open arms. :heart: