Things you believed when you were a child.

ShockGazm

Things you believed when you were a child.

I think this will be a nice discussion to have amongst us, I'm looking forward to seeing what other people believed as a young one. So, as the title makes clear, what were the things you believed in when you were at a very young age?

~

The main things I believed in that come to mind, would be my belief in Fairies and Santa Claus. Haha! Thinking back I can't believe how foolish it was to believe in it but it was a nice feeling to have as a kid. I remember I used to write a nice note to the fairy which I would then put on the table close to where the Christmas tree was, then putting a piece of chocolate next to the note and going to sleep wondering if the Christmas fairy would read the note and eat the chocolate. ^_^ I'm sure my parents loved the chocolate...

I also believed in Santa until I was at the age of 8, I was quite sad when I was instantly told he didn't exist, I think that was my dads way of saying we use our money to buy the presents, they don't just magically appear. Disappointing but that's how it is.

Also, I'll just add this too since I thought Santa was doing this. I had this Christmas calender which had pockets, and each day my parents would put a note in it for me to read whenever I got a chance that day and basically the note would give me a clue to try and find whatever "Santa" had left me. The note often lead to sweets, chocolate or small toys. I remember getting two Beyblades and a electric train set, which then went around the tree and when the train went around the tree at the same time played music (Can't remember what else I got). Good times! :D

Edited by ShockGazm
  • Like 6

I always used to believe that if I didn't tuck my feet

under the blankets when I went to bed that a monster

would bite them or something.

I believed in the 'Bloody Mary' game, I'm not sure how

I feel about that now even... I was always too scared to

ever try it. I guess some things aren't meant to be known...

• Like 2

Another one I remembered. For about a month there used to be some weird noises in my attic during the night, on the night I watched a horror film and I pretty much got in my head that there was a monster up there or some grudge type girl up there (I can't remember specifically). I used to think making too much noise during the night would anger the monster or the girl, so whenever I woke up in the middle of the night because I was say... thirsty, I would walk as quite as I could just to drink some water and then hope I didn't make too much noise so I wouldn't anger the monster or girl in the attic. Because I was in a bunk bed, it made the experience a lot worse because I was of course up top. Sometimes I would've slept on the floor or on the couch downstairs.

What the hell is wrong with me. Turned out it was the bloody water boiler... unbelievable. I had to get my dad to show me where the noise was coming from, after he told me and I heard it for myself, it was all happy days regarding sleep.

• Like 1

I used to believe that dogs were males and cats were females...

I used to believe in Sinterklaas, kinda the same as Santa. But here's the twist, I didn't believe Santa existed.

I used to think Santa was real.

I also thought animals could talk like humans, but decided not to because they wanted it to be a secret.

I know. Weird as hell.

Funny enough I used to think cats and dogs could talk like humans, but choose to hide that fact. I think that might be because of this films...

Cats_%26_Dogs_film.jpg

and also...

ys%20homeward%20bound.jpg

Edited by ShockGazm
  • Like 1

Well I used to believe in aliens and I still do since if you look at the universe and you think about all the planets, stars and solar systems that we haven't explored thoroughly, you can't say that we are the only species in the ENTIRE universe since you haven't seen anything else.

I also believed in ghosts but I don't really any more.

• Like 1

My toys and stuffed animals can see, understand, and think with feelings of their own

I still tend to think that....... that's why I still have all my stuffed animals on my bed and all my toys kept safely in storage

ALSO, I liked to believe that with enough willpower I could develop powers like a super hero or villain. Always wanted to be a female version of venom.....

I still believe that with enough faith even that may be accomplished... CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

Edited by Vinyl Scratch
  • Like 1

I was told as a child that if you squinted for too long (because of the glare of the sun when your outside) your face would freeze. Or a better way to put it, your face would become stuck like that forever. Scared the crap out of me! I never squinted in the sun again, which sucked because I never had sunglasses.  

• Like 1

Back in the day I was all about the supernatural stuff. Like the Mothman, Alien abduction, Witches, and all that. Pretty much still am.

It would be hard for me to sleep sometimes since I would always believe there would be an Alien or Demon or something sitting in the room watching me. To this day I still have a hard time sleeping because of this. •_•

Watching all those horror movies hasn't really helped either. The absolute worst one that keeps screwing with me is John Carpenter's The Thing, and the 2011 prequel. My god those were freaking scary as hell. (●⌒●)