For halo 5 a better forge world would be more than great I believe that the 1 in halo 4 they just threw in all thou its easier said than done another forge world would have a major impact on the halo experience as far as custom games go and maybe the addition (if possible) of piloting a falcon again or something new like a pelican

• Like 1

For halo 5 a better forge world would be more than great I believe that the 1 in halo 4 they just threw in all thou its easier said than done another forge world would have a major impact on the halo experience as far as custom games go and maybe the addition (if possible) of piloting a falcon again or something new like a pelican

You do know that 4's forge maps do to the Xbox 360 what FW did in Reach, right? Granted, the X1 has more processing powers, so I'm sure we can expect great improvements to forge. But I don't think it's necessarily fair to blame 343 of being lazy when they pushed the 360 to its limits.

• Like 1

Allow me to offer a few facts about Forge World that may help you understand a bit why things are iffy. Forge World in Halo Reach is to date the largest map in terms of poly count. It's rendering took everything the 360 had and still caused a lot of graphic issues like clipping, reduced LOD, and also cut down on the ability to really make use of a larger budget.

Halo 4 however has the same issue. The poly count is just as high, but the extra polys used were to make the map feel more real and natural. You can see the difference most clearly in the rocks and natural formations. Further, a lot of maps in Halo 4 suffer from clipping and poor LOD because of this. There are many maps in the campaign, that have dissappearing sections when you look a certain way during gameplay.

The Xbox 360 was pushed to it's furthest limits in regards to the Blam! Engine. Unfortunatly, the engine is the ultimate deciding factor in how well the game is rendered and how efficiently resources are cleaned up. Crysis 3 is one example of engine efficiency. Unless 343i refines the engine further, it matters little what type of resources the Xbox One has available.

I just think it is important for you guys to know this before posting what things you think they should be able to do vs what they can actually do. If anything, the ideas you post should also have a possible way to carry out said items. Example... Increase map rendering size by cutting down on ambient sound clusters, or Increase the Forge budget by decreasing the rendering cost and use lower poly versions of MM maps for Forge maps.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I believe that if they had made the forge islands more... varied, i guess is the word im looking for, they would have been received better. Making three stone mushrooms in the middle of the ocean didn't really inspire much forging. Hopefully Halo 5 will improve upon this and create a forging environment more akin to Forge World from Reach.

I think they should add a new map that like in space with battle cruisers fighting in the background and you and your freinds building in space just a idea

If they refine the engine to a point, I'd much enjoy being able to modify stuff in the background, e.g. Having a Halo ring in space, having a warzone in space, etc.

It'd really drive the aesthetics department of forge maps, which would really help in setting a mood and tone for the custom games that are being played on said map. I know I'd be a lot fired up playing a BTB map if I could look up and see ships engaging each other with their MAC Cannons and missiles blasting away.

Doesn't have to be space.

They have been remastering halo games for a while now, how about a new version of a very similar forge world on XB1 they now have the power and people want another forge world why not a remake with some tweaks and new graphics, some new pieces and the same old one's with new textures and if possible an increase in size or higher budget.

• 2 months later...

A new forge map is needed

It should be with different categories (I don't know what they're called, but like in Reach where it was Forge World, then you click it and it says Hemorrage, The Cage, Paradiso, etc.), and each one should be a different island with a different weather and climate for each.

• 3 months later...

IF there was to be a new forge world i would want it to be just one map. No more of this three map crap if you are gonna make forge maps invest all the time and ideas into one map to make it amazing. Also i think it would be great if they added new objects like a ton more not the 10 that they added to the mcc just a ton more

IF there was to be a new forge world i would want it to be just one map. No more of this three map crap if you are gonna make forge maps invest all the time and ideas into one map to make it amazing. Also i think it would be great if they added new objects like a ton more not the 10 that they added to the mcc just a ton more

See, the problem with that, is a lot of forgers want multiple biomes(plains, snow, rock, desert, etc.) to forge in, and that's hard to put into 1 map. Plus, while that would be nice, having too much on 1 map would overload the game. The 3 maps were just too small, that's all.