Destiny Sw33t L00t

The Destiny loot system explained.

destiny_bungie_promo.jpg

As most of you know, the new game Destiny will feature some sweet loot.

Now I heard some complaints of some of you that you were afraid that random players would just swoop by and steal all your hard earned loot.

Bungie assured you that your loot is YOURS.

Even the ammo they drop is YOURS.

It drops only for you and the other players get their own loot (If they helped that is).

So no Borderlands like weapon stealing.

Here's a video on the matter

Now for a little breakdown.

At 0:36 you see in the top right corner that the player is participating in an event and is on the Gold Tier.

So there are several tiers probably indidcating how much of the loot you will get.

My guesses are that gold will be the highest.

(But there's always platinum and stuff)

Also, the higher the level, the better your armour will look.

You will be really able to see the difference between a level 3 guardian and a level 23 guardian by the way their armour looks.

The level 3 guardian will have close to basic armour and the level 23 guardian will have a lot of details and decorations.

Then there's also the weapons.

Destiny features a three weapon system. No this does not mean only 3 weapons, but three weapon categories.

The first one is your Primary weapon which can either be a rifle or a hand cannon.

Then there is the Special weapon which can be a shotgun or a sniper rifle kind of weapon.

And then there is you Heavy weapon which features rocket launchers and heavy machine guns.

Also, the weapons are not class bound like again for example Borderlands 2 that has specific items for specific classes.

The Destiny armoury will be open to all classes. Whether you are a Hunter, Warlock or Titan.

What are your thoughts?

As always leave comments down below!

Thank you for reading! :D

Source:

http://nl.ign.com/news/8996/Destiny-Developer-Diary-gaat-in-op-loot-armor-en-wapens

Edited by Unease P34nut
  • Like 3

Oh man, I can't wait to start playing this game! I'm curious though, when picking up Primary, Secondary, and Special weapons, do you have to exchange your current weapons, or does it goes straight to an inventory like an RPG?

Also, another great article P34nut :thumbup:

It seems that you're trying to put emphasis how Destiny is different from Borderlands. The difference is mostly aesthetic, and every distinguishment you give us is frivolous or superficial. It seems that the difference between Borderlands and Destiny isn't as great as the article leads us to believe; almost purposely.

Oh man, I can't wait to start playing this game! I'm curious though, when picking up Primary, Secondary, and Special weapons, do you have to exchange your current weapons, or does it goes straight to an inventory like an RPG?

I guess it will go into you inventory.

It would be kind of stupid to have to throw your weapons away for a new one .-.

It seems that you're trying to put emphasis how Destiny is different from Borderlands. The difference is mostly aesthetic, and every distinguishment you give us is frivolous or superficial. It seems that the difference between Borderlands and Destiny isn't as great as the article leads us to believe; almost purposely.

I used Borderlands as an example to prevent confusion and explain how it works.

I'm not promoting Destiny over Borderlands 2 if that is what you are suggesting.

Nice article, well written, keep improving and try avoiding the word "Also" it's just so, blergh. and centering your text makes reading some what a hassle.

Destiny suck lolololololololololol*

(HALOOOOOO)

*This is for annoyng P34nut, all others please disregard that statement.