Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Official Announcement

The next Call of Duty title, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, has been announced under Sledgehammer Games and Activision. 

Call of Duty: Ghosts, while having some good areas, was critically panned by most players as repetitive and stale, so naturally, the next game would need to out-do it's predecessor spectacularly. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, the next step in the Call of Duty franchise, was revealed a few hours ago, but leaked information was shown quite some time back. Call of Duty's official YouTube.com channel made the official reveal, but Destructoid.com has the information beforehand. Destrucoid leaked the game surrounding a Private Military Corporation seceding from the US government. You play as a Soldier in this corporation, for once not under the US flag, under Kevin Spacey's character, who is the leader of this corporation. Exo-suits will incorporate as well, giving players a hefty library of abilities like cloaking, scaling, and jumping. The official trailer showcases Knight-esque Suits, possibly hinting at customization of our suits, and Spider shaped tanks in-game. The in-game graphics are, impressively, on an Xbox One, showcasing the system's power.

post-26953-0-69052100-1399023036.png

Are you going to purchase this next Call of Duty, or has Ghost left a sour taste in your mouth that may never heal? Let me know, and if you enjoyed this article be sure to Like and Comment, and leave feedback below, see you next time!

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 8

The fact Kevin Spacey is in it intrigues me, maybe the campaign will be worth a play but I want to see multiplayer gameplay before I start making nice comments towards the game. I'm just glad it's not called Patriots, I'm not sure if Ubisoft will be using that as their title for the upcoming Rainbow Six game, whenever that gets announced. I think the name would suit Rainbow Six more. Anyway, I hope they release a trailer that actually shows gameplay etc and not a bunch of explosions and s*it that tries to make the game look cool but this is Call of Duty we're talking about...

Edited by ShockGazm

Eh, I honestly think it's gonna suck. Don't know how it could be any worse than Ghosts but I'm certain it's not going to top the classics like CoD4 and MW2. I don't plan on buying another CoD game 'til Black Ops 3 or whatever Treyarch puts out next year. Also, here's the trailer for anyone who wants to watch on the thread instead of on the Youtube page:

With it being a next gen exclusive, I doubt I'll be able to get it. I'm not quite sold on it after seeing the first trailer either, though this looks to be an interesting installment in the series, I feel we'll still be getting the same thing we've grown accustomed to in the COD series- Fast paced, adrenaline fueled, and campers.

rrhuntington, after seeing what this game was all about, breathed deeply in and then exhaled... shutting his eyes.

...then cried himself to sleep that night. :crybaby:

Thanks for the news though, I'd rather my hopes be dashed sooner rather than later.

With it being a next gen exclusive, I doubt I'll be able to get it.

I'm guessing it's most likely gonna be available on all platforms, next gen or not. Activision's too money hungry to make it next gen exclusive... there's still a ton of money to be made off of the PS3 and 360.

I'm guessing it's most likely gonna be available on all platforms, next gen or not. Activision's too money hungry to make it next gen exclusive... there's still a ton of money to be made off of the PS3 and 360.

I decided to search around a bit to see if Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is a next gen exclusive, to find that it is in fact coming to next gen and current gen though the focus is 'primarily next gen' according to Activison. So I may actually be getting this title, if it elevates itself above past CoD titles. :laughing:

Well, there is Titanfall, Halo, Crysis, and an easily missed Avatar influence... But it looks amazing. It seems to be a CoD with a dramatic campaign - instead of shooting Russians and running away. Call of Duty has always, ALWAYS needed this. Could this be the revolution the franchise has needed? I think so. 

Well, there is Titanfall, Halo, Crysis, and an easily missed Avatar influence... But it looks amazing. It seems to be a CoD with a dramatic campaign - instead of shooting Russians and running away. Call of Duty has always, ALWAYS needed this. Could this be the revolution the franchise has needed? I think so. 

Well I mean, I identified those helicopters as EXACT clones of the Avatar choppers as soon as I saw them... not sure how so many people missed that. They literally look EXACTLY the same.

• Like 1

Looks like Call of Duty is taking the plunge into the world of sci-fi shooters. If Halo 5 is modeled on Call of Duty's playing style like it (kinda) was with Halo 4, then they are pretty much equals aside from Halo having shields and Call of Duty having magical walls which regenerate your health if you hide behind them long enough... oh wait, they function exactly the same. >_>

If these exo-suits allow players to climb walls, jump really high, and hide effectively, then it will instead be Assassin's Creed + Guns.

ಠ_ಠ

I know how this is going to play out........

Lots of hype everyone wants it saying it is going to be a breath of fresh air for Cod.

It comes out everyone loves it.

Few weeks later everyone hates it and say it was overhyped etc

Now cod trailer comes out and the cycle happens again. :)

Edited by Caboose the Ace
  • Like 1

Well I mean, I identified those helicopters as EXACT clones of the Avatar choppers as soon as I saw them... not sure how so many people missed that. They literally look EXACTLY the same.

IKR. The exo-suits look like Mass Effect armor, too. The list goes on - but still great looking game.

If the Call Of Duty Kevin Spacey is anything like the House of Cards Kevin Spacey, then I think we will have one of the best Cods yet...(Well I never tried Ghosts or Black Ops 2 so I can't really say that. But I will be getting Ghosts within the coming week or so!)

Well I think the game looks amazing!  Kevin Spacey is one my top 5 actors of all time, so no doubt his performance will bring an extra level of drama and realism to the game.

That aside the gameply looked pretty good.  For me though, it's about what the engine can do in-game and with cinematics.  So far, it's looks on par with what Crytek was doing with their first version of Cryengine 3, which is really good.  Interactive smoke, real time lighting perspectives dynamic fuilds, etc... all of that just enhances the gameplay that much more.  I'm expecting the multiplayer to remain the same though.  It hasn't changed much at all since MW1, so that's a pretty safe bet.

• Like 5

Every Call of Duty trailer is well-made. I have to admit. I like their trailers. But the games (Ghosts for example), was the opposite of that. This game looks like it'll actually be pretty cool. But I should wait for more gameplay to release at E3 to consider Advanced Warfare again.

P.S.: "Advanced Warfare"...what a generic title. xD

• Like 1

Every Call of Duty trailer is well-made. I have to admit. I like their trailers. But the games (Ghosts for example), was the opposite of that. This game looks like it'll actually be pretty cool. But I should wait for more gameplay to release at E3 to consider Advanced Warfare again.

P.S.: "Advanced Warfare"...what a generic title. xD

A ittle little bit close to Modern Warfare

... just a little ittle.

Seriously though I think it looks moderately interesting. I'm probably just going to play Campaign and chunk multiplayer. So far the Campaigns have been slightly good, but albeit with allot of cliches and lack of deviation from title to title. Like...

Singular enemy take you down. We all proceed to frown. Some conflict begin circle of round. Come end of game, enemy go way down. Repeat.

Even if the enemy survives (SPOILER. Ghosts) then you know you're still going to kill the guy. Seems like allot of games do it now.

• Like 1

If the Call Of Duty Kevin Spacey is anything like the House of Cards Kevin Spacey, then I think we will have one of the best Cods yet...(Well I never tried Ghosts or Black Ops 2 so I can't really say that. But I will be getting Ghosts within the coming week or so!)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

SAVE YOURSELF!!!!

Awww c'mon... It's a decent COD...

Which means it's just bad in general.

No. From the utterly intrusive spawning system that quite literally decides 'Heyo, if you kill a guy, he should spawn behind you so the game is fair', to the horrendous map design that pretty much encourages the most random encounters ever, forces dumb spawns and cheap kills, to even the gunplay which seems to quite literally favor people who are closer to the game host. 

The game sucks. Period.

Black Ops 2, Black Ops 1, so much better.

Well, every CoD trailer looks amazing and mind-blowing.

I'm waiting for some actual gameplay.

Same here, trailers look cool (fish moving out of the way anyone?) but they always lack at gameplay.

They have to step up their game, but nonetheless this could be a welcome change or a complete ripoff of Crysis, we will see.

To be honest, I can either see the multiplayer going one of two ways:

1. Titanfall 2. You can use your jetpacks to zip around the map like a hyperactive-Mirrors Edge in you suits.
  2. Generic Call of Duty multiplayer with the same killstreaks and gun-to-gun combat.

Sadly, the campaign has already got the concept of a 'Private Military Company' (PMC) wrong, PMCs are essentially 'hired muscle', mercenaries. They fulfill a contract for their reward, they are certainly not activists of any kind.