Call of Duty: Patriots [UPDATED]

Yep, a new Call of Duty game is due to release this year

Surprise Surprsie

2514743-cod.png

After enlightening us with the picture shown above there's now a rumour about the actual name of the new Call of Duty title.

There was already a code name for the current project Sledgehammer was working at which was 'Blacksmith'.

But that was not to be the name of the game (Which is Patriots)  but the name of one of the main characters.

The settings of the game (Note that these are still rumours) are to be in an alternative Word War 1 setting and the game will have a fantasy element in it.

There is also rumoured that one of the characters from the previous Call of Duty titles will be in there, but in an alternative dimension.

The game will feature sigle player and multi player. Although Single player can be played co-op, it does not support split screen.

Finally the campaign will take 6 hours to complete and there might be two sub campaigns.

The game is rumoured to be released on November 14th for PC, Xbox One and PS4 only. So no Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii U!

None of the above has been confirmed so far.

Don't take this too seriously because only a while ago the game was rumoured to be in a futuristic Modern Warefare setting.

What are your thoughts?

Leave answers and comments down below!

Thank you for reading! :D

[uPDATE]

Another screenshot of the game has been released!

106503.jpg

Looks fancy huh?

The official title of the new CoD will be released Sunday.

Sources:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/rumor-2014-s-call-of-duty-game-is-called-patriots-set-during-world-war-1-and-coming-to-xbox-one-ps4-pc-update/1100-6419317/

http://nl.ign.com/news/8952/call-of-duty-nieuw-tijdperk-breekt-4-mei-aan

Edited by Unease P34nut
  • Like 1

World War 1....?   The PAST!!!!

No... this can't be true...

An "in the past" call of duty game? YES!  :yahoo:

...Oh wait, the Word "Alternative"

This word scares me... I feel as if this may become a "How would World War 1 have been with modern weaponry?" scenario... and that scares me. That picture up top reinforces this theory a little too much for my liking, especially If this game and that picture prove true and related in the end.

NO, there go my hopes again!!!  :wallbash:

I do realize this is all rumor though.

I'm at the point with Call of Duty that I just don't care anymore, I just take a gander and move on. But, saying that, I hope they pull something off with this somewhat new Call of Duty game. I loved Call of Duty 4 and I thought Modern Warfare 2 was really good and fun for the first few months (Until the game was hacked to shreds), but for me it went down hill from there (I didn't mind Black Ops, just to put that out there). MW3 was the game that killed it for me and not in the good way. COD Ghosts was the game that buried the franchise 20ft under, just a completely average game and the multiplayer was to be put simply, a bad and frustrating experience, at least for me it was (Not regarding skill, I'm a pretty descent player but everything about it was just "Meh" and boring. I won't bother going into specifics because we should all know them by now).

Getting back to the point, I hope they pull something out of the bag with Call of Duty... whatever they call it. Personally, I think a Call of Duty Online should be made, rather than wasting time on the campaign, as it doesn't have the ever lasting quality Halo and Mass Effect has (Upon many others but I went with well known games with an amazing storyline). I don't understand why there needs to be 2 or 3 different companies working on the same series, it's unbelievably silly and stupid. If they worked together, they may actually be able to make a game that ticks the correct boxes, mainly a game that's actually really good and not the same thing every year.

Just some thoughts of mine I thought I'd throw out there. ^_^

Edited by ShockGazm