Battlefield 4 gets private servers and Watch_Dogs season pass details

Unease Peanut

Finally DICE releases private servers in Battlefield 4 for the consoles.

A feature that has been there on the PC for a long time is now coming to the consoles.

This kinda reminds me of Battlefield 3 in which the private servers were also released later for the consoles.

The feature has now been implemented for the PS3, PS4 and Xbox 360. The Xbox One is expeciencing some trouble but DICE assures us that it will be on later.

106452.png

Of course there is a price tag on this.

(It's EA remember)

Servers can be rented for the following times and prices:

1 Day for $1,49

1 Week for $6,99

1 Month for $24,99

And 3 Months for $59,99

Expect the same prices in Euro's for Europe

DICE has stated that this is a 'soft launch' and that there are a limited amount of servers available. More will become available soon.

Would you buy a server?

Next up are the Watch_Dogs season pass details

Watch-Dogs-Season-Pass.jpg

Since Watch-Dogs will be up for sale on the 27th of May for all last and next-gen consoles (excluding the Wii-U) it is time to consider buying the season pass.

The seaon pass will save you 25% cash compared to buying all the DLC seperately.

Here are the current details on the season pass as of now:

-A single-player story mode through the eyes of 'T-Bone'

(Double the fun)

-Conspiracy, a game mode in which players can hunt for cyborgs in a different gaming dimension

(Hilarity ensues)

-More single-player missions, weapons and outfits

(HATS!)

-A week early acces to all DLc content

(Which is sorta a standard thing these days)

The price has not been officially released yet but it will probably be somewhere between $15 and $20.

Will you be getting Watch_Dogs and the Season pass?

Sources:

http://nl.ign.com/news/8928/consoleversie-battlefield-4-krijgt-private-servers

http://nl.ign.com/news/8920/Season-Pass-details-Watch-Dogs-bekend

• Like 2

I personally won't be buying a server anytime soon. I mean it's a cool idea and all, but I have no need for it. I'll just stick to the public servers. Good find though P34nut, :clap:

Problem is that the public servers were sometimes a bit to chaotic. Like Metro 64 player servers or Op Lockdown 64 player servers. These maps will actually be playable now!

Then again from what I remember from Battlefield 3 is a lot of server hosts kicking players for being too good or getting in a vehicle they wanted. Also the team switches were annoying as hell.

Private servers are not all that revolutionary or great. Many private servers of existing games suck, period. The average standqrd internet connection does not have the resources or bandwidth to really host a good server. We see this all the time with PC servers. While yes most of the problem does have to do with tue netcoding of a game, you still cant expect to have a great low ping server and no lag unless your going to host the server on a private line. A big misconception is, that if you run only one device on an internet connection, you get 100% results. That is not true, as you still use the same service lines and "pool" as the rest of the community around your area.

I'm bored of Battlefield 4 already, so I won't be bothering with these servers anytime soon... well, ever to be honest. The fact those who want private servers have to pay to get them is unbelievably ridiculous to me, EA are simply and forever will be the worst company... I'm at the point of despising them but I do like Dice, mainly for Mirror's Edge. 

I'm very excited for Watch Dogs though, I'm bored with a lot of the PS4 games that are out now, not including the arcade games , those I don't mind and do enjoy. I am yet to play a next gen game that makes me want to keep going back to it, all I play now is FIFA 14 (Mainly clubs with friends mainly to laugh at how s*it the game is and have fun in the process) and that game is garbage but I bloody love football. I can see myself pulling a Skyrim with Watch Dogs, and by "Pulling a Skyrim" I simply mean throwing hours upon hours upon hours into the game.