Who watches RWBY?

Sniper0092

No...

I don't...

Okay yes I do it is an amazing show and I can't wait for volume two.

Yang is my favourite from team RWBY :3

Sun is pretty cool to :)

Edited by уαηg χιασ ℓσηg

Yes, actually. Pretty good so far, kinda vague in a few spots, but being a new series, that has to be expected. The animation is a bit too reminiscent of RvB's in movements, if you pay attention to the hands, but that's not a big gripe. Hopefully the story advances a bit more, kind of patchy here and there.

Yes, but I wouldn't recommend it unless you're in for the action. The story's crikey, slow, undeveloped, and focuses on kinda the wrong thing (What was up with the Jaune Arc, man), and pretty much has a 'story-of-the-week' style episodes. The trailers probably have more combat than the entire series.

Can't wait for Season 2. 

It's a great series that annoys the heck out of up-to-date watchers....which promptly decreases how awesome it actually is.

Saw all of volume one and was only disappointed by the ending. I thought there was going to be a better fight and more resolve but whatever. The action scenes were great and the weapons are unique and really cool. This isn't the typical girly romantic comedy this a real action show. At first I was skeptical of the animation but I grew fond of it and thought that this show couldn't work any better without it. As others, definitely looking forward to volume 2

Yes, it was amazing at first, but it went downhill once Episode 3 dropped. I loved the four trailers and RWBY Episode 1. They all presented a gritty feeling, amazing action and a fascinating fantasy world that could potentially be full of lore. The first episode started amazingly and went straight to the action. We get to see that the world of RWBY is full of different factions. The comedy in this episode was also top-notch.

I wanted a gritty world-exploration anime with many factions around the world and the team slowly meeting each other over the course of time, so that we can gradually understand each of the characters one by one with the creatures of Grimm being a threat that's always there.

Instead, we are thrown into a school and all the characters meet at once. Leaving me to assume that they're saving everything for later. At that point, I thought the school would send the students in missions against the creatures, but instead we get school drama that isn't very effective. The comedy in the school part of the series is far from what we were shown in the first episode, in my opinion.

The voice acting could use more work, but it's good enough not to be annoying. I expected Red vs. Blue quality voice acting, which the first episode was able to do, but the rest of the series was unable to even reach that level. And then the final episode is underwhelming. Action is truly the one redeeming quality RWBY has.

But overall, dispite the disappointment, I liked it. I'm excited for volume 2 and I'm hoping that everything done in Volume 1 was just to save the good stuff for Volume 2.

Yes, it was amazing at first, but it went downhill once Episode 3 dropped. I loved the four trailers and RWBY Episode 1. They all presented a gritty feeling, amazing action and a fascinating fantasy world that could potentially be full of lore. The first episode started amazingly and went straight to the action. We get to see that the world of RWBY is full of different factions. The comedy in this episode was also top-notch.

I wanted a gritty world-exploration anime with many factions around the world and the team slowly meeting each other over the course of time, so that we can gradually understand each of the characters one by one with the creatures of Grimm being a threat that's always there.

Instead, we are thrown into a school and all the characters meet at once. Leaving me to assume that they're saving everything for later. At that point, I thought the school would send the students in missions against the creatures, but instead we get school drama that isn't very effective. The comedy in the school part of the series is far from what we were shown in the first episode, in my opinion.

The voice acting could use more work, but it's good enough not to be annoying. I expected Red vs. Blue quality voice acting, which the first episode was able to do, but the rest of the series was unable to even reach that level. And then the final episode is underwhelming. Action is truly the one redeeming quality RWBY has.

But overall, dispite the disappointment, I liked it. I'm excited for volume 2 and I'm hoping that everything done in Volume 1 was just to save the good stuff for Volume 2.

It spends time getting us to learn about them, which I didn't mind. So I disagree it went downhill. I thought the acting was amazing, pretty intense at times. And yes the action was good of course, thanks to monty oum.

It spends time getting us to learn about them, which I didn't mind. So I disagree it went downhill. I thought the acting was amazing, pretty intense at times. And yes the action was good of course, thanks to monty oum.

Exactly. It's just spending time to get us to know them, that's why I'm hoping everything was saved for Volume 2 and that now we know the characters, it could be more meaningful now.

Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating by saying the series went "downhill". It's just that many of the series school drama just doesn't feel as meaningful as I'd like them to be and there are plenty of cliches used. Not to mention the cliffhanger at the 16th episode. The Kotaku review of RWBY is more or less the same as my opinion of the series.

The acting was good, but not as good as Red vs. Blue, in my opinion. It's far from the best acting of all time. I forgot to mention that the music is also another good quality of the series. It's just a lot of fun to listen to.

Don't get me wrong, I love the series concept. I even created a RWBY AMV. But it's not the series I was expecting. Not yet, at least.

Love it. :) Really looking forward to Volume 2.

The first episode is basically an intro, I thought I wouldn't get too interested after watching it but the story really picks up as you go along. :)

No, it doesn't. It introduces you to a vast world that can be populated with amazing things, and basically tells you about school drama, said drama featuring character development that is either slow, or impossibly fast, before literally turning back on itself the episode later. Story arcs are irregular and confusing - a few episodes are about school, and then for almost the second half of the story the show doesn't even focus on the main characters, and finally ends with a cliffhanger that introduces random characters, including - finally - showing the antagonist.

No, it doesn't. It introduces you to a vast world that can be populated with amazing things, and basically tells you about school drama, said drama featuring character development that is either slow, or impossibly fast, before literally turning back on itself the episode later. Story arcs are irregular and confusing - a few episodes are about school, and then for almost the second half of the story the show doesn't even focus on the main characters, and finally ends with a cliffhanger that introduces random characters, including - finally - showing the antagonist.

Compared to the first Episode, the story picks up. I understand that Volume 1 all together seems like an intro but the story does gradually get more interesting and show more action. The rest of the Episodes are nothing like the first one. They go into far more detail and really develop the characters and story. The rest of the Episodes after the first one get far more interesting in my opinion.

Compared to the first Episode, the story picks up. I understand that Volume 1 all together seems like an intro but the story does gradually get more interesting and show more action. The rest of the Episodes are nothing like the first one. They go into far more detail and really develop the characters and story. The rest of the Episodes after the first one get far more interesting in my opinion.

Spoiler alert.

No, I don't think it does. Episode 1 introduces us to Remnant and it's backstory, of humans and Grimm, before luring us into the present day with the introduction of a Villain who is stealing Dust for reasons unknown, his mysterious assistance, Crimson, who looks utterly beast, the main character, cute, innocent abd bad### and Ozpin, who is OBVIOUSLY hiding something that we think will be revealed. Reasons to watch on, right? Yes. Will it be revealed?

LOL NO.

The next few episodes expand on school life, and while that's perfectly fine, it literally spends 4 episodes doing nothing but looking at character relationships and how they are either nonexistant or cliché. The first action scenes come, and they look great, but by then we're pretty much halfway through the season before an actual fight has appeared.

Once that's over, we get a HINT of character development between just 2 of the four main characters. No look at bumblebee though! Because all that foreshadowing in the trailers? Why not throw it out the window, amirite? 

And then the IMMEDIATE NEXT EPISODE, that character development is GONE. "We need to be a team!" Ruby says. "I know," Weiss, "Just stop being a baby." Next episode: "Dammit Ruby you're so annoying and frustrating and not being a team" "I thought you were on my side" "Stop being a baby!"

So tiring. I guess that's a plot thread that might work if they followed on - but hey, why not ignore it completely in favor of the infamous Jaune Arc, centering on the magnificent, aryan-race baby, Jaune Arc. Space is Paramount, and he is higher than the forces of a deighty. Not only does he randomly get the girl, he also gets bullied a lot and stuff, and he cries and then he does more stuff and then in the end he thinks he's cool but really a girl who's 10x stronger than he is (I mean, come on. Magnetism for a Semblance? OP) just saved the day for him.

After what is practically a story-of-the-week-or-more-weeks series for the first 4/5 of the volume, we still don't know ANYTHING about Beacon, Anything about Vale, Anything about Remnant, Anything about Hunters and Huntresses, Anything about Grimm, Anything about the world, Anything about the powers of the hunters and huntresses (Aura, Dust, Semblances), and it almost appears as though there was a retcon halfway through the series.

Final two episodes, lets FINALLY take a look at the antagonist. But first, we'll introduce two characters without any reason, immediately have them go from strangers to friends with the main characters, and then reveal that they have weird superpowers and stuff, are robots/the monkey king, and decidedly fight against the antagonist. FINALLY a shred of plot that feels like it belongs in RWBY instead of an American teen heart throb drama or something, and then the series ends.

lol wat.

Yes, it has it's ups and downs. Yes, I am a fan of it, as I can see all it's flaws and still be able to enjoy it. But there are moments where I feel cheated out of my not-money, although I did pay for RWBY stuff. Do I enjoy it? Yes. Objectively, do I think you should have a go at it? Yes, if only for the amazing fight scenes. From the producers of dudes standing around talking that suddenly became famous and directed by the person who brought you sexy girls fighting, sexy girls fighting 3 on 3 and sexy girls fighting in a battle royale (ty gigguk), RWBY is a nice surprise that I certainly enjoyed. 

But one of it's downs is that the story CERTAINLY doesn't pick up.

/rant over.

• Like 2

Spoiler alert.

No, I don't think it does. Episode 1 introduces us to Remnant and it's backstory, of humans and Grimm, before luring us into the present day with the introduction of a Villain who is stealing Dust for reasons unknown, his mysterious assistance, Crimson, who looks utterly beast, the main character, cute, innocent abd bad### and Ozpin, who is OBVIOUSLY hiding something that we think will be revealed. Reasons to watch on, right? Yes. Will it be revealed?

LOL NO.

The next few episodes expand on school life, and while that's perfectly fine, it literally spends 4 episodes doing nothing but looking at character relationships and how they are either nonexistant or cliché. The first action scenes come, and they look great, but by then we're pretty much halfway through the season before an actual fight has appeared.

Once that's over, we get a HINT of character development between just 2 of the four main characters. No look at bumblebee though! Because all that foreshadowing in the trailers? Why not throw it out the window, amirite? 

And then the IMMEDIATE NEXT EPISODE, that character development is GONE. "We need to be a team!" Ruby says. "I know," Weiss, "Just stop being a baby." Next episode: "Dammit Ruby you're so annoying and frustrating and not being a team" "I thought you were on my side" "Stop being a baby!"

So tiring. I guess that's a plot thread that might work if they followed on - but hey, why not ignore it completely in favor of the infamous Jaune Arc, centering on the magnificent, aryan-race baby, Jaune Arc. Space is Paramount, and he is higher than the forces of a deighty. Not only does he randomly get the girl, he also gets bullied a lot and stuff, and he cries and then he does more stuff and then in the end he thinks he's cool but really a girl who's 10x stronger than he is (I mean, come on. Magnetism for a Semblance? OP) just saved the day for him.

After what is practically a story-of-the-week-or-more-weeks series for the first 4/5 of the volume, we still don't know ANYTHING about Beacon, Anything about Vale, Anything about Remnant, Anything about Hunters and Huntresses, Anything about Grimm, Anything about the world, Anything about the powers of the hunters and huntresses (Aura, Dust, Semblances), and it almost appears as though there was a retcon halfway through the series.

Final two episodes, lets FINALLY take a look at the antagonist. But first, we'll introduce two characters without any reason, immediately have them go from strangers to friends with the main characters, and then reveal that they have weird superpowers and stuff, are robots/the monkey king, and decidedly fight against the antagonist. FINALLY a shred of plot that feels like it belongs in RWBY instead of an American teen heart throb drama or something, and then the series ends.

lol wat.

Yes, it has it's ups and downs. Yes, I am a fan of it, as I can see all it's flaws and still be able to enjoy it. But there are moments where I feel cheated out of my not-money, although I did pay for RWBY stuff. Do I enjoy it? Yes. Objectively, do I think you should have a go at it? Yes, if only for the amazing fight scenes. From the producers of dudes standing around talking that suddenly became famous and directed by the person who brought you sexy girls fighting, sexy girls fighting 3 on 3 and sexy girls fighting in a battle royale (ty gigguk), RWBY is a nice surprise that I certainly enjoyed. 

But one of it's downs is that the story CERTAINLY doesn't pick up.

/rant over.

You've got a real good point there and I see how you view this. I still think that there is a difference between the first and last episodes that makes me feel like it picks up ever so slightly. It develops slowly along the way. Volume 2 will definitely pick up much more, Volume 1 was like a slow, long introduction. I still think that the story begins to get more interesting although it's still slow to pick up. I'm sure Volume 2 will pick up much faster.

You've got a real good point there and I see how you view this. I still think that there is a difference between the first and last episodes that makes me feel like it picks up ever so slightly. It develops slowly along the way. Volume 2 will definitely pick up much more, Volume 1 was like a slow, long introduction. I still think that the story begins to get more interesting although it's still slow to pick up. I'm sure Volume 2 will pick up much faster.

It shouldn't have been. Episode 1 should've been the introduction.

(And damn, that bull***** bully arc.....)

• Like 1