Star Wars: Episode VII Cast Announced

The cast of Star Wars: Episode VII has been announced at last!

45d83520-cfbe-11e3-bd26-471f77fad708_sta

April 29th, Pinewood Studios, UK - Writer/Director/Producer J.J Abrams (top center right) at the cast read-through of Star Wars Episode VII at Pinewood Studios with (clockwise from right) Harrison Ford, Daisy Ridley, Carrie Fisher, Peter Mayhew, Producer Bryan Burk, Lucasfilm President and Producer Kathleen Kennedy, Domhnall Gleeson, Anthony Daniels, Mark Hamill, Andy Serkis, Oscar Isaac, John Boyega, Adam Driver and Writer Lawrence Kasdan. Copyright and Photo Credit: David James. -StarWars.Com Ref.

The Cast for Star Wars: Episode VII

Mark Hamill -Luke Skywalker

Harrison Ford -Han Solo

Peter Mayhew -Chewbacca

Carrie Fisher -Princess Leia

Anthony Daniels -C-3PO

Kenny Baker -R2-D2

Daisy Ridley -New Cast Member

Andy Serkis -New Cast Member

Max Von Sydow -New Cast Member

Domhnall Gleeson -New Cast Member

Oscar Isaac -New Cast Member

John Boyega -New Cast Member

Adam Driver -New Cast Member

Bryan Burk -Producer 

Lawrence Kasdan -Writer

Kathleen Kennedy -Lucasfilm President and Producer

JJ Abrams, the director of the upcoming film, had this to say on the official announcement of the cast:

"We are so excited to finally share the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII. It is both thrilling and surreal to watch the beloved original cast and these brilliant new performers come together to bring this world to life, once again. We start shooting in a couple of weeks, and everyone is doing their best to make the fans proud."

Star Wars: Episode VII premiers December 18, 2015.

What do you think of this cast? Do any of these members in particular excite you? 

Be sure to let us know in the comments below.

SOURCE:STARWARS.COM

• Like 4

BZ I made my point wrong....

What Is now know as SW Episode 4 and 5 was a collaboration George has multiple people working on it and giving their thoughts and he put their thoughts into the movie but in episode 6 power hungry do it himself George started to come in and so Ewoks were born.

1 , 2 and 3 was Georges work solely not like 4 and 5 and bits of 6 were a collaboration. :)

"Also contrary to popular belief the prequels were visually stunning for their respective times"

Yes the effect used the prequels were very good ( although I think used wayyyyyy to much ) And the ideas of the prequel movies were good but that was it.

The Episode 1 , 2 and 3 novels are much better than the films in that regard because the give reasons to stuff that made no sense in the films and make terrible or unlikeable characters good. For example in ROTS Anakin was very unlikeable but in the novel his is more likeable and not only that it gives reasons why he is like up and it builds up to it as you see Palpatine slowly manipulating Anakin unlike the films, in the films Anakin seemed good at one moment and then a second later turns into a sith lord and storms the Jedi temple  but as said above in the novel it builds up and the build up of the dark side in Anakin from the very start is not only makes sense but seems real.

Sorry to rant off but my point was....

The prequels were mostly George Lucas work he came up with the ideas and put them in....

While Episodes 4 5 and parts of 6 were a collaboration unlike George going more or less solo in the prequels the originals were made by a team not a single person...

For example....

In episode 5 ( Arguably the best film and the film that George Lucas had the least to do with ) George planned right before Han solo was frozen in Cloud city he was supposed so say I love you.

But the Team George worked with did not approve and so it was changed to.

"I know" < Fits more with Hans character

While writing episode 2 Hayden asked George if he could make Anakin less whiney and more likeable but George refused and guess what Anakin in episode 2 was very unlikeable.

Another rant off but the point is or what I ma trying to make it that whenever George Lucas works on SW most of the time it is for the worst. :)

For example episode 5 was a amazing film and many fans say  episode 5 is the best SW film and episode 5 was the film George did the least in.

Edited by Caboose the Ace

"Also contrary to popular belief the prequels were visually stunning for their respective times"

Yes the effect used the prequels were very good ( although I think used wayyyyyy to much ) And the ideas of the prequel movies were good but that was it.

The Episode 1 , 2 and 3 novels are much better than the films in that regard because the give reasons to stuff that made no sense in the films and make terrible or unlikeable characters good. For example in ROTS Anakin was very unlikeable but in the novel his is more likeable and not only that it gives reasons why he is like up and it builds up to it as you see Palpatine slowly manipulating Anakin unlike the films, in the films Anakin seemed good at one moment and then a second later turns into a sith lord and storms the Jedi temple  but as said above in the novel it builds up and the build up of the dark side in Anakin from the very start is not only makes sense but seems real.

The prequels were mostly George Lucas work he came up with the ideas and put them in....

While Episodes 4 5 and parts of 6 were a collaboration unlike George going more or less solo in the prequels the originals were made by a team not a single person...

For example....

In episode 5 ( Arguably the best film and the film that George Lucas had the least to do with ) George planned right before Han solo was frozen in Cloud city he was supposed so say I love you.

While writing episode 2 Hayden asked George if he could make Anakin less whiney and more likeable but George refused and guess what Anakin in episode 2 was very unlikeable.

Another rant off but the point is or what I ma trying to make it that whenever George Lucas works on SW most of the time it is for the worst. :)

For example episode 5 was a amazing film and many fans say  episode 5 is the best SW film and episode 5 was the film George did the least in.

I don't know what your talking about Caboose. To me ALL the movies were great. The prequels especially. Loved Episode III.

Looking forward to see what they'll do fer 7, 8, and 9. :)

• Like 1

The Episode 1 , 2 and 3 novels are much better than the films in that regard because the give reasons to stuff that made no sense in the films and make terrible or unlikeable characters good. For example in ROTS Anakin was very unlikeable but in the novel his is more likeable and not only that it gives reasons why he is like up and it builds up to it as you see Palpatine slowly manipulating Anakin unlike the films, in the films Anakin seemed good at one moment and then a second later turns into a sith lord and storms the Jedi temple but as said above in the novel it builds up and the build up of the dark side in Anakin from the very start is not only makes sense but seems real.

While Episodes 4 5 and parts of 6 were a collaboration unlike George going more or less solo in the prequels the originals were made by a team not a single person...

For example....

Another rant off but the point is or what I ma trying to make it that whenever George Lucas works on SW most of the time it is for the worst. :)

For example episode 5 was a amazing film and many fans say episode 5 is the best SW film and episode 5 was the film George did the least in.

I'm not in any way saying the prequels were perfect, but they didn't "suck." They were good movies and fun to watch.

Episode V was great, had the Battle of Hoth, the discovery of Darth Vader's true identity, and Luke's journey to be a Jedi. Episode V is considered by most to be the greatest Star Wars film, and while George Lucas did have little to do with the film, he still wrote the movie.

Also, the team you keep talking about, they didn't exist. No team decided Han Solo should say "I know." What happened was after shooting the scene many times and not getting the 'feel' that was wanted, Harrison Ford said "I know." Everybody loved it yadayada, no team changed it to that.

• Like 2

Now, I grew up on the Prequel Trilogy first, so maybe it's different for me, but I enjoy them, especially Episodes II and III, considering how much I adore the concept of Clone Troopers. Their mythos was even explored later on personally with a whole animated show dedicated to them, which today is still one of my favorite Cartoon Network shows of all time.

Now, back unto the list, while it's awesome to see them returning, I'm quite scared. Why am I scared? Well, Harrison Ford isn't the feisty young rebel he was when we remember him. He's much older now, and that might depress a lot of fans to see their favorites like that in a SW movie.

• Like 1

BZ no George original did decide for Han to say I"I love you"

But Harrison ford along with the Team did not agree and they got it changed to "I know" go look it up.

SW is almost always better when George is not involved

But I am glad that episode 7 is a collaboration and George is in another galaxy far far away from this movie. :)

Edited by Caboose the Ace

If any one of you can remember going to the actual movies to see Episode IV, V or VI, then your viewpoint is valid. If not, stfu.

Empire was the best of the trilogy, I saw it with my dad. Second, this team you keep mentioning......every movie producer/director has a team. As for some official team that coyld pressure or change direction without Lucas' go ahead, thats what we call an unconfirmed myth. Unless Lucas himself can publically vouche for that it means nothing. Its like the age old battle of who shot first, Han or Gredo. We all know Gredo shot first...

Anyway, moving on post VI, V and VI I cant see anything involving JJ being a good thing. He destroyed Star Trek, and is concidered by most, the most horrible ST movies ever released. Think I'll pass on this one. They will end up turning SW into Transformers and ST....big pieces of non linear bull****!

• Like 1

Mark Hamill as Joker > Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker.

But seriously I'm really surprised that the original cast will be reprising their roles in the movie. 

As for my viewpoints on JJ Abrams. I love the guy's work and I think he's a sci fi genius. I mean Lost? Do I need to say anymore? Yea he broke the story behind Star Trek but I thought both were great movies probably because I'm too young to have watched the original series or The Next Generation.