Two games to different platforms

Unease Peanut

Two games might be released on different platforms

We'll start of with Mass Effect

MElogo.png

The Mass Effect Trilogy might be one of the greatest adventures you'd ever see.

The endless ways in which Shepard could deal with everything makes this popular under fans and gives the game great replay value.

So great, they might even release it on the next-gen consoles Xbox One and PS4

Now I can hear you thinking

'But P34nut, I've heard nothing about this and surely this would've made everybody go nuts. Where did you get this from?!?!?'

Well, a webstore located in Chile names Zmart has put up the Mass Effect Trilogy for sale on the next-gen platforms.

Pictures down here:

106379.jpg

106380.jpg

There's no release date yet and untill EA releases some more details we shouldn't get our hopes up just yet.

But what IF this would happen.

Would you buy it?

Now onto Destiny

(Yes I know... So much Destiny this week!)

Destiny_box_art.png

The game Destiny will be released on the platforms Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3 and PS4.

And people have been shouting from the top of their lungs

'WHY ISN'T THIS COMING TO PC?!?!?'

And Bungie responded.

Bungie is creating the game on all 4 platforms themselves.

(Unlike Titanfall dev's Respawn who let a different company create the Xbox 360 version)

And this ofcourse quite the effort.

It isn't that simple to make the PC version next to the current platforms, although they wish it were.

They also stated that the idea of making a PC version isn't completely scrapped.

They just don't have the time for it now.

If a PC version were to be released, would you buy it?

As always leave answers and comments down below!

Thanks for reading! :D

Sources:

http://nl.ign.com/news/8891/mass-effect-trilogy-op-komst-voor-next-gen-consoles

http://nl.ign.com/news/8897/destiny-misschien-nog-naar-de-pc

• Like 2

I can completely understand why the PC version of Destiny would be difficult to do at this time.  When Destiny's development started, they were working on PS3 and 360 hardware as the basis for the project.  because of the architecture differences, a PC platform title for it would have required more time and effort to do.  Now, "downgrading" as I call it, to the newer x86 architecture for the PS4 and XB1 was a much simpler task because the two platforms ultimately utilize the same architecture making it a sort of 2-in-1 platform adjustment.  Adjusting the code and compiled resources compatible with the myriad of PC hardware configurations possible, just takes too damn long to see a PC version right now.

Bungie is a very smart development company, and if we have seen anything from Activision, it's that they like to capitalize on multiple platforms.  It's feesable to assume that once the initial launch and support wave for the game is initialized, that a team will form to port the title to PC.  Albeit this is likely to not happen in 2014, and we would most likely see a PC version in Spring or late Winter of 2015.  The only advantage I can see in having a PC port so late, is that we the modding community will be able to hack and gut the Tiger/Destiny Engine on the PS4 and XB1 so that we have a good understanding of the formats and engine mechanics.  This will allow a huge leap of things to be done on the PC side once we get our hands on it.  Objects such as models, sounds, effects etc, are fundamentally the same format.  The PC counterparts would likely only have different paddings, reversed layout structure and so forth.  here's hoping for a PC port!!!

• Like 1