UNSC Warlord Chapter 4

Fishy

Have you seen Chapter 3 yet? http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/34498-unsc-warlord-chapter-3/

~Chapter 4: Change of Plans~

“Right this way everyone.” Moth said.

“I wonder what the Commander wants? Mybe another mission or a new squad member?” Paladin questioned.

“Oh god no. I couldn't stand getting another new member after the last one,”said Architect. Alex glared at him. “Hehe. Maybe not the most recent one...”

Moth ignored everyone and announced, “Alright, here we are; the Commander's expecting all of you.” Moth then walked up onto the stage and stood beside the Commander.

“What's with the new guy?” Sarge said, confused.

The Commander took a firm position before she spoke, “He is my Second-in-Command. Anyways, that's not important. What's important is that I have two missions for all of you. Separate missions in fact. I'm splitting your team into two for now.”

Alex responded before it sank into Sarge, “What do you mean by splitting?”

The Commander looked as if she was tired and getting irritated by all the events going on. So she just came out and told them what she was intending, “I mean your team is splitting in two. One team is consisted of Spartans. The other is consisted of the rest. Is that clear enough for you?” She lost a little temper on her last remark.

“Sounds clear as water, mam.” Osiris stepped up and said. Mostly because the team leaders tried to get over the fact they just blew their Commander's top.

“Good, Moth. Tell him to come in and bring everyone's items.” The Commander barked her order's at Moth as if he might as well not even be in the room.

“Yes mam.” Moth opened the door. “Bring them in!”

The soldier walked into the room and dropped a bag full of equipment on the floor. “Here you go.” The soldier said, the began gave out a really bad cough. He almost choked there for a second, but managed to save himself.

The team ran over and grabbed the equipment of their choice, all except Alex; whom just stood there and watched everyone grab from drop shield to jet pack to holograms. The Commander smiled and thanked the soldier, “Thank you Dumby.”

Everyone stopped in their tracks. No one talked. No one moved. No one could not believe what they just heard. After five minutes of silence, Sarge spoke up. “Dumby, is that really you? No, it can't be. You talked. You can't talk. Not after that accident that happened three year's ago. You're dead, you gotta. There's no other way, we saw your vitals. You had no heart beat, everything in your body just stopped.”

The soldier smiled, “Indeed, I am Dumby. Problem is, I didn't die. In fact, I was in a heavily induced coma.” He paused. “When that pipeline exploded, it slammed me into the wall hitting my head hard enough to knock me out for four days. In fact, I hit so hard I was basically stated as dead due to the fact my body slowed down so low it bypassed the readings.”

“Alright alright. Enough of the emotions. Get to moving, you all have your orders.” Moth barked. Which then everyone just left the room and departed to the bay. He waited a few minutes, then pulled out his headset. “Yes, we're ready Commander... Yes... Now?... Alright, will do mam.” He put the headset back in his pocket. Moth walked over to the monitor and pushed in the slip-space keys.

They were going to to Arcadia.

Several hours later on the slip-space trip, Dumby asked, “Where's Destroyer?”

Sarge stumbled over his seat. “He's dead, got shot in the head by an insurrectionist back on Reach.”

“Oh. I miss that guy. He was stupid at times, but I miss him. I mean, he did whine a lot when I last saw him.” Dumby said, not caring much.

A few more hours past, everyone on board fast asleep. When suddenly the ship came to a halt. Although, it did not disturb anyone, Sarge arose from his sleep and stretched. “Oh...” He stretched as far as he could. “Man that feels good.” He woke the rest of the team. “Come on everyone. Get up!”

They all rose, and immediately noticed they were above Harvest. The Spirit of Fire and other member's of Commander Cole's military fleet were nearby. “Alright, lets go. We know what to do.” Alex stated.

The troopers boarded the pelican: Cajun, Architect, Doc, Sarge, Alex, Paladin, Osiris, Dumby, and Phoenix. Sarge gave the order, “Alright, lets go. Our objective is to get down there and clear the landing zone so our evac shuttles can get in and get out with the civilians. We may have lost Harvest, but Arcadia could be next.” Cajun started up the pelican.

Alex loaded his team into his Pelican: Biggles, Jack of Harts, Archangel, and Bek. “Alright everyone, please be prepared. We are going to try and see what the covenant are up to. We're going in deep. Spirit of Fire have said they see a purple dome. They have prototype plasma rhinos. Our job is to secure one of the sides. They have the other side. Is that clear?” They all shouted in unison, “Yes sir!” Alex just smiled at them from behind his visor, “Good. Then let's go.” He started up the pelican and immediately took off.

Right as Sarge was about to lift off he heard a marine call, “Hey wait up for me, bud!” The marine jumped into the pelican. Err, no not a Marine. It was an ODST.

Paladin called out at the ODST, “Who are you?”

The ODST responded as he took a seat. “Name's Fauz. Don't you remember me? From Reach?”

“I remember you. Doesn't mean I like.” Osiris spat.

The Pelican then descended slowly towards the once luxurious city of Arcadia. While at the same moment a Covenant flagship flew in with its fleet.

~End of Chapter 4~

Do you want to take part in this fan made amazing story, join here: http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/34457-sign-up-your-call/

What's your thoughts on what happens next? What do you think about the return of Dumby? Ready for some fun?

• Like 4

Psst... Fishy.... You've got a double paragraph near the top, when it explains how Dumby survived. Other than that, good work Fish

My bad, must've been a copy and paste transfer error. Thanks

What happened to Dumby isn't even humanly possible but I like it!

:D

If he had his helmet off at the time like Doc and Destroyer, then yes he would've survived. Though it remains impossible for humans, he's still lucky.

:o plot twist if Dumby can survive that and SGT Johnson can survive being blown up on a Halo ring ! Destroyer can survive a bullet ! :)

( Maybe extract his brain and make it into a AI or something like that ) ]

Hmm. True, you don't necessarily die from headshots. You could've lived, but your head was left out exposed to infection. So it's not very likely.

Fishey 3 ideas....

1 They extract my brain and make it into a AI ? 

2 If the flood come into this story they infect my body ( I think flood can Infect dead bodies )

3 A even better plot twist than Dumbeys survival Destroyer was a robot / android

:)

Edited by Caboose the Ace

Excellent chapter. This opens up the upcoming mission in Chapter 5 which I'm looking forward to. Happy to see Dumby's back, even tougher than ever. He'll make the Team even stronger. Great work Fishy, and as always-keep it up.

:o plot twist if Dumby can survive that and SGT Johnson can survive being blown up on a Halo ring ! Destroyer can survive a bullet ! :)

( Maybe extract his brain and make it into a AI or something like that ) ]

He was not on the Halo Ring when it blew up. He had escaped to space in a Pelican along with Corporal Locklear, Lieutenant Haverson, and Warrant Officer Polaski.

I thought you'd realise this was an Easter Egg so i didn't bother mentioning it. It's an easter egg that can only be seen by completing Halo: Combat Evolved's Campaign on Legendary. It can be Co-op or Solo. You should try it sometime.

Edit: And it's UNSC Spartan-II, there's a dash. ;)

Edited by UNSC Spartan-II