A rant, I really need your thoughts......

Sniper0092

I am frustrated. Not with you guys. I have a Deviantart account. I have been there for 2 years, yet I am underrated. So, naturally I want more respect and try to get others to see me. There are fourms, so I went there. I talked about how staff give out daily drawings and stuff to show on the front page, I talked about how I suggested myself a few times.
For some reason, the replies were mostly negative.....I was made fun of for my art, I was called shellfish or an flower just because I have a high ego.
SO what? What the flower is wrong with a high ego? What's wrong with taking pride for your own stuff?! Lots of people have that kind of respect. Someone said my stuff was "Not that level" Well I like my stuff! Screw you flower princesses you don't have to be freaking jerks! I didn't say that, I held in my anger.
Why is it that it is considered wrong to respect yourself? I understand I am not the best manga artist but come the hell on.

Do you think I am wrong? I really hate Deviantart many times............... :crybaby:

Edited by Sniper0092
Removed bad language

First off, think of where this is coming from.  Deviant Art, or as I like to call it, "Fan Boy wanna be artist who uses Photoshop to manipulate **** art into cool stuff so STFUOMFG"- Ville.

Sites like Deviant Art have become nothing more than self righteous sess-pools of "Better than everyone" artists.  My big point is, if your still on sites like Deviant Art and not making a serious living off your ****, then get the **** over yourself, you suck at art then!.

I'm not saying this is you Sniper, I'm just trying to give you a little perspective as someone who was around on the internet well before anything past 27kbps dialup, and sites like Deviant Art.  Forget about them.  If you want to get your art out there and promoted, look no further than Youtube and hosting your own site.  You'd be better off.

I can't relate to you, since I have a very different personality on how I present my art, but I can understand.

DA is a good place to show art, like you have been doing, and also what Twin said is absolutely true, loads of people just manipulate art with Photoshop and claim it as their own, so it gets a bad name.

High ego is where you're going wrong, I find it's best to be modest with anything. I'm apparently talented with art, but I never show off or act really good about it. I point out all the flaws myself to others to demonstrate that I have a willingness to improve and show that I know I'm not the best.

Being proud of your art work is good, a happy display you give out from your pleasure with art is always good. But taking it too far annoys people, and having massive egos always turns people off and that causes nasty remarks like you experienced.

When you put your art online, you're asking for any opinions, fantastic or horrible. You're not always going to get the ones you want, I myself usually get people loving my work, so that's why I made a thread earlier in the year asking for everyone to absolutely bash it and nitpick everything they found wrong. I didn't take that badly either, I wanted to improve, and negatives comments is the best way for me to do that.

So I suggest, just either tone down your ego a little, or not give a crap about people say.

I can't relate to you, since I have a very different personality on how I present my art, but I can understand.

DA is a good place to show art, like you have been doing, and also what Twin said is absolutely true, loads of people just manipulate art with Photoshop and claim it as their own, so it gets a bad name.

High ego is where you're going wrong, I find it's best to be modest with anything. I'm apparently talented with art, but I never show off or act really good about it. I point out all the flaws myself to others to demonstrate that I have a willingness to improve and show that I know I'm not the best.

Being proud of your art work is good, a happy display you give out from your pleasure with art is always good. But taking it too far annoys people, and having massive egos always turns people off and that causes nasty remarks like you experienced.

When you put your art online, you're asking for any opinions, fantastic or horrible. You're not always going to get the ones you want, I myself usually get people loving my work, so that's why I made a thread earlier in the year asking for everyone to absolutely bash it and nitpick everything they found wrong. I didn't take that badly either, I wanted to improve, and negatives comments is the best way for me to do that.

So I suggest, just either tone down your ego a little, or not give a crap about people say.

What I'd suggest is asking for constructive criticism and toning down the ego, that way people would respect you more and be more friendly towards you and offer you advice so you could improve.

First off, think of where this is coming from.  Deviant Art, or as I like to call it, "Fan Boy wanna be artist who uses Photoshop to manipulate **** art into cool stuff so STFUOMFG"- Ville.

Sites like Deviant Art have become nothing more than self righteous sess-pools of "Better than everyone" artists.  My big point is, if your still on sites like Deviant Art and not making a serious living off your ****, then get the **** over yourself, you suck at art then!.

I'm not saying this is you Sniper, I'm just trying to give you a little perspective as someone who was around on the internet well before anything past 27kbps dialup, and sites like Deviant Art.  Forget about them.  If you want to get your art out there and promoted, look no further than Youtube and hosting your own site.  You'd be better off.

Thanks guys.

Showing pride and being an arrogant prick is very close of a line. Show some humbleness and modesty. There's waaaay more than once on this forum that somebody was 'prideful' but appeared like a big ###### in my face, and no matter how much I sugarcoat my words,behind the screen I want to punch them in their face.

Your question: what's wrong with a high ego can be answered simply as the high ego. Nobody likes it, especially if they think that you are undeserving of it.

Showing pride and being an arrogant prick is very close of a line. Show some humbleness and modesty. There's waaaay more than once on this forum that somebody was 'prideful' but appeared like a big ###### in my face, and no matter how much I sugarcoat my words,behind the screen I want to punch them in their face.

Your question: what's wrong with a high ego can be answered simply as the high ego. Nobody likes it, especially if they think that you are undeserving of it.

Not like I was being mean. I won't show off as much, but one thing won't change: I will never be afraid of saying I am good at something, nothing wrong with it. People are confusing at times -_-