Next Halo should be Halo Wars 2 Not Halo 5

BrandNewClassic

I seriously think Halo Wars 2 needs to be the next Halo title because let's face it... Halo 5 is a make or break game. If Halo 5 fails, no one will buy Halo 6, and Halo will die.

So if 343 hooks up with Ensemble Studios for Halo Wars 2, fans will love it, and it will allow more time to fine tune H5. What I think H5 needs is the best graphics anyone has ever seen, and some fresh new elements while sticking close to the old halo feel... idk.

I seriously doubt Halo 2 anniversary will come out because it's stupid. The purpose of the 1st Halo anniversary was to celebrate the release of Halo. That's it. If they continue on to Halo anniversary 2... then there'd be Halo anniversary 3, ODST, Wars, Reach, 4, while coming out with H5, H6. It's stupid.

Lastly, I have small evidence as to why a Halo Wars 2 may be the next Halo title. Megablocks has a new UNSC toy that's related to the Locusts in Halo wars. Why would they make that? Watch it here:

Halo Wars 2 is a terrible idea for these short reasons.

Halo Wars was a terrible game regarded by most people who played it, it still to this day has the most second hand copies sold in percentage to copies original sold for any Halo title.

The multiplayer system never peaked to half the peaks that even Halo Reach managed a couple years after it was released.

There is actually no reason to make a sequel, if you want an RTS, get Halo Spartan Assault.

Finally, they're focused on getting one game one already, and with H2A a possibly second game, they're putting useless resources into that game by itself. They should be putting all the effort they can just into Halo 5.

Halo Wars 2 is a terrible idea for these short reasons.

Halo Wars was a terrible game regarded by most people who played it, it still to this day has the most second hand copies sold in percentage to copies original sold for any Halo title.

The multiplayer system never peaked to half the peaks that even Halo Reach managed a couple years after it was released.

There is actually no reason to make a sequel, if you want an RTS, get Halo Spartan Assault.

Finally, they're focused on getting one game one already, and with H2A a possibly second game, they're putting useless resources into that game by itself. They should be putting all the effort they can just into Halo 5.

no reason to make a sequel? Just curious, have you played Halo wars campaign at all?

The Locust and its UNSC equivalent may make an appearance in Halo 5, since the Storm Covenant may have salvaged some Locusts from earlier battles. The UNSC could have done the same and reverse-engineered it to make their own version.

In terms of games, it'd be better if 343 focused on one game at a time to make them the best they can possibly be. Since Halo Wars wasn't a stellar RTS, I'd imagine making a sequel would be a lower priority than Halo 5 or Halo 2 Anniversary (if the latter even exists).

I think a sequel is a good idea but the game has to be revised there are too much unbalanced elements. Why the heck are UNSC units stronger than Covenant units? Sure the Covenant has leaders but failure to use them effectively just ruins the game for new players. Also, Covenant leaders are too over powered at the start of a game so they can rush at newbies and defeat them instantly.

If the creators got Halo wars 2 right then I'm sure I'll buy it but really, they should prioritize Halo 5. They should get another company to make Halo wars 2. Maybe find a famous RTS game company?

Considering my hate for the game I am just a little bit bias. My two cents say absolutely not for another Halo Wars game.

There is no question that it is arguably the best RTS on a console, yet that doesn't say much. Every RTS on the console is so limited in micro management skills, poor controls... so on and so on. Yes I know those are personal perspectives. Halo Wars didn't even come close to solving these issue, they even took away the strategy of building placement.

My opinion is to make Halo wars 2 on the PC and Halo 5 on the console. It will be more reasonable because we NEED to know about the story, I love the story behind the Halo series. Even though I do love matchmaking as well but the story line needs to be in progress at all times. When the story ends, then they will stop creating Halo.