Halo reach betrayal system is dumb

Warlord0520

I get betrayed twice by the same guy and it won't let me boot him in big team battle. Yet I betray him once and it gives him the chance to boot me from the game once I'm carrying our team with 30 kills. Is there a way to get past this knowing how u can kill someone and not get booted? As in, when someone betrays me at a certain time they know they can't get booted. It's like they know they can't get booted at certain times of the game idk. It's just really frustrating. And the only times it lets me boot people is when my team kills me on accident. But when they kill me on purpose they have to do it 2 times for me to boot them. In this case I was tired of him shooting me so I shot him once not realizing his shield was broken and it killed him resulting in me getting booted from the game:(

I'm just curious about when people can get booted or is it random. Thanks

The betrayal system is tricky. Basically, if the game indicates the player action is in response to a certain proximity of an enemy, the game disregards it as a mistake. I am unsure as the actual distance needed to specify an accident, but as Im quite sure you found out, when you betray your teammate and no enemy is anywhere near you, you can be booted.

Best advice I can give you is to file a feedback report to minimize any future chances of being paired with the player. The betrayal system is not perfect, nor is there ever going to be a perfect one.

• Like 2

Yeah Twin sums it up pretty good.

I think Betrayal should be taken out altogether. Save it for customs where shenanigans rein supreme, and where raging is slightly less likely to happen.

That'd just be amazing for trolls though, they'd just betray and there's 100% nothing you can do about it.

• Like 1

Yeah the betrayal system in Halo:reach is quite frustrating. Mainly because I get betrayed numrous times and no option to boot, I betray somebody with a ghost wreck that flew all the way across the map when I lasered it and I get booted. It seems that there are people out there who don't care that it was an acciden and mash X as soon as they hear 'Betrayal'

The betrayal system is tricky. Basically, if the game indicates the player action is in response to a certain proximity of an enemy, the game disregards it as a mistake. I am unsure as the actual distance needed to specify an accident, but as Im quite sure you found out, when you betray your teammate and no enemy is anywhere near you, you can be booted.

Best advice I can give you is to file a feedback report to minimize any future chances of being paired with the player. The betrayal system is not perfect, nor is there ever going to be a perfect one.

Dammit i should've known this from common sense omg

I'm such an idiot.....I would have abused this to no end, at least before in-game chat decided to slit it's own throat.

Another thing to add is that, IIRC 3 betrayals = the chance to boot. Any more betrayals and the option to boot shows up as well.

The probem is, Bungie and 343 thought that we would all be mature enough to handle friendly fire being turned off. Big mistake! Especially when you combine standard gameplay with the exceptional long list of game type commendations. The commendation system in a way, turned MM into a free for all, forcing players to have to backstab teammates, just to afford opportunities to get the commendations.

This is why the Rank system of Halo 2 worked so well. It promoted teamwork to level up outside of Rumble Pit. Now, we have Rumble Pit mentality on team based objectives, just so you can get ahead on your own service record.

• Like 1