Is It Now Bungie vs. 343i?

Silent Orbis

Hey everyone. In the midst of everything Halo/Destiny happening, a thought passed through my mind. Bungie is OVER with Halo, and they're focusing on their new flagship - Destiny. Honestly, Destiny looks amazing. I can't wait for the loot and cool weapons, and it just looks so good... Almost too good. Yep. I actually am getting my attention drawn away from Halo 5 and am more pumped for Destiny. And, what reason isn't there to? I mean Bungie is still the reason we ever had Halo. And now I realize that maybe that's what Bungie wants. Maybe it's just some passive aggressive tactic. So, what do you guys think?

• Like 1

You really can't get excited for something you haven't seen nor heard about, I mean I couldn't at least. The future of Halo is hush hush until June. Destiny has given you gameplay videos and vidocs, and you know much more about it, so it's natural to get pumped. With Halo, all we've seen is Master Chief walking through a desert and meeting a metallic bird...How can I get excited if that's all I've seen? It'll become more exciting when we get more details.

• Like 1

Indeed Destiny does look awesome. All of the weapons are so cool, the setup, characters. Everything. But i'm not sure it will beat Halo 5 in the long run. Of course they are trying to compete, I mean Bungie used to be the Halo creator and he made them all so good. Then he moved on, now he wants to accomplish something else i guess. I think that Halo 5 will be better, because 343 knows what we want. Plus they have already made one game, and learned what to do and what not to do. Sure Destiny will be popular, but will it be as popular as Halo 5? It's possible .. Thanks for posting Silent :D!

Edited by тυcкєя
  • Like 1

Bungie has nothing to worry about... Destiny is for both consoles. Even if they self half as many copies as Halo on Xbox, I'm sure all the Playstationers are going to buy an equivalent amount, since we all know they have been craving for a Bungie game since Halos Inception.... Bungie has nothing to worry about....a majority of 343is employees are technically Bungie anyway..

At the E3 gameplay trailer, what they presented wasn't the final resolution of the gamer needless to say. It was in a 'pre-alpha' state build, meaning that they had two more sets of major upgrades until it reached commercial levels. Additionally, during the 'uncut' version of the trailer, Bungie announced that the entire scenery was playable.(Which they showed by panning the screen across the background)

The distance seemed to be roughly the size of Whiterun territory in Skyrim (based on this map: http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=skyrim+map&id=892EB3661420F566BDA748DC3F1CBD8FCA91E4AE&FORM=IQFRBA#view=detail&id=2196E398643E3D1117A0DAC46957743C2046A576&selectedIndex=6 )

That space only makes up a fraction of the content. Many of the planets in the solar system and their moons are also explorable.  

Better understanding of the size of Destiny is here(recent article): http://news.softpedia.com/news/Destiny-s-World-Is-Huge-but-Comparisons-Can-t-Be-Drawn-438473.shtml

I doubt that Destiny will kill off Halo. Destiny doesn't express the same over-arching interest in arena style game-play as Halo does, even with their apparent consideration of its dynamics. Destiny also sports a qualitatively different type of gameplay, that is diluted with myriads of other functions that even 343 strays away from. 343's halo will have a cleaner interface than Bungie even with AA's and ordinances, which will keep fans active.  

MoreConsole covers Destiny information extensively in his Youtube channel...