UNSC Warlord Prologue

Fishy

The Prologue...

Deep in the outer colonies, there was stationed a UNSC ship. She was not just any UNSC ship either, she was a Phoenix-Class Colony Ship. They called her: The UNSC Warlord. The ships current duty was to take back control of Harvest, which was not a great situation at the moment. Warlord was outnumber 4-1 against enemy forces on the ground, but that wasn't going to stop them. The commander called for a special force to help out the marine stragglers down there. These fellows were known as: ODST 1st division.

The Commander stood tall and proud and announced, “Alright. Sarge, Dumby, Paladin, and Destroyer. You are all being sent to Hell. I want each one of you prepped and ready in 5. Do you hear?”

All of them, except Dumby replied saying “Sir, yes sir!” Dumby just nodded his head in agreement. They all knew exactly what they were being called for.

~5 Minutes Later~

“Are you guys ready?” Asked the Commander, rhetorically. Who then walked up to the podium.

“We are.” Replied Sarge.

“Good, you know the plan. If you forgot, it's in your COMS that you have installed in your VISR. Now good luck ODST's, may he be with you.” Right then, the Commander punched the launch keys in on the screen and all 4 ODST's were sent in.

~4 Hours Later~

“Uhhhh...” Said Destroyer over the network. Who then ejected himself out of his pod. “Where are we?”

Sarge then punched in over the network, “Destroyer is that you? What is your location?”

Destroyer responded, “Not sure, looks like I'm at the bottom of a cliff. Where are you all at?”

A couple minutes later Paladin answered Destroyer's question, “Never mind that, I think we see you. We'll be down there in a bit. Dumby over here has got our network fixed in so we can now communicate with the outpost.”

As they descended down to get Destroyer, everything got really quiet. All the returning fire sounded like it had finally seized. As they approached Destroyer and got him out, the noise returned. Actually, it wasn't just any noise. It was the sound of bugs. Dumby whipped out his SSMG at the exact same time Sarge leveled up his shotgun. Paladin had just pulled Destroyer out of the drop pod when all of a sudden two drones flew up and picked him up and carried him away.

Paladin yelled back at them, “Shoot! Shoot one of these damn things! Come on you guys! Shoot!” Just as the Destroyer got his Battle Rifle pulled up to shoot, he was gone around the corner. They had lost him.

Then all of a sudden, they heard two loud single shots. Startled by the shots, the three ODST's ran over to where Paladin had gone. Sure enough, the drones were dead and Paladin was struggling to get up.

Paladin, while coughing, “I can...'t believe you thr...ee are ODS...T's! You all can't shoot worth a crap!”

Sarge, angrily, responded saying “ Whatever. Who the hell saved you? Friendly or Foe?”

Right as Paladin opened his mouth someone walked in smiling and said, “Friendly. If I was foe, there would've only been one shot.”

Right then, they all raised there weapons at him, with Sarge questioning, “Who the hell are you!?”

Smiling, the stranger replied “Names Nut, or as what everyone else calls me, then I go by Doc. Why, what's it to you?”

Paladin: “We're on our way to the outpost. We were dropped in as a last resort from an orbiting Colony Cruiser, known as the UNSC Warlord.”

Doc: “Oh, I see. You boys here to help us, huh?”

Sarge: “Yeah, what's it to ya?”

Doc: “Nothin', just follow me.”

As the team of five walked their way to the outpost, they encountered nothing except muskrats, cows, and goats. All they could hear were the distant shots of firearms, and every now and then a covenant cannon.

As they approached the outpost, Doc looked over his shoulder and said, “Come here, I wanna show you someone.” He walked into the medical bay past wounded and dead soldiers and into the armory with the four ODST's following close behind. Sarge taking leader position.

As they walked into the armory they heard somebody exclaim, “Are you serious! Why are the controls not working? I could have sworn I had everything figured out to help us get the hell out of here. But I guess this won't do any good not working.” Which then they threw it at the wall. Which made Dumby jump and drop his knife.

“Who is it now?”

“Just the Doc and reinforcements from Warlord. Don't worry, we're not going to kill you Osiris.”

“Good, I hope not. Otherwise you guy's aren't getting the hell out of here.” Osiris said while getting up and walking over to them.

Destroyer quickly asked as Osiris walked up “What's with the smiley face?” Dumby shook his head in agreement with the question.

Osiris scoffed back “What's it to ya?”

Destroyer replied, while backing up, “Just wanted to know. I wasn't sure. Never seen someone do that before.”

Osiris looked at him and laughed, “Good, cause you don't get to know. Oh, and that's because you asked.”

It was Sarge's turn to take control of the conversation, “Anyways, Osiris. We're here to help you guy's fight off the covenant long enough to get the civilian shuttles launched and get evac pelicans to get us the hell out of here. Now, any idea where your Lieutenant is?

Osiris just smiled and said, “Yeah. He's either in Heaven or he's in Hell. If no that, he's out on the ground laying down taking a nap.”

Paladin questioned, “Why is he taking a nap in the middle of the war?”

Osiris burst out laughing, even Doc had a confused expression on his face, he finally caught himself enough air to explain, “Because the Lieutenant's dead!” He continued laughing.

Sarge: “Wait. What? Why?”

Osiris: “Nasty jackals shot him as he went out to get a better COM setup with local command. But I guess since you boy's are here we'll be just right. Anyways, if you follow me. I know exactly how we're going to get this mission done. It's going to be fun.”

They all followed him into the vehicle bay and saw something they've never seen before. Dumby even made what sounded like he said 'Holy crap'. All Osiris said was, “All right boys. Buckle up. We're going in...”

~End Prologue~

Chapter 1 is out! http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/34472-unsc-warlord-chapter-1/?p=312375

What do you guys think will happen next? Any ideas?

• Like 6

(Next? Well, From what I hear there is a jaw dropping vehicle, Never seen. Maybe a prototype of the Mammoth? Or maybe it is a vulture? I will take a good guess they have to round up some survivors since the Covenant are attacking.)

I love how you made my character a **** while at the same time having that special kind of smartass humor that is enjoyable. Excellent job Fish. I cant wait to see what Osiris has cooked up, probably something explosive.

Lol, let's just say you'll enjoy Chapter 1. Since that's all I can tell you for now.

This is great so far! good job.

So this is Pre-Halo 3 events right?

Also I'm loving the leader ship role, thanks for making my character look like a bad***!

Hey man, just a prologue, most prologue's are great. And I was debating on who to give the leadership role to. Since your name was Sarge it kinda helped.

But yes, it is pre-Halo 3 events.

• 8 months later...

Phoenix class colony ships suck. Autumn class is where its at.

I honestly don't think you see the point... Phoenix Class Colony ships aren't meant for an all out battle like the Recon Class... They're meant for smaller missions and extractions. I believe you read this, so in that case you would understand that that's exactly what is going on. I would not ever send a Recon Class cruiser to pick up a platoon. I would send a Phoenix Class, it makes more sense.