CONFIRMED: Next Halo is Incorporating armor abilities!!!!!!!

Rumerboy

I just read an online news article about leaked info on halo 4. Apparently people from 343 leaked that there will be armor abilities and the gap in time between halo 3 and 4 will explain why. I DO NOT WANT ARMOR ABILITIES. They're be good if they were used like equipment in halo 3 were you have to find them and they're only usable for a one-time go. What do you think?

http://www.gamercenteronline.net/2011/06/25/halo-4-to-incorporate-reach-elements/

Have you guys ever thought that equipment like jetpack or armor lock wasn't available during halo 1-3?

well im in utter disbelief that 343 would carry on Armor Abilities, having said that I agree with some other people's opinions like making them more evened out. Say you can only use a full burst of armor lock once every life (say you can only use once until you die, then you can use it once more, etc.) I just really takes away from what we used to know as halo... I honestly think 343 is just scared/worried that if they don't incorporate it, sales wouldn't be as good as they used to(even though I highly doubt it)... It's business people, and money... Too bad it can't be 100% passion and classic feel.... RiP Old Halo Play-style... RiP...

I just read an online news article about leaked info on halo 4. Apparently people from 343 leaked that there will be armor abilities and the gap in time between halo 3 and 4 will explain why. I DO NOT WANT ARMOR ABILITIES. And I don't not like them because of just armor lock, I hate the whole idea of them in general. They'd be good if they were used like equipment in halo 3 were you have to find them and they're only usable for a one-time go. Or just bring back equipment and forget the entire armor abilities thing. What do you think?

http://www.gamercenteronline.net/2011/06/25/halo-4-to-incorporate-reach-elements/

They need to use things like jet pack and drop shield. the other AAs took away the classic feel. They have the right to change up as longsas we will once again fall in love with it, but it needs to still feel Haloie (Lets get Haloie into the dictionary!)

I just read an online news article about leaked info on halo 4. Apparently people from 343 leaked that there will be armor abilities and the gap in time between halo 3 and 4 will explain why. I DO NOT WANT ARMOR ABILITIES. And I don't not like them because of just armor lock, I hate the whole idea of them in general. They'd be good if they were used like equipment in halo 3 were you have to find them and they're only usable for a one-time go. Or just bring back equipment and forget the entire armor abilities thing. What do you think?

ALL AA SUCKED IN ALL HALO YOU COULD NOT RUN BUT SINCE BUNGIE WANT HALO REACH MORE LIKE COD YOU COULD RUN. IT SHOULD BE EQUIPMENT NOT AA!!!!

Equipment>AA

Machinga with all due respect, I read that article. There is not one single word, much less a phrase that is a quote from any 343 Ind. employee or spokesperson. I will believe it when I hear it from 343 Ind. themselves, not before. An statement in an online publication does not mean anything is confirmed when they provide nothing to back up their claim.

Believe me, AA's are the last thing I want in the game. If there is some kind of a new advancement in the Chiefs armor that improves movement, strength, shielding, that is one thing. I am trying hard to only post information that is confirmed as accurate and from 343 Ind. We should all do the same.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I read a review a while back of Halo vs cod and it said that in cod, you can choose whatever weapons, perks, grenades, etc, that you want and spawn with it. That makes it totally uneven for the players. It also said that in Halo, every game, every player spawns with the same thing and its up to them to find the weapons they want as fast as possible. This makes the game totally even and fair. Now with armor abilities its kinda just like cod where people spawn unevenly and its unfair.

Well of course your going to see more people playing halo reach, Halo 3 is better but it's still nearly four years old and everyone is going to choose the new one over the old. Also, if they are going to include aa they should make it a pick up like everyone else has stated in this thread. Make it just like halo 3 pick ups, except with armor abilities you lose it once you die and you have to go look for it again once you respawn, if its not there... well your SOL =D. If they were to include armor lock into Halo 4, they would need to make it to where once your in it you have to wait for it to end so you cant just go in and come right back out immediately. Armor lock is definetly not balanced and one example of this is if you punch someone (whom you never knew had armor lock) and they immediatly go into armor lock it counters your punch making you lose all your shields and all they have to do is quickly exit armor lock and shoot you in the head, throw a grenade, or punch you right back... That's ridiculous.