Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Confirmed by Gearbox

The next hilarious run-and-gun title in the Borderlands franchise is confirmed by Gearbox named Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel.

Speculation around the Tales from the Borderlands title has been circulating for months, especially with GamePointsNow.com getting a hold of alleged info on the next Borderlands prequel, we now have confirmation. According to the official Borderlands Facebook.com page and Gearbox themselves, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel is in fact on it's way to previous generation consoles like the Xbox 360. It will allegedly contain four classes working for Hyperion looting and shooting it out on the Moon Base and Pandora's real icy cold moon, as well as new weaponry and Booster Systems, or jetpacks. And for the first time in forever, players will be able to go it as CL4P-TP armed with his own skills and guns.

post-26953-0-55365400-1397077094_thumb.jpg

With this information are you excited for the next Borderlands? Do you have any concerns for Gearbox, such as the apparent lack of support for the Xbox One and PS4? Let me know below!

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 3

Woo I can't wait for this to come out

You know Kenway your lucky Azaxx didn't keep me occupied with Clannad otherwise I would of beaten you since I love borderlands so thank him next time you see him ;)

Great article Kenway

I think gearbox are making a huge mistake if they do not launch this game on XB1 and PS4 it would not tae much work just make the graphics maybe look a bit better on XB1 and PS4 version and loading screens of course are better and you are set many people no longer play 360 or PS3 and this change benefits the creators anyway as they make more money. :)

What have they got to lose ?!

Edited by Caboose the Ace

I've personally never played a Borderlands game, but I've heard they are good, action packed, full of Easter Eggs and just generally a great series. Although it's disappointing that it is not coming to current-gen, it's probably better that way considering they'll make more money off of putting it on last-gen :D!

• 3 weeks later...

It's likely that development for the next Borderlands was under way well before the dev kits went out for PS4 and XB1. That alone would make the most sense about why it isnt for the next gen of consoles. Having waited for the dev kits would have pushed development back, meaning the release date would also be set back, and likely create some competition for their marketing timeframe.

That being said, Borderlands is a great series, and you cannot fault Gearbox directly for the horrible game we got with A:CM. That alone is the fault of Sega and Activision for haing said game in the laps of sevwral developers for way to long. Gearbox was the last dev to have any full control over the already failing IP product.

• Like 2

This 'pre-sequel' sounds interesting but I haven't really gotten into Borderlands just yet. I've heard so many great things about Borderlands from my brother and a few other people. I just hope I can get into the series. I mean, I own both games and almost never play them!