halo 2 pc map editor (work campaign maps?)

i bought the pc version a long time ago but didnt try the map editor.

i know you can make maps, and ive seen people making playable missions.

but can i edit a campaign map, and use characters like >gravemind<?

also can i import a model into the game????

, i wanted to do a halo generations thing......halo 1-2-and 3 meet..

master chief meets the other generations of cheif.

Short answer, No.  Although we the H2MT have made great progress with the HEK, we still can't make our own shared, mainmenu or sp_shared resource maps, which are needed to compile and make full custom campaign maps.  We can compile maps into single player maps, but we lack a myriad of things to make it all work.

im not looking to have the campaign maps playable online or for there to be a functioning story,

I just want to make videos with  maps and characters from the campaign.

I mainly want to play with the maps already finished for un edited campaign. keep current map change story.

what I want to do is change how the characters interact and import other halo models. other chief models etc..

Then no, you can't do that.  Sorry.  If that is the type of thing you want to do, you need to start off slow.  Re-animating a rigged biped isn't as easy as just saying "Ok, move here and do this".  You need to assign key frames and move the characters using a solver then export & compile the animations.  If you just want to mess around, I suggest importing biped models into 3dsmax, and making a semi-machinima video through that.

• Like 1

We have no need for Bungie or any other developer.  What we need is the proper command line compiler and Editor.  We can already recreate missing tags and a lot of content.  One of the major drawbacks we have currently, is that we cannot compile JPT!, COLL and PHMO.  Aside from that, we can pretty much create anything we want.