Empire of the Forum Announcement

Sikslik7

Empire of the Forum

Join me as we shall take over the ancient known world!

total-war-rome-2-10linenet.jpg

Recently, I have been playing a considerable amount of Certain Affinity's "Rome 2: Total War." For those of you who do not know about the game, it is a turn-based strategy game set in Roman times, soon after Alexander the Great's death. The goal is to have your faction become the most powerful empire/republic, and crush your opponents through war and diplomacy. With the recent release of some major DLC, I felt this would be a perfect time to share this game with the rest of you. So, what is all of this about a "Forum Empire?" 

I hope that together as a forum we can start a Let's Play, hosted by me and possibly another forum member. I would be able to broadcast our time using Twitch, and edit and submit the videos for the forum Youtube Channel, creating either a complete play-through, or just highlights of our time playing. Here is where the community will come in: all of the important decisions will be left up to the forum to decide. Do we wage a naval war on Carthage, or land armies to sack Rome? Do we form a Celtic confederation, or subjugate them all?

You need to know nothing about the game to participate. Just tell me what I should do next. I will try to accomplish as many of the decisions as possible, even if they are hard or outright crazy strategy-wise.If you really have no clue about what I should do, just tell me to wipe out another faction, or make an alliance if possible!  

So our first important decisions:

1. Do you want two people playing together, or just myself? If so, Who is wiling to join me?

2. What factions do we play as? (List below)

Voting has ended for round 1, proceed to Round 2 voting below.

The Starting Campaign Map:

http://uppix.net/HYbHiO.jpg

The Playable Faction List (I have all DLC): 

http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Factions

Voting for Faction ends on April 11th, at 10 PM EST.

A Brief Summary of each Faction:

Rome: The new Latin power in Italy. Has decent relations with Greek states to begin, but war will come with Carthage and the Celtic Tribes to the North. Powerful swordsman.

Carthage: The old Punic power of Africa. Has decent relations with the Iberians, but will be thrust into War with Rome and desert tribes. Powerful pikes, cavalry, and elephants.

Greek Factions:

Macedon: The descendants of Alexander the Great. Their power is fading, but will set out on a new campaign to unite the Greek World. Powerful pikes and skirmishers.

Athens: The city of Democracy has come across rough times. They are militarily weaker, but have good ties to Egypt and other Greek Factions. More naval and spear centered.

Sparta: The militaristic city-state of Greece. Will they unite Greece and Anatolia, or set out West to reestablish Greek power there? Strong spears and pikes.

Epirus: Descendants of Alexander's Greek mother. They have recently lost a war with Rome, and have the hatred of the Greek States. They have a good mix of troops.

Pontus: The new Greek State in Anatolia. Will they go East to rule the Persians, go North to eliminate the nomadic horsemen, or Conquer Greece itself? Strong pikes and chariots.

Seleucid: The Greek rulers of the East, although hated for it. They will have to go East, but can they hold off other Greek competitors? Strong mix of Pike, swords, cavalry, and elephants.

Egypt: The Ptolemaic dynasty has held a grudge against other Greeks for decades. Will they go East to Arabia, North to Greece and Anatolia, or West? Mixture of units, strong navy.

Syracuse: One of the last remaining Greek colonies in the West. Will they join Rome or Carthage, or set out to unify the Greeks? Strong pikes and navy.

Baktria: The Last remaining Greeks in the East, and must form Alexander's Empire backwards. Strong cavalry and archer cavalry, with good pikes and swords. 

Barbarian Factions:

Iceni: The ancestors of the English. They are secluded, and will have to conquer Gaul or the East before reaching the Mediterranean. Powerful Swords and Chariots.

Arverni: The Gaulic tribe in modern day France. They will set out to unify Gaul, but then where will they go, To Rome, Iberia, or Germany? Powerful Swords and Cavalry.

Nervii: Similar to the Arverni, but in Northern Gaul, and will have to go into Germany. Will they Take Britain? Less diversity and levels of troops. Strong swords.

Boii: A Celtic Tribe in the Northern Alps, used to raiding and pillaging. Has bad relations with other tribes, and at war with German Factions. Strong swords.

Suebi: The main German faction. Will they go into Gaul, cross the Alps, or go East to the Black Sea? Strong infantry and good cavalry. 

Glatatia: Barbarians in Anatolia, but somewhat friendly to Greeks. Will they go East to Persia, go North to the nomadic Horsemen, or take out Greece once and for all? Strong swords.

Iberian Factions:

Arevaci: One of the Iberian Tribes resisting Carthage and Rome. Will they ally with one, or hold off both? Then will they take Gaul, or Africa? Strong swords and cavalry. 

Lusitani: The hated Iberian Tribe. Can they conquer the other Tribes and hold off Rome and Carthage? Then to Gaul or Africa? Strong swords and cavalry.

Eastern Faction:

Parthia: The Eastern horsemen with Persian ambitions. Can they unite the East against the Greeks? Strong cavalry and archer cavalry.

Nomadic Factions:

Royal Scythia: Nomadic horselords on the Black Sea. Will they go West to the Balkans, South to Anatolia, or East to Persia? Strong archer cavalry and strong cavalry.

Massagetae: Horselords of the East, and will have to wage war there. Can they also unite the nomads and take Anatolia? Strong archer cavalry and strong cavalry.

Roxolani: The hated horselords. After conquering their brothers, will they go East, South to Anatolia, or West to the Transylvanian Alps? Strong archer cavalry and strong cavalry.

I would be happy to answer any questions anyone has. 

Edited by Sikslik7
  • Like 5

1. I don't know anyone else on the forum who has this game, but I believe it is just fine if you do this on your own and I will be happy to upload the videos to the channel for all to see(or you can do highlights you can always discuss this with me and I can help you the best I can.)

2. Carthage 

THE ARMY OF ELEPHANTS IS UPON US

Also when is the deadline for choosing a faction so I can add this to the calender so this can get more attention? 

1. Two people...

2. Baktria

They have strong Archery and Cavalry. With them being the last few Greeks in the East you are pressured into a last attempt situation, making your motives for victory more diverse and emotionally connected. You also get to renew an old system in a round-about way, which sounds cool.

1. I don't know anyone else on the forum who has this game, but I believe it is just fine if you do this on your own and I will be happy to upload the videos to the channel for all to see(or you can do highlights you can always discuss this with me and I can help you the best I can.)

2. Carthage 

THE ARMY OF ELEPHANTS IS UPON US

Also when is the deadline for choosing a faction so I can add this to the calender so this can get more attention? 

I'll give everyone two weeks to decide the factions. Therefore, the faction voting will close at 10 PM EST on April the 11th. 

Edited by Sikslik7

I choose Seleucid. They have a lot of strong units except in their navy.

EDIT: Oh, and this should be a solo run. Perhaps a two-person run could be done in the future if this series takes off?

Edited by Mᴀᴇsᴛʀᴏ

The first round of voting is now closed.

The Second Round will begin now.

The Three Factions up for election will be:

Athens

Sparta

Carthage

Voting will end next week, on Sunday April 13th, at 10 PM EST.

The tallies for these factions will carry over. You may  change your vote if you wish. All new votes must be chosen from these factions.

Additionally, RedStarRocket has offered to play alongside me. I will be coordinating with him to see when we could start and how our filming schedule would go, as both of us are very busy. If we are unable to play together, I will continue to host the Let's Play.

I took the time to do a brief overview of the campaign map for each faction, and some of the features for the game. Watch and learn about some of the intricacies you have to decide for me. Do what you guys want politically, set militaristic goals, composition of armies, where to send our funds, and all sorts of other fun stuff. I have not revealed all the decisions you will have to face, and some will be comedic, others fun, and other will decide the fate of the world. 

I apologize for the audio quality at the beginning. I did not realize how loud the music was playing compared to my voice. It gets better though!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpqTsGbEdXo

Carthage House Bonuses: 

2014-04-11_00001_zps67870423.jpg 

2014-04-11_00002_zps0ccc89f4.jpg

2014-04-11_00003_zpse271e4d9.jpg

Athens Bonuses:

2014-04-11_00004_zps36d800dd.jpg

Sparta Bonuses:

2014-04-11_00005_zps212e963c.jpg

Edited by Sikslik7