Spartan Assault or Halo Wars  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Spartan Assault?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Halo Wars

• Yes
    • No

Spartan Assault was more of an operations storyline. It was dead terrible. I didn't learn anything about Sarah Palmer. And that was the entire point of the game! Not to mention how much officially non cannon material it had. 250 rocket clip = Non cannon. Pelican is about half the size of infinity = Non cannon. Teleportation ability = Non cannon.

• Like 1

Spartan Assault was more of an operations storyline. It was dead terrible. I didn't learn anything about Sarah Palmer. And that was the entire point of the game! Not to mention how much officially non cannon material it had. 250 rocket clip = Non cannon. Pelican is about half the size of infinity = Non cannon. Teleportation ability = Non cannon.

Spartans in Halo CE, 2 & 3 couldn't sprint = Non-cannon 

:P

It is a twinstick shooter. That was done for gameplay purposes.

Neither.  They are both horrible games.  SA even more so since it's almost a direct Smash TV ripoff.

Eh not really. I can see the similarites but after playing it I don't see how it rips off in any way.

SA is a good twin stick shooter for short bursts of fun. Not better then Renegade Ops though, 

• Like 1

Well, Spartan Assault. Like most people I wasn't impressed.. or blown away. In that matter it's still a fun game. But if I wanted to play one for the whole day I would probably go with Halo Wars. I just like the strategy and thinking you have to do, that's all. They are both wonderful games though.

If you can, go buy both to complete your Halo collection.

If you can only get one, definitely Halo Wars - you can't miss it. It's an amazing game. Halo Spartan Assault is only fun for one playthrough. After that - it's completely boring and you never want to play it again. Little value for money. Not to mention the pathetic story of Spartan IVs being given tablets to play "a fun little game" for a history lesson... Worst Halo game ever without a question. Since it's far from addictive, which is a quality twin stick shooters aim for, and also has a completely irrelevant storyline, you can easily skip Spartan Assault and not miss a thing.

Definitely Halo Wars. While it's a simple RTS that goes nowhere near the complexity of PC RTS games, it's one of the best console RTS games I've ever played. They actually made the console RTS work and that's difficult to do. Ensemble Studios are also great developers who helped pioneer the RTS genre with Age of Empires, which is one of my favorites.

Although the characters are heavily underdeveloped, Halo Wars also has a story that's actually entertaining. I can't rate Halo Wars anywhere among the Halo games, because it's so different and does its job well in terms of being a console RTS. Not to mention the great soundtrack that Halo Wars has, whereas Spartan Assault's is repetitive and forgettable. Halo Wars captures the Halo feel very well in every department. So well, that you'd have thought Bungie developed it.

Halo Wars anytime. I can't believe how much time I spent just playing Halo Wars. I remember leading a team of newbies against generals and we won. One of the generals sent as a message full of bad words and we just laughed. Halo wars has a good story, match making and other features. Whereas I don't really like the way they told Halo Spartan Assault and the idea of Spartans playing a video game. Not to mention that they play as one of their officers. The amount of non canon things are also beyond 9000

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I voted Halo Wars because I feels as if it's a bigger game and more effort was put into it. I haven't played Halo: Spartan Assault, I've only seen gameplay. I will be getting it on Xbox One real soon, and I'm sure my vote will remain with Halo Wars. Halo Wars is a bigger game in general, it's a full game not an arcade game. It seems to be more complex than Halo: Spartan Assault and it's story seems more interesting to me. Now don't get me wrong, Halo: Spartan Assault seems like a great game, but I would vote Halo Wars over it.