XCOM: The 343 files

D-38 Boss

So, here's the deal.

Recently, I've had the hankering to start a new run-through of XCOM: Enemy Within.

BUT! I want to go about it differently.

Previously I have Written what was refered to as XCOM: Declassified Debriefs; a story told through Files I wrote based on the events which occur in the game.

Now, here's the situation:

I need YOU guys to cast yourself as the characters for this playthrough; BEARING IN MIND, that some of your characters may die. But, I'll make one, AND ONLY ONE! Clone. Let's call this, the Bnus rule.  <_<

But, rest assured I am trying my hardest to keep your little soldiers alive.

Anyway, here's a little format for you:

Name: (First and last. give your real name, a fake one, or call yourself Harry Balzanya. IDC.)

Codename: (When you reach Sergeant, you get one of these. by default, it will be your account name, unless you tell me otherwise)

Hair:

Skin:

Armor color:

Later on, when Research gets done, and things get unlocked, I'll ask some people about more things, but for now, this should do.

Come on people! Those Sectoids won't blow themselves up!

(Also, later on you will have the option to become M.E.C.'s and Bio-soldiers, but not yet. :P)

Space available:

Regular troops: Infinite

M.E.C.s: 2

Bio-Soldiers: 3

Current Roster:

Bnus: Anthony Buneuro - Heavy

Zaguroth: Michael Patrick - M.E.C.

Yang Xiao Long: Yang Xiaolong - Heavy

JXZAW: Jack Hart - Assault

Fishy: Fishy Fish - Sniper

BeckoningZebra1: Bee "BZ1" Zeewun - Assault

D-38 Boss: Colin Gervasi - Sniper

Edited by D-38 Boss

Name: Yang Xiao Long

Nickname: Rising Dragon

Hair: Yellow (not blonde)

Skin: A whitish colour (not fully white but something close)

Armour Colour: Yellow with Orange highlights 

hopefully i don't die in the first five seconds 

I wanna be in it o_o

Name: Michael Patrick

Nickname: Tempest

Hair: If you have the DLC that adds the helmets and stuffz, I'd like 36 (one with skull on the faceplate)

Skin: 2 (race 1)

Armor Deco: 2 or 3 (don't like the default one D:)

Armor Color: 32 (think that's black.. can't remember)

Class: Heavy or MEC (preferably with flamethrower)

Can you tell I have the game yet? XD

I'll edit with the hair and whatnot after I go look at the different numbers so I can specify for you ._.

Edited by Zaguroth
  • Like 1

I'll try to get as close as possible with the colors,but they use presets.

Also, Yang, Your name will read as Yang Xiaolong, that cool?

AND ALSO; I might have an HDPVR running for this, so you might see a few of the bigger operations with VIDEO :awesome:

Zag, you'll be our first M.E.C. :D

Here's a little Intro.

Commander's Log

Initializing Project

Date: February 28th, 2015

So, after a good year of warnings, reports, and sightings that were turned aside, dismissed as insane, the governments of the world came together to authorize The XCOM project.

And all it took was a -Expletive- alien attack to do it.

I've got an HQ dug into a random mountainside in Africa, and a handful of soldiers to work with. I had asked for an army, not a task force.

Most of them are recruits too. Fresh out of basic. Hell, I think a few of them have to remember which end the bullets come out of!

Either way, they're all we've got, and I intend to make them the fighting force I need to fight off these... whatever the hell they are. They've taken to calling themselves the 343rd. who knows why.

Besides the ground troops, I've been given an entire support staff of engineers and scientists, as well as some central command operators.

What was the guy's name? Bradshaw? Yeah... that was it. He's my second in command, in charge of keeping his eyes and ears on the operations in the field. Seems like a good guy, but he's too damn tight spun. He needs to loosen up a bit or we're gonna have a few problems.

Dr. Shen is in charge of Engineering. He's friendly enough, and extremely Technical. I'll have to remember not to talk shop with him, otherwise I'll have my ear gnawed off.

Dr. Vahlen is the real winner of the three. In charge of R'n'D, she's one of the smartest people I've met, and she knows it. It was her findings that sparked the beginnings of the XCOM project. I know she's looking forward to seeing aliens, and then immediately cutting them open to see what makes them tick. The more I think about it, the more terrifying she is. Should think about sending her in the field a few times... might scare the -Expletive- right back to whatever black hole they crawled out of.

Jesus... aliens invading Earth...

Humans always did wonder if there was intelligent life out there. Turns out there was.

It just hates us.

This is the Commander, Signing off.

Gameplay info:

Difficulty: Medium

DLC: All

Second wave: Hidden Potential, Not created equal, Aiming Angles

I think it is important to state, I am not writing The Commander from my own viewpoint, more of a... Fictional Twam, the Twammander if you will. :3

First mission should be up soon.

SOMEONE POST SO IT MAKES A NEW ONE.

• Like 1

Name: Fishy

Nickname: 13

Hair Color: Blue

Skin color: Tan

Need a First and Last buddy, unless you wanna end up Fishy the Fishy Fish.

-------

Mission 1

(Not really, but I wanted to get your characters set up... Yang, you're in the MedBay... Sorry.)

After several scattered invasions and abductions, Raven-1 managed to shoot down one of the Alien ships.

Strike-1 sent in to attack.

Operation Burning Breath

Somewhere, Nigeria

March 13th ,2015, 2:03 A.M.

Squad:

Sqaddie Micheal Patrick (Zag)

Squaddie Anthony Buneuro (Bnus)

Squaddie Jack Hart (JXZAW)

Rookie Colin Gervasi (Boss)

Rookie Faraji Kuumba (Not a person)

Brief:

Strike-1 deployed North of CS-01, in a farm near the Nigerian border.

2:05 A.M. : Sq. Patrick had eyes on a container of “Meld”

2:06 A.M. : Sq. Patrick confirmed contact with Invaders; 2 “Sectoids” inside a barn. Radio Message: “Look, there's a couple of those gray things... I wanna shoot 'em.”

2:09 A.M. : Sq. Hart scored the first kill of the night, using his Shotgun to eliminate one of the Sectoids. Radio Message: “Pop goes the Sectiod!”

2:10 A.M. : Sq. Hart confirmed sighting a second container of “Meld”

2:11 A.M. : Rk. Kuumba Sighted a secondary group of “Sectoids”

2:12 A.M. : Rk.'s Gervasi and Kuumba Engaged the second group, in addition to the remainder of group 1.

2:15 A.M. : Rk. Kuumba, like the idiot he is, took two hits from a “Sectoid”, due to not being in cover. Rk. Gervasi came under fire, but was unharmed.

2:20 A.M. : Sq. Patrick confirmed eyes on what he called a “Glowy Guy.” Video analysis confirmed he wasn't hallucinating, a first for everything.

2:21 A.M. : Sq. Buneuro recovered a container of “Meld” Radio transmission:

Buneuro: “Hey! I found some Orange Juice!”

Patrick: “No! Don't drink it, stupid!”

2:23 A.M. : Sq. Buneuro, fighting through his sudden thirst, confirmed a kill on the afformentioned “Glowy Guy”.

2:24 A.M. : Rk. Gervasi, in a rare show of coolness, eliminated one “Sectoid”, whose mind-link then killed a second. He then went on to gloat for hours.

2:26 A.M. : Rk. Kuumba, once again, and for the last time, showed his idiocy by running next to a burning truck mere seconds before it exploded, killing him.

2:29 A.M. : Sq. Patrick recovered the final container of “Meld” Quote: “So Bnus wouldn't drink it”

2:35 A.M. : Rk. Gervasi, still riding high on his mediocre accomplishment, managed to eliminate the final “Sectoid”.

Central Officer Bradley's Notes

Well, Kuumba was an idiot.

As a side note, shortly after Gervasi's promotion to Squaddie, one of the sniper rifles from the armory went missing. The quarter master says he saw Gervasi creeping around, humming the Mission Impossible theme. I say leave him be. It makes him happy.

Research into the “Meld” has begun. We should have something in... eight days, give or take.

• Like 2

Mission 2

We were gonna send Sq. Patrick along for this one, but he has no arms or legs. Dunno why, Ask Dr. Chen. (Zag, I think you know why :P)

Squad:

Sq. Hart (JXZAW)

Sq. Gervasi (Boss)

Sq. Fish (Guess)

Sq. Buneuro (Bnus)

Rk. Xiaolong (Yang)

Dunno where this Fish guy came from. But reports say he was the only survivor of a mission to the U.K. with Strike-4. He's got a cool Sniper Rifle though. So we're sending him to deal with the latest UFO we shot down.

Operation Driving Calm

Whyarewebackin, Nigeria

4:30 A.M.

Sq. Fish had eyes on a strange floating monster with tentacles. We were gonna laugh at him, but the video surveillance confirmed it.

4:32 A.M.

Sq. Buneuro was engaged by the tentacle monster, but not before Rk. Xiaolong was able to damage it. It then began to -Redacted- Sq. Buneuro

Radio Log:

B: “OH GOD GET IT OFF!”

X: “I've seen enough Japanese cartoons to know where this is going...”

4:33 A.M.

Rk. Xiaolong managed to free Buneuro from the alien's grasp, but only after lasting psychological damage was inflicted.

Radio Log:

B: “Eww.... it's all slimy...”

X: -Snickers-

4:35 A.M.

Seeming like the world was out to get him, yet another Tentacled beast had it's eyes on Buneuro, but quick thinking, (And a quick trigger finger) from Sq. Fish saved him from an X-rated fate.

4:38 A.M.

Sq. Fish climbed atop a truck, and confirmed eyes on what he said was a “Floater” after we determined that he wasn't looking into a toilet, we saw a floating ugly thing that might as well have been made of poo.

4:40 A.M.

Sq.'s Gervasi and Fish tag teamed a floater, Fish blowing up it's cover via a well placed frag, and Gervasi, stealing the kill like a jerk.

Rk. Xiaolong, just kinda... killed the other one. Y'know. Nothing special, but it did the trick.

Radio Log 4:45 A.M.

Buneuro: “Hey! I see the UFO!”

Gervasi: “Oh wow! How? Was it the Glowing parts? Or the fire? Or the FACT THAT IT'S BIGGER THAN A HOUSE!?”

Buneuro: “Well, yeah... all three of those.”

Gervasi: “Bnus, I want you to know that this clapping is entirely sarcastic.”

Buneuro: “Sarcasm is a kind of juice... right?”

4:50 A.M.

Rk. Xiaolong put Flappybird down long enough to spot the “Glowy Guy” Now dubbed, the “Outsider”

4:52 A.M.

In a twist of fate, and in no way funny, Sq. Buneuro came under fire from the outsider. Unable to to react, he was quickly killed.

He will be missed, unfortunately, not by the enemy who shot at him.

4:53 A.M.

In a fit of unbridled fury, Rk. Xiaolong Unloaded his entire magazine into the “Outsider” ending the mission.

Central Officer Bradley's Notes.

Damn it Bnus! I said “DON'T let them kill you”

The troops aren't gonna be happy about this, unless SOME LOOPHOLE ALLOWS Bnus TO COME BACK TO LIFE.

You know, something.

Xaiolong has been promoted to Squaddie, and he has decided he likes it when things explode. so we gave him a rocket launcher. What? We trust him.

Apparently Sq. Patrick has his arms and legs now. Well, they're not HIS, but he has arms and legs...

• Like 1

The Commander, Twam, marched into the Genetic's lab. Central Officer Bradley was waiting for him.

“What's so urgent, Bradford?”

“It's, Bradley, sir. And we need to discuss the... Buneuro... situation.”

“What's with the pauses, Shatner? Spit it out!” The Commander said, his eyes darting back and forth from the tablet in his hand and Bradley.

“Well, we figured he'd be one of the First to…. go. So we took the liberty of cloning him.”

“What? You know how to clone people?”

“Well, not entirely. We can put his mind into a genetic husk. He'll be a different person, but his memories and personality will be unchanged.”

Twam sighed.

“I'm assuming you went ahead and cloned him already?”

“Well, yes, sir. We felt the troops would prefer if we kept him around.”

“Why?”

“I dunno, something about them liking him or something. I wasn't listening.”

“Good work Bradshaw.”

“It's, Bradley, sir.”

The Commander turned, leaving Bradley alone.

“He'll see... once I figure out how to clone myself... he'll pay...”

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Central Updates:

So, Squaddie Patrick is a robot now.

Yeah.

Don't ask.

He's big, and it scares the crap out of me. He also has a kick ass flame thrower.

Also, the freshly squeezed clone of Buneuro is ready for duty. Try not to get this one killed too, eh?

We've finished construction on the thermal generator, and now all the cats in the base are in there because its nice and warm. Good for S'mores too.

Long story short, we're not doing too bad right now.

Also, Dr. Vahlen keeps talking about Supermen for some reason. I think her standards are too high. I'm sure we'll figure out what she means in, say.... 10 days or so.

Central out.

(Some nice toasty missions coming out of the oven soon. Stay tuned.)

Operation Brutal Hymn

Berlin, Germany

Squad:

Sq. Patrick (Zaguroth)

Sq. Zeewun (BZ1)

Sq. Gervasi (Boss)

Rk. Buneuro (Bnus)

Sq. Xiaolong (Yang Xiao Long)

4:54 A.M.

Big Sky arrived at Target sight, a convenience store in Berlin.

Strike-1 Deployed.

5:00 A.M.

Rk. Buneuro, in a horrific call back to his former self's death, spotted two of the Tentacled monsters. The entire squad tightened their belts, and made sure their backs were covered.

5:02 A.M.

Sq. Patrick confirmed a sighting on two floaters. Wait, seriously? We're ACTUALLY calling them floaters? Like, officially?

I hate my job.

Oh yeah, he shot at them and stuff too. Missed, though.

But somehow, Buneuro was able to hit them through two windows, and a mailbox.

I guess a blind squirrel.... you know...

5:03

The new guy, Bee Zeewun, totally shotgunned the crap out of one of the floaters. He then proceeded to make the greatest one-liner in history, but unfortunately, I forgot what it was, and so it will be forgotten by history.

5:04

In a sudden reversal of fates, Xiaolong was attacked by one of the tentacle thingies, but Buneuro saved the day!

Kinda. He shot it, and it let go, but it didn't die.

Leave it to Buneuro to leave a job half done, eh?

Then Xaiolong, with the enemy RIGHT NEXT TO HIM, missed completely, totally justifying the fact that Buneuro didn't kill it.

At least he can hit things, eh?

5:08

Patrick spotted a secondary group of floaters, Hilariously enough, hanging around a septic truck. Kinda poetic if you think about it.

5:10

Sq. Beewun downright owned one of the flying squid things.

How is he hitting things with his shotgun better then the rest of the team with regular guns? Who knows, but he's doin' his job.

5:11

Xiaolong recovered a container of Meld. Radio transmission:

X: “I found some orange stuff! Anyone want it?”

Bnus: “Can I drink it?”

Multiple: “No!”

5:13

Xiaolong blew the crap out of a wall trying to shoot a floater.

If he was aiming at the wall, he'd have had a 100% accuracy rating.

But he wasn't.

So he doesn't.

Loser.

Also, Gervasi's just kinda been... sitting on top of a truck this whole time. Just... watching the action. Lazy jerk.

5:15

Patrick made one of the floaters into swiss cheese with his minigun.

It's about time too. He missed a lot.

How much does the ammo for that thing cost, anyway?

He's probably wasting a lot of money right now...

5:17

Xiao, there's not gonna be much of that wall left when you're done.

Oh crap! Where'd that tentacle thing come from!? It totally snuck up on Gervasi!

Well, serves him right for hiding like a little girl. A little halokittygirl...

5:20

Sick of wasting his LMG ammo, Xiao used a rocket to blow the crap out of two Floaters.

Heh heh... Crap.... Floaters.... poo joke.

5:21

Oh yeah... that thing is still choking the life out of Gervasi....

Patrick saved him with his minigun, yet somehow didn't hit Gervasi at all.

Oh well, I'm sure he'll be dead soon... I MEAN, UH... Great! Nice work Patrick! You saved the day and stuff!

Mission complete.

Kills:

Xaiolong: 2

Patrick: 2

Zeewun: 2

• Like 1

Gentlemen.

We have done it.

The power of Meld is ours to...

COMPLETELY SCREW AROUND WITH! :awesome:

So, as I'm sure you've noticed, Meld is a collectible resource in XCOM: Enemy Within.

Using it, you can turn your soldiers, into things like Zag: Big robots.

On the alternative, you can use it to make your regular soldiers into super soldiers through Augmentation.

So here's the plan.

I'm going to allow two more M.E.C.s (Robots)

And 3 Super Soldiers.

First come first serve.

Get it while it's hot!

I would like to be a big little robot :P

You know me since I am the rocket launcher guy

You'll lose the rocket if you do.

I don't remember if the M.E.C. unlocks a rocket launcher later.... O_o

But anyway, if you make yourself an M.E.C., you lose most of what your character had.

<_< What the crap am I gonna do with a team of robots? jeez...

Operation Brutal Hymn

Berlin, Germany

Squad:

Sq. Patrick (Zaguroth)

Sq. Zeewun (BZ1)

Sq. Gervasi (Boss)

Rk. Buneuro (Bnus)

Sq. Xiaolong (Yang Xiao Long)

4:54 A.M.

Big Sky arrived at Target sight, a convenience store in Berlin.

Strike-1 Deployed.

5:00 A.M.

Rk. Buneuro, in a horrific call back to his former self's death, spotted two of the Tentacled monsters. The entire squad tightened their belts, and made sure their backs were covered.

5:02 A.M.

Sq. Patrick confirmed a sighting on two floaters. Wait, seriously? We're ACTUALLY calling them floaters? Like, officially?

I hate my job.

Oh yeah, he shot at them and stuff too. Missed, though.

But somehow, Buneuro was able to hit them through two windows, and a mailbox.

I guess a blind squirrel.... you know...

5:03

The new guy, Bee Zeewun, totally shotgunned the crap out of one of the floaters. He then proceeded to make the greatest one-liner in history, but unfortunately, I forgot what it was, and so it will be forgotten by history.

5:04

In a sudden reversal of fates, Xiaolong was attacked by one of the tentacle thingies, but Buneuro saved the day!

Kinda. He shot it, and it let go, but it didn't die.

Leave it to Buneuro to leave a job half done, eh?

Then Xaiolong, with the enemy RIGHT NEXT TO HIM, missed completely, totally justifying the fact that Buneuro didn't kill it.

At least he can hit things, eh?

5:08

Patrick spotted a secondary group of floaters, Hilariously enough, hanging around a septic truck. Kinda poetic if you think about it.

5:10

Sq. Beewun downright owned one of the flying squid things.

How is he hitting things with his shotgun better then the rest of the team with regular guns? Who knows, but he's doin' his job.

5:11

Xiaolong recovered a container of Meld. Radio transmission:

X: “I found some orange stuff! Anyone want it?”

Bnus: “Can I drink it?”

Multiple: “No!”

5:13

Xiaolong blew the crap out of a wall trying to shoot a floater.

If he was aiming at the wall, he'd have had a 100% accuracy rating.

But he wasn't.

So he doesn't.

Loser.

Also, Gervasi's just kinda been... sitting on top of a truck this whole time. Just... watching the action. Lazy jerk.

5:15

Patrick made one of the floaters into swiss cheese with his minigun.

It's about time too. He missed a lot.

How much does the ammo for that thing cost, anyway?

He's probably wasting a lot of money right now...

5:17

Xiao, there's not gonna be much of that wall left when you're done.

Oh crap! Where'd that tentacle thing come from!? It totally snuck up on Gervasi!

Well, serves him right for hiding like a little girl. A little halokittygirl...

5:20

Sick of wasting his LMG ammo, Xiao used a rocket to blow the crap out of two Floaters.

Heh heh... Crap.... Floaters.... poo joke.

5:21

Oh yeah... that thing is still choking the life out of Gervasi....

Patrick saved him with his minigun, yet somehow didn't hit Gervasi at all.

Oh well, I'm sure he'll be dead soon... I MEAN, UH... Great! Nice work Patrick! You saved the day and stuff!

Mission complete.

Kills:

Xaiolong: 2

Patrick: 2

Zeewun: 2