Lashout

FTG Insanity

Lashout

An upscaled remake of Halo 2's Lockout which focuses on improving the matchmaking experience of Halo 4's Shutout by including excluded gameplay elements from the original map.

I started the concept for this remake in Halo: Reach on 10/15/2010.

My original goal was to remake Lockout in every aspect when it comes to line-of-sight, jump ups, weapon placement, and spawn placement with no sprint in mind.

The problem with remaking Lockout with this approach is Halo 4's spawn system and how it's meant for bigger maps.

With this realization, I remade my concept but with a bigger scale which in return created a smoother and closer experience to the original Lockout.

There are three different versions of this map:

Lashout, a matchmaking equivalent which uses ordinance

Lashout Spectator, the same as the matchmaking equivalent but with green spectators above a grid

Lashout Classic, spawns and map geometry are the same as the matchmaking equivalent but weapon placement is placed as close to the original map without ordinance.

post-5416-0-94711800-1395200664_thumb.jpg

post-5416-0-57229600-1395200666_thumb.jpg

post-5416-0-99395100-1395200667_thumb.jpg

post-5416-0-88826700-1395200669_thumb.jpg

post-5416-0-32874800-1395200671_thumb.jpg

post-5416-0-88336500-1395200672_thumb.jpg

post-5416-0-67836500-1395200674_thumb.jpg

post-5416-0-07010200-1395200676_thumb.jpg

Any complaints I'd have about this map would be nit-picking, since it looks really well done! I have to commend you for your work! I'm always amazed at the dedication and effort put into replicating a classic map from the good ol' days... it's something that I wouldn't have the patience to do! :hrhr:

The only thing I'm not overly fond of is the colour scheme and the underside of the ramp leading up to the top of the red building.

I'd consider changing some of the colours to either blue or neutral outside of the buildings, since it seems to clash a little. As for the ramp, try using other pieces to see if you can eliminate the geometry jutting out from the bottom if there are any wall or block pieces still available.

Any complaints I'd have about this map would be nit-picking, since it looks really well done! I have to commend you for your work! I'm always amazed at the dedication and effort put into replicating a classic map from the good ol' days... it's something that I wouldn't have the patience to do! :hrhr:

The only thing I'm not overly fond of is the colour scheme and the underside of the ramp leading up to the top of the red building.

I'd consider changing some of the colours to either blue or neutral outside of the buildings, since it seems to clash a little. As for the ramp, try using other pieces to see if you can eliminate the geometry jutting out from the bottom if there are any wall or block pieces still available.

I'm confused about what building you're calling red.

All of the colors were mimicked from Shutout and I completely understand lol..

My budget is very limited and I have almost no objects to work with.

Thank you for your input.

I wish there wasn't an object or a budget limit, I'd be able to make this map much cleaner without them.

• Like 1

I'm confused about what building you're calling red.

All of the colors were mimicked from Shutout and I completely understand lol..

My budget is very limited and I have almost no objects to work with.

Thank you for your input.

I wish there wasn't an object or a budget limit, I'd be able to make this map much cleaner without them.

It would be the building with the landmine and pallet on it, or the "Sniper Tower"... the building shown in the last screenshot. But I know that frustration of not having enough pieces to work with. :hrhr:

It would be the building with the landmine and pallet on it, or the "Sniper Tower"... the building shown in the last screenshot. But I know that frustration of not having enough pieces to work with. :hrhr:

I'm not sure what exactly you'd like to change to the underside of the ramp. Did you mean the piece that's there for the railing?