Details on Xbox One April Update

This April update brings improvements to your Friends list, GameDVR quality, new audio settings and much more.

xbox-one.jpg

Neogaf user, Banjo-Kazooie recently revealed the improvements set to launch with the new update coming to the Xbox One in April. 

The update (referred to in his post as 'Update 1404') includes a plethora of new improvements some of which will not be available in the initial 1404 update. 

The updates and improvements coming to with the update are as follows:

• Game and app saves and updates. A game save progress bar will show you the status of your game saves. You will also be able to easily tell what games and apps are being updated or have been updated recently.
  • Friends improvements. Notifications will be added to see when favorites and friends sign in to Xbox Live. This actually was one of the most frequently requested features from the first preview wave and we made it a priority to include it in the April update. Also, friends who are in multiplayer will be identified in the friends list. We’ll also add the ability to view friends’ most popular apps.
  • Blu-ray 50 Hz video output support for content recorded at 50 Hz will resolve video playback issues some Xbox Live members in Europe are experiencing.
  • Kinect voice and motion improvements will continue to fine tune the quality and reliability of Xbox One commands.
  • Improved GameDVR video quality through compression algorithm improvements.
  • Updates to Xbox One device management to address issues controlling TVs, set top boxes, and receivers that our customers have reported.
  • New audio settings to tune how much volume is lowered when Kinect is used in communications.

Again, this update will be coming in April, so stay tuned for more updates.

SOURCE:NEOGAF

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 4

Great news update as always BZ :D!

Also Microsoft need to add notifications for when people go offline, I think 360 needed that a lot! :), they need to add voice messages, improve party chat stability or make it an actual feature and not just an app and finally they need to add a recent players list!!!!! 

Great news BZ1! Looking forward to the update!

Still nothing on voice messaging? I hope they add it at some point. 

From my experiences, the voice messaging works fine. Not sure how it works if people are in separate games. But I do know it works. 

Great news BZ1! Looking forward to the update!

From my experiences, the voice messaging works fine. Not sure how it works if people are in separate games. But I do know it works. 

I mean sending voice messages, I believe they have not did anything about it yet.