Welcome all to the 23rd 343i Weekly Community Poll!

Last week I asked you if Dual Wielding should be implemented into Halo 5 and here are the results of that poll:

YES! I saw some very interesting ideas and suggestions on how it could be implemented in Halo 5, best described by The Dumb Marine in his over powered but very thought provoking post:

Dual wielding... It needs to come back, We've all seen how makes a different effect on the battle field, And how it is also quite an interesting tactic. Though some found it annoying, It was a good feature which allowed you to feel like a spartan, You can simply hold two weapons at a time oppose to one. But one thing; If a spartan riding passenger on a mongoose can wield a spartan laser in one hand, Why can't we wield a spartan laser in two? We use the spartan laser since it technically doesn't need to be reloaded, It is just a cool down. But you can obviously see that spartans can hold huge weapons in one hand meaning they must have the strength to hold two at a given time. Even if it were a special ability, For example: If we have a tac package called "Juggernaut". That should increase our damage resistance and allow us to dual wield any two weapons. Overpowered, Yes. But the ability to be a spartan and actually feel like one is the key, To make it more interesting. I know I wrote a lot here, And got a bit off topic. But Dual wielding was amazing, And it definitely NEEDS to come back to us.

On to this week's poll! Though he wasn't seen in every Halo game, his presence can undoubtedly be felt thoughout the course of the games. Many people assume after the destruction of the Halo array in Halo 3 this monstrous villain was destroyed as well, but was he really? 

Is Gravemind Dead?

gravemind.jpg

That's this week's Community Poll, be sure to vote yes or no below and to leave your reasoning behind your answer below!

Voting ends March 17 @ 6:00 AM EST

See y'all next week! :wave:

Have a question, complaint, or suggestion pertaining to the poll? Message Me.

• Like 4

The gravemind is dead, the ark on which it precided was destroyed by the replacement of the Halo destroyed in Halo CE, these rings destroy all organic matter, including flood.  

The ring was fired inward towards the ark, thus destroying all organic matter on the the ark itself, this als dampend the blast and probably since the halo was still being build the blast wasn't nearly as strong, one of the reasons John-117 probably survived the blast.

However the flood itself has not been eradicated, since a lot of flood were kept on the rings for research possibility's. 

The UNSC started a program to dismantle all of the rings and destroy flood if found. Spartan-IV's are trained in flood eradication, which can be seen in Spartan Assault. 

I bid ya good day

I've read from somewhere (The Halo Wiki I think) that even though the Physical Gravemind has been destroyed, His consciousness could still be alive in another Flood form that was not on the Ark.

I mean somehow He can control each Flood form over vast distances in Space, so its not out of the realm that maybe He transfered his persona into another Form before his death.

And even if It's actually dead, it would just take another outbreak to form another Gravemind, and there is still plenty of Flood still left.

So yes, I believe the Gravemind is still alive.

• Like 1

Halowaypoint has a video about the Gravemind.

If I rember correctly there is not one single Gravemind. Once the Flood is released upon a planet their first goal is to infect as many organisms as possible. Then once they have achieved that they start working towards building a Gravemind. A thing to control all the Flood masses because else they would have no purpose. A Gravemind is build out of organisms they have harvested and it also harvests their knowledge. These stages are clearly seen in Halo:CE. First the infection spreads, then they build a proto-gravemind on the Truth and Reconsilliation (The name proto-gravemind comes from the kinect scanning function and in a terminal vid is shown that the proto-gravemind is harvesting captain Keyes' knowledge).

Once you destroy a Gravemind. They'll just build a new one.

The Gravemind of Halo 2 and 3 was just one of many many Graveminds spread out not only through our galaxy, but others in the universe. This one just happened to be a very powerful Gravemind, much more powerful than one that was just made. This one was on a level where it had abilities close to that of Precursors ie. the ability to telepathically talk to John and use transientience to teleport him and the Arbiter to their destinations in Halo 2 and how he does with his Flood in Halo 3. I don't think he was based on High Charity itself to be honest, I think that was just a main focal point for him and a highly concentrated Flood nest where he could send his thoughts.

Basically, no I don't think The Gravemind is dead. Not by a long shot.

I think the Gravemind will make a return in Halo 5, a different one at that. I mean, the universe is huge, who's to say there aren't any more Graveminds. Who knows, I can't say I've read many Halo books and my knowledge on the Halo Universe is average at best but I do believe that another Gravemind is alive that could possibly be more powerful than the Halo 3 Gravemind.