Is halo 3 multiplayer going to be canceled?

Shun 'Kanamee

• 2 weeks later...

I liked Halo 3 more than Reach though. Reach had some rather strange glitches and I really hated bloom. 

Still I think in matter of mp I liked Halo 3 first and Halo 4 as a close second. Reach using maps from SP missions, was somewhat strange.

Still reach had way better immersion in MP just because of that.

• 1 month later...

I liked Halo 3 Multiplayer Matchmaking, but it is almost impossible to play now.  Not sure if it is due to lack of servers, but it is just a lag fest.  I miss the game online, but it will be no great shock to me if it is closed down.

Besides, I can wait for the Anniversary Edition.  Or the Xbox One Edition, depending how it is re done.

Halo 2 ended because the Live version changed. Halo 3 along with ODST will likely see an EOL sometime around the release of Halo 5. Financially and resource usage wise, it would not make sense to keep 5 different versions all running along side eachother. And depwnding on when they decide to EOL 360 Live support, it could potentially end somewhere in the 2-3 year range.

I will say, after going back and playing H3 MM, it doesnt feel the same as it did when I played it all those years ago. It just feels so slow and sloppy compared to when I boot up Halo 2 PC.

• 1 month later...

In any case, It's going to be one very sad day when they relinquish Live Service on the 360. So many memories. I even think it's sad when you stare at a desolate MP map. You know there were many great moments and battles and fun times in that game, on that map, but the memories can no longer be made, and you can only hear the wind and an echo of past days on the maps. Sort of like a ghost town. Reminds of when I would play Halo 2 on the original Xbox and just explore the maps by myself. It had never been so quiet...

Woah...Where'd that come from?

In any case, It's going to be one very sad day when they relinquish Live Service on the 360. So many memories. I even think it's sad when you stare at a desolate MP map. You know there were many great moments and battles and fun times in that game, on that map, but the memories can no longer be made, and you can only hear the wind and an echo of past days on the maps. Sort of like a ghost town. Reminds of when I would play Halo 2 on the original Xbox and just explore the maps by myself. It had never been so quiet...

Woah...Where'd that come from?

Reminds me of when I was a noob on TF2 playing custom never to be seen again orange or achievement servers. Ahh, the bad days when I made Stimpy look like a Precursorf