I wasn't able to find another topic on this, but please delete if there is.

Does anyone else notice they play better during a 2 player spilt screen match? Even with the smaller screen size and drop in detail, I perform better as I find the further reduction in tracking speed allows me to dial in my aim that much more. I'm not sure what the average player has there controller sensitivity set to, but I'm a 1 in both full and split screen matches, and a one in split screen feels just enough slower to put me at my best. I suppose this is an effect of the slightly wider aspect ratio? I'm certainly a good bit above average in Sniping and BR/DMR duals when in split screen, and near pro on the Gauss Turret. (Didn't know there was an Unfrigginbelievable medal till I earned a few back on Exile). And yet, I can't hit a thing with the Gauss in full screen, it really is night and day. I currently play on a 92" projector screen, which in split screen is perfect, but while in full screen I find I'm always over compensating. If playing alone I just move the projector closer to the screen, which helps, but still isn't the same as split screen. Too many times I've signed in a guest, just to hide them and play on by my self in split screen.

Does anybody with programming knowledge know how much effort it would take for 343 to incorporate a single player mode with the aspect ratio of split screen mode? Would there even be a demand? I can't be the only one out there! I'd even be happy with an option to use just the top half off the split screen mode! 

Thank you for reading

• Like 2

I understand you on this topic, I actually think I play better split-screen but also I play a lot better on a smaller monitor or TV. It's down to your eye sight being able to focus more with playing on a smaller screen and Split screen that makes you play better. Well, that can be argued against but that's how it is for me.

• Like 3

There's less aim acceleration in split screen?

There's quite a big chance it's due to that; many good players have pointed out their dislike of aim acceleration because it simply can't keep up with their aiming and reaction time, so it's the players who have to then re-adjust their performance.

• Like 1

There's less aim acceleration in split screen?

There's quite a big chance it's due to that; many good players have pointed out their dislike of aim acceleration because it simply can't keep up with their aiming and reaction time, so it's the players who have to then re-adjust their performance.

eh there is and isnt there actually isnt but it seems like there is because you have less of an area that you have to focus on 

I suppose the difference for me was less back in the Halo 3 days, I used to play pretty well in both full and split. Maybe I'm just getting old? Haha. But aim acceleration is the perfect way put it. I don't know if there would be anyway to incorporate an aim acceleration setting outside of controller sensitivity?

I suppose the difference for me was less back in the Halo 3 days, I used to play pretty well in both full and split. Maybe I'm just getting old? Haha. But aim acceleration is the perfect way put it. I don't know if there would be anyway to incorporate an aim acceleration setting outside of controller sensitivity?

i dont know either :P if i did i would probably do it xD

Shock has a good point.  For most people, playing a game or watching tv on big screens is hard to do, do to the fact that you have to adjust your POV to a certain part of the screen.  Playing on a small or mid size tv at about 2-3 feet, allows you to see the whole screen and notice more movement without having to glance around the actual screen.

• Like 1

I understand you on this topic, I actually think I play better split-screen but also I play a lot better on a smaller monitor or TV. It's down to your eye sight being able to focus more with playing on a smaller screen and Split screen that makes you play better. Well, that can be argued against but that's how it is for me.

You're right. I play on a computer monitor aswell and I can notice movement almost instantly and react to it. I've noticed when I play on a bigger screen my eyes get tired far more quickly.

Never liked playing on split screen in competetive multiplayer though. I don't know if this still happens in halo 4 but in Reach the graphics just went completely bad. But I can however understand how this could be a advantage because of little distractions.

• Like 2

You're right. I play on a computer monitor aswell and I can notice movement almost instantly and react to it. I've noticed when I play on a bigger screen my eyes get tired far more quickly.

Never liked playing on split screen in competetive multiplayer though. I don't know if this still happens in halo 4 but in Reach the graphics just went completely bad. But I can however understand how this could be a advantage because of little distractions.

do you know why it is that it seems like there isnt any delay?