Titanfall Will Not Require Online Passes

VinWarrior

Respawn Entertainment has confirmed that Titanfall will launch without the need of Online Passes or Verification Codes.

With the controversy surrounding Electronic Arts and Online Passes on previous titles like Mass Effect 3, Respawn has officially stated that Titanfall will be free of this. The issue arises from those who chose to buy the game pre-owned rather then new as they want to save a few extra dollars. Doing this prevents them from playing online, which has angered the majority of the gaming community. As well, Respawn is keeping the lid on for Season Passes for the game at launch and after.

post-26953-0-98680800-1393636590.jpg

The verification comes from Titanfall's own account on Twitter.com, stating: "Sorry for any confusion. There is no ONLINE pass for Titanfall. We have no details to announce around a Season Pass at this time." Respawn also previously confirmed DLC on the subject of season passes. They had no specifics to give on these Add-ons though. Titanfall is confirmed to be free of Micro-transactions as well. 

Will you be buying Titanfall new, pre-owned, or are you pre-ordering?

• Like 4

As well, Respawn is keeping the lid on for Season Passes for the game at launch and after.

This probably means that they'll have them; season passes aren't a bad thing at all, and without microtransactions, the season passes are becoming more and more appealing, so why wouldn't they announce them now? Perhaps because they're waiting to announce it at a game conference (i.e. E3).

I think that this game, is shaping up to be not only one of the greatest Xbox One games so far, but also the best game that EA has ever published. Period. 

I can not wait to see what comes of it. (Oh and I hear it will has Dinosaurs)! :D