Pokemon Tournament Idea

Azaxx

This is just an idea, which I'm throwing out to everyone to see how many people would be interested.

Essentially the idea is a Round Robin styled tournament having trainers battling out each other in games of best of 3. After X amount of weeks, the games end and the finals take over to see which Pokemon Trainer is the very best, like no one ever was.

The number of rounds depends on how many people participate of course, and if there's an odd amount of people bye matches will be in each round.
There will be no site reward to this unless I have this made into an official event, though that is unlikely due to it not being about Halo. The event would just be for people to have fun which is the most important thing with gaming.

Post a reply to let me know if you would be interested, if there's above 8 people who would be wanting to see it happen, it will. Otherwise it may not happen, or I'll make it a Double Round Robin tourney.

If you have any questions about the idea, ask away.

• Like 6

I HAVE AN EXCELLENT IDEA

INSTEAD OF USING A 3DS WE WILL USE POKEMON SHOWDOWN

Pokemon Showdown is a FREE Pokemon Battle Simulator that is even better then the Pokemon's battle system on 3DS(because its faster) You can pick your Pokemon even customize each IV. Its cheaper, easier to join games, even access to replays to prevent cheating. Not to mention we can ban certain tiers of Pokemon as well and it doesn't require anyone spending any money(unless your computer is from the 90's then you need to upgrade to run it)

I would add a "NO-LEGENDARIES" Rule. It's not fun to fight a team with mainly legendaries. (I'd do no Megas either)

I'd be down though!

I was going to make the rules for Legendary Pokemon the same that Battle Mansion uses, that being most of the Legendaries are banned and the weaker ones are allowed, but honestly who would want a weak legendary in the first place.

No mega's would be a hard one to control, honesty would have to be the best choice. Although we can see games if either player saves it after the match. I was thinking that for finals mega evolutions can be allowed to make it interesting.

I would suggest an idea here but why ruin the OP team fun

I HAVE AN EXCELLENT IDEA

INSTEAD OF USING A 3DS WE WILL USE POKEMON SHOWDOWN

Two votes for that.

On an off note, Bnus, have you seen PokéBattle? It's essentially the same thing, but it's being made using X and Y models and animations, and has additional tools like an on-site pokedex. It's in closed beta right now, I think. Mewants.

Two votes for that.

On an off note, Bnus, have you seen PokéBattle? It's essentially the same thing, but it's being made using X and Y models and animations, and has additional tools like an on-site pokedex. It's in closed beta right now, I think. Mewants.

PokeBattle? Sounds familiar I think Pokemon Showdown has plans to add 3D models too in the future.

Hey Azaxx can we use the unreleased Pokemon hidden in the game files?(I have 0 way of obtaining them so the question is pointless)