Minecraft Server?

Sikslik7

Recently I have been playing a lot more Minecraft, and am wondering if anyone on the forums hosts a PC Minecraft server or rents one. I know DocSpartan007 has (had) one, but I was wondering f anyone else has one?

There main reason why I am asking is to see if we could organize a community Minecraft playdate on PC. Even If we one play a minigame once in a while (like UHC, or something similar), it would be something else non Halo related that many members can enjoy. 

Additionally, I have started to look into setting up or renting a server myself, and have found the costs to be a little to pricey for the quality of server in most places. I have found one site which is able to host some massive servers without much lag, and can get a special discount using a promotional code for 25% off (I plan to buy a year). I am looking at the Dirt or the Grass Server, so roughly between $48 to $75 (USA). There server will allow us to create new maps at any time, and can change the gametype and map settings. https://mcprohosting.com/plans.php

I am thinking about making a Survival Server, and then hosting special events throughout the year, and hope to host some special minigames and competitions between members of the forum (UHC?)

If this gets enough positive feedback from the forums, I would be happy to chip in or even get it myself. I don't want to start this up if there is not going to be much activity on the server or much support.

So, what do you guys think?

Edited by Sikslik7
  • Like 3

I can recomend a server but its not from here it is from the youtube comentator woodysgamertag i havent palyed on it my self but heard it is great, i cant remember the ip but just head to his chanel you finde it there

I think it is WoodyCraft.net

Edited by skummgummigubbe

I love Minecraft I love minigames and I love love making Minecraft maps or playing them. 

I also love this idea but the only issue I have is making this server public. If anything we should make this server whitlisted and only certain approved members can join in(and if do it that way we can create a fun survival server) I wouldn't mind chipping in as well

Also the mod Doc has a MC server not sure if it is up and running we should ask him first if he can still host it before jumping into this.

• 1 year later...