Star Wars Battlefront: Battle Wish List

BeckoningZebra1

Star Wars: Battlefront is going to receive a greatly anticipated reboot in 2015 by Dice Studios. I was a huge fan of the Battlefront series and had a lot of fun blasting droids and rebels alike. So I've compiled a top 3 list of battles I'd like to see debut or return in the upcoming Star Wars: Battlefront game!

The Battle of Umbara

screen-capture-8.png

This battle debuted in Star Wars: The Clone Wars. The battle consists of the 501st battalion (normally led by Anakin Skywalker, but led by Pong Krell because of the situation) and the 212th attempting to take the capital of Umbara. I think the plot from this battle would be great for the campaign and the map would be a quick favorite for matchmaking. The map would be very dark, neccessating the use of night vision. There are many vehicles and weapons (some exclusive to this battle) that could be implemented, and would be excellent for a large sized map.

The Battle of Kashyyk 

turbotank2.jpg

Another large scale map, The Battle of Kashyyyk looked absolutely beautiful in Battlefront 2. I liked how the map played, and it featured some very fun sniper spots, and excellent tactical gameplay. I'd like to see this map reappear in the upcoming game, but I'd like to see it expanded even more to fit the depiction of the battle portrayed in Episode III.

The Battle of Hoth

Battle_of_Hoth.jpg

The battle of Hoth almost doesn't even need a description. Held in high regard among those in the Star Wars community, this map is a fast favorite. The huge AT-AT's seem to be quite the advantage at first, but this is balanced due to how slow they move and how easily they can be destroyed if a skilled pilot is around. I want this to be an exact remake of the map from Battlefront II. It's already perfect, nothing needs to be changed.

That's my Top 3, list your Top 3 below along with a description, and why you want them below.

• Like 4

Oh boy oh boy oh boy! I really hope this does happen. If it is happening, personally I'd love to see them bring back Bespin (think that's what it's called) For the aerial dogfights, as well as the uhm..  Think it was Jedi Temple or something of that sort.. Had a library section.. And a large circular room.. Just because that map had such nice gameplay. Mustafar was also a pretty neat map in Battlefront 2 imo.

Edit: Forgot to mention space battles.. That's a must have for me. Loved the dogfights, blowing up frigates, landing in the enemies ship and destroying it from the inside.

Edited by Zaguroth
  • Like 3

i cant wait to see the release of battlefront III but seeing how EA released their latest game i dont know what to expect but time will tell if EA will actually put some thought and care into the game instead of complaining about their so called bottom line

I am worried about it to be honest. It has a lot to live up to, not to mention where its story might come from. Are they going to really stick with the clone wars, are they going to expand upon the rise of the Empire? There are so many questions that I worry about it. I know Dice can make it happen, I just don't know where it is going to go.

Oh yheah to played BF for hours and hours and hours and had some awesome experiences so one think I hope they bring back is ...

I cannot remember the name but the mode was when you had like luke skywalker obi wan yoda and stuff like that against boba fett darth vader count dooku that mode was just plain awesome. :D

Oh yheah to played BF for hours and hours and hours and had some awesome experiences so one think I hope they bring back is ...

I cannot remember the name but the mode was when you had like luke skywalker obi wan yoda and stuff like that against boba fett darth vader count dooku that mode was just plain awesome. :D

Heroes vs Villains is the gametype, you could play it on Mos Eisley. I don't think you could play it on other maps.

i think it was the first episode of Season 3 The Clone Wars: the one were Kamino was under attack and Fives and Echo defended it. I'll love to see the return of Kamino as a map, but maybe a new game mode were you hold out against wave after waves of droids, just like in the episode. 

Another map i'll like to see is the from Season episode 5 of The Clone Wars Rishi Moon (We also played this in a Community Playdate Zebra, i remember us star wars nerd getting excited) This map would incorporate a new CIS unit, the Commando droid.

what are your thoughts on my ideas?

as always, thanks for reading,

H5 f.  

• Like 2

To be honest the modding community has made some of the best maps for BF I & II so I just want dedicated modding support.

I also want larger scale battles, offline bots, some minor loadout customization and more variety of troops.

If I had to pick a battle though I would say: Battle Of Wookieland. 

I hope after EA's big mistake with what they did with Battlefield 4, they should have learned their lesson and consequences about what happens if you ruin a great franchise. I hope EA gives DICE the amount of time they need with this game to make it as great or even greater than the past Battlefront games. I want the Dedicated Servers system, Offline Bots System, Space-to-Land Battles (Wanted by fans for a LONG time), and the best thing, Dedicated Modding Support. I would also love to have the large scaled battles. That would be amazing.

Battles I want to see comeback:

The Battle of Courscant:

Spacebattle.jpg

The Battle of Geonosis:

Battle_of_Geonosis.png

The Battle of Hoth:

star-wars-battle-of-hoth-hd.jpg

And lastly, The Battle of Endor:

Battle_of_Endor.png

• Like 1